Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mego
Toucan
Toucan

27 Oct 2011, 4:16 am

To answer your question about answering. When I was on okcupid and received messages I would answer them based on what was written....therefore long message = long response, short message = short response. But I would always throw in one question of my own to keep it going.

As for moving it to real life...several messages on site --->facebook or messenger--->phone----> coffee date

Another thing worth adding (oh by the way I am a girl)...was that one time I was supposed to meet this guy for coffee and last minute he switched it on me and we ended up going to the store...It was definitely better than a coffee date! We got to do things and had things to say rather than awkward small talk.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2011, 4:18 am

nick007 wrote:
Aspie Affection is BROKEN :!: Some members are not able to search, log into their accounts or even create new ones. Aspie affection really needs to be taken down. or restarted for scratch

this. you cant even search profiles? wat theeee.

is there any fixes inbound at all? is the website even remotely maintained?

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

30 Oct 2011, 7:12 pm

Hi. Could somebody explain the meaning of 'troll' to me? I thought I understood it at one point but, after reading through this thread... now I'm not so sure. Thx.

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Oct 2011, 7:18 pm

Dae wrote:
Hi. Could somebody explain the meaning of 'troll' to me? I thought I understood it at one point but, after reading through this thread... now I'm not so sure. Thx.

A troll is a internet term for people that join a website only a cause a fuss or just to make fun of others.

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

30 Oct 2011, 7:38 pm

Ah. Thank you very much.

SUSNET
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Nov 2011, 10:11 am

Without hijacking the thread too much, do you think there is a gap in the market for a replacement?

I'm a web application developer, I'd be happy to make it a weekend project if people were actually going to use it, but I don't want to put the time and effort in if it won't actually get used!

I'd like to see a general site for making friends and relationships, and there are systems out there that can be worked with, so it needn't take too much work.

What do you all think?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 11:05 am

SUSNET wrote:
Without hijacking the thread too much, do you think there is a gap in the market for a replacement?

I'm a web application developer, I'd be happy to make it a weekend project if people were actually going to use it, but I don't want to put the time and effort in if it won't actually get used!

I'd like to see a general site for making friends and relationships, and there are systems out there that can be worked with, so it needn't take too much work.

What do you all think?

I'd get with Alex on this actually. The current one is in desparate need of overhaul. Admittedly I have an account from three or four years ago that I've been locked out of almost that long simply because if you lose your password you may not get it back.

That said though, my biggest concern that I share with you on this is whether you'll be able to get the name out enough without Alex's help or without being able to improve Aspie Affection directly. I've sent some comments to Alex on how much I liked what OkCupid was doing and thought talking to OK about a sublet on their server might be a good idea - he mentioned that he'd rather improve AA instead but it sounds like between running PR for this site and all the other work he puts in its kind of gotten lost. My OKC makeover suggestion for AA though comes from that it does better than just put profiles out there - it gives people actual direction on who they may want to talk to; additionally I like the idea of quizzes, games, and things that give people social ammunition to talk back and forth.

That said to make a really great site would be a lot more than a weekends work and I wouldn't even suggest going that far (unless you chat up Alex and he's for letting you work on AA) but if you can get word back that you'd have at least several hundred users you could at least look at that format and come up with something, even if bare bones, which has the core essentials.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 11:30 am

SUSNET wrote:
What do you all think?