Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 12:52 pm

Bluesky

I notice that you've been around more autistic people than I have. You probably have some valuable insights, some things I might not have thought of. If everybody had the same background and the same way of looking at the world, there wouldn't be much point in having a forum.

There have been a lot of posts expressing another opinion. Notice that they all came from the same guy. He pops up now and then, like farts in a movie theater.

So go ahead and post.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

22 Sep 2006, 6:18 pm

Sometimes I can imagine it feels like it truly is Us against Them, but for me the reality has been that I was odd and that there were one or two people who thought "He's different, let's make his life miserable". The fact is for my life I had two NT, and so for some people 'Enemy' parents who both had to go through some MAJOR changes to raise me. I am their first child, and so my constant rantings and not liking change unless I was doing the changing for them just meant that I was extremely difficult. That all changed when ny sister started growing up.

Also, almost, oh wait, ALL of my friends are NT, and I've got about 15 or 20 of them. I'm not sure if this is just a case of New Zealand school kids being more accepting than those elsewhere, but I can see where a life of pure abuse can lead to the beleif that NT's are all bad. As these boards show, they're not. In fact, during my life, I always thought I was 'normal', and that I was just having a little bit of trouble, so the switch to knowing I had Asperger's was for me extremely easy.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 9:52 pm

Gotta qualify what I said. emp often provides worthwhile insights, stuff that makes a lot of sense once he points it out, stuff I hadn't realized. He gets carried away sometimes, but so do I.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina