How many of you wear the same clothes every day?

Page 4 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2012, 11:09 am

I buy the same items over and over again. Usually all black.

Bandini
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Feb 2012, 1:44 pm

Ha! The Uniform! My friends threw a party when I left town a few years ago where everyone dressed up in black t-shirts and blue jeans. Halfway through the party someone pointed this out to me, and that it was my going away party.

I wear form fitting black t-shirts / skinny or designer blue jeans and black converse 95% of the time for the last 12 years or so. I have multiple pairs of shirts/pants and keep them clean. Before that it was some variation of the same set of similar clothes. I never wear visible brand names. I don't have the time / $ to find or buy really nice stuff, so the routine lets me save time thinking about it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 1:46 pm

I hardly even pay attention, I wear clothes until I figure they ought to be changed......or I might switch clothes because I want to wear different pants and then wear the same pants I wore the day before the next day. So basically I don't really wash anything that has not been worn at least three times first. lol

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 4:30 pm

I wear shorts year round, and prefer knits like polo shirts and t-shirts. If it's very cold I wear a zip up hoodie. I don't like pants, they're too restrictive. I wish I lived in Scotland. Then I'd wear a kilt all year round. Those look very comfortable, especially if you dress like a true Scotsman.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2012, 4:52 pm

I have 3 pairs of identical jeans--but I wear one for a week, then wear the other one for the next week, and the third pair is for 'just in case'.

I wear polo shirts--no pocket. Don't like the scratchy ones, just the soft ones, and I have a few that are identical, because I hate shopping, so if I see some on a good price, and a color I like, then I just buy as many lthey have in my size. So, I may have about 3 green ones, for example, and I'm sure that everyone who sees me might think I have the same shirt on, because I don't spend any time at all making sure that I didn't wear green yesterday. {don't care}..... but I wear my shirts at most 2 days, at a time,

So, to answer the question >don't tell anybody< I have been known to even sleep in the same shirt between, so when I say two days, I really mean that I've actually had that shirt on for a day, a night, and another day. Geez that sounds bad, but if I don't leave the house, who cares. I don't.

And that's just it-- I really don't care. Learned way-back in junior high that fashion is not my friend. Not gonna be able to compete in that department, so not even gonna try. Also, I hate clothes where I have to be careful of getting them dirty or torn--I hate nylons and things like that where you have to be careful all the time. I'm too much of a tomboy for all that.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 5:47 pm

I wear the same clothes for two or three days in a row. I do a laundry once a week. I am very happy I can buy my clothes online and no longer have to go into stores and shop, where you always have to deal with salespersons.

BlakesMom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2012, 7:38 pm

My son, who is in 2nd grade, wears his clothes multiple days in a row. He prefers them unwashed and absolutely no denim jeans. I allow him to unless they are just filthy or too stinky. He wishes I would let him skip the bath as well, but I wont and he complies. Fortunately he will change his underwear daily but pants and socks are best a few days in. I don't mind, though just now I was noticing his socks have run their course Haha! :)

ATwistedLogic
Raven
Raven

14 Apr 2012, 10:02 am

I pretty much wear the same things everyday

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Apr 2012, 10:31 am

Actually, I change some parts of clothes every day, like shirts and underwear. But I always wear:
1) jeans and my set of sweaters (not simultaneously) or my favorite fleece during the cold period of year
2) jeans/white pants and (t-)shirts during the warm period of year

I usually don't like new clothes (I've never liked).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 10:49 am

I change my T-shirt every day.
I change my jumper maybe every 3-4 days.
I change my trousers perhaps every 5-6 days (this saves on the washing).
I change my socks and underwear every day, without fail.

I do like new clothes and I do want more choice of clothes than I've already got (although I've got enough), but I hate clothes shopping, so that makes it a little bit difficult.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 12:17 pm

I do this all the time.
Probably three or four weeks. Maybe longer. I am lucky that I don't smell; I can get away with wearing them.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 12:39 pm

I usually wear my jeans two days in a row before washing, and I normally wear a tank top (I throw a t-shirt on over it when I go out) for about a week. Everything else goes into the hamper because I really hate to feel unclean or unsanitary, and I do my laundry about once a week. I've always really hated getting my clothes dirty, like the time as a kid in grade school when I spilled sticky orange juice all over my top and I had to wait until the end of the day to change out of it. It nearly drove me nuts. I also found stains or grease from food that wouldn't wash out of my clothes to be quite repulsive. Nowadays I mostly think they just make me look like an unfeminine slob. :)

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 1:00 pm

I sometimes do especially with pants just because right now I'm poor and I can't afford to buy new pants. I usually wear jeans though so it's hard to tell. The longest that I've worn them without washing them was about one week. I do it with shirts as well but not as often. If I'm working and I have to go somewhere everyday I always switch my tops and I try to with my pants as well.

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2012, 1:59 pm

I wear the same trousers and sweatshirts for a couple of weeks without change. I change t-shirt and underwear daily.

zooguy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

I have 2 pairs of blue jeans - the pair on me now is probably month and a half of wearing - I wear the same type of shirt and half about 5 colors and change my shirt when I think everyone is tired of seeing me in it - when I was a kid my mother said I worn my pants till they could walk on their on and wouldn't let her wash them - haven't changed much

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 6:08 pm

Those of you who wear the exact same items (rather than copies of the same item) daily--I highly suggest switching over to wearing fresh clothes every day. I'm a girl and I don't sweat that much, but even I can tell after a day that I need to change clothes. Unwashed clothes can be overwhelming to many people, NT and Aspie alike.

Now, I'm not saying it has to be Priority Number One. There are more important things than smelling nice. However, since it does impact people around you, some effort should be made, for their sake and because you yourself will probably have an easier time communicating when people aren't distracted by your smell.

If you have an aide, or are on the edge of needing one, then this may be a matter to discuss with them, because let's face it--care for people with disabilities is often substandard, and many people who need it don't get it. But if it's something you can address, then it should definitely be on the list.

I've lately found it rather tempting just not to change clothes. It's just one more thing to keep track of, one more thing to worry about. So I can't really think badly of people who don't; a lot of the time, it just isn't their fault, and I just have to deal with the fact that sometimes I'm exposed to sensory input I can't tolerate well. But if you can keep yourself and your clothes clean, you should.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com