Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Secret_Helper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Sep 2011, 11:01 pm

Ok I was born in the US in a Puerto Rican family. My family came from Puerto Rico and that's how im culturally influenced. I've been to Puerto Rico many times and I love this place its soo beautiful, plus I have more family there too! I love the food there, many great places to go, I love the music there, and I love the culture. I also went to several Puerto Rican day parades as well. I'm proud to be Puerto Rican.

Keep in mind that I don't speak spanish a lot since I suck at I hope you understand. I might be humbled if there are native Puerto Rican aspies too (and yes you can post in spanish).

I was wondering if im the only Puerto Rican aspie on this site. :P

kiwi36
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2011, 5:12 pm

well I am married to a Puerto Rican, so my kids are all half Puerto-Rican, I am from New Zealand though. I love Puerto Rico, all my husbands family live there, with many relatives living in New York. My daughter has aspergers, and some family in PR have very similar traits to my daughter but they are not getting any treatment there in PR, it seems they are not so good with people on the autistic spectrum in PR, that is why we don't live there. Now I am thinking of arroz con gandules and arroz dulce, yummy....

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2012, 7:48 pm

I am, but i'm only 1/4 PR. I was born in the USA, but my dad & HIS dad's family were all from PR. He's also dominican

Asperger_Funcional

18 Feb 2012, 9:37 pm

Viva Puerto Rico, joder!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

Saludos desde la Madre Patria ;)

wise_wolf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

I'm 100% Puerto Rican. Born and raised in Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico. Diagnosed with asperger's syndrome. Currently in the United States Air Force. Stationed in Japan. having a lot of fun over here. Hoping to meet more aspies in the military or anywhere in the world.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 12:06 pm

Soooo happy to find this thread! Please, I am in Puerto Rico, no doubt I am autistic or aspie…I have a 12yr old son and these are very difficult years for him. I have tried to get a group here going for our kids. We need to show our kids that there are many adults out there just like them. Please send me your info if you are in Puerto Rico to my inbox. I want us to start getting together and making a difference in the lives of others like us in our island…and especially, our children.

Lay26la1990
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Sep 2017, 10:31 am

100% puertorriqueña,

My lineage is as pure as it gets, I was born in Ponce and my parents are both Puerto Rican. I, however, was raised in the US, some of my extended family and my father still reside on the island. Some of my customs are watered down, such a shame. But, yes I also have Aspergers. I think this is interesting because the Asperger traits were not picked up on during the formative years I lived in PR and I was not diagnosed until about a year ago. Then my difficulties in the school in the US was not picked up on either. People attributed it to culture difference - She doesn't have friend's, oh it's because she still not accustomed to living in the US, "she'll eventually fit in"