Page 4 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 10:12 am

Jacoby wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
... Maybe he can explain it to me but it's obvious that you can't because you're just a cheerleader.
I have, I can't force you guys to read it tho I guess so there really isn't much of a point anymore. If I'm a cheerleader, what does that make you?

The guy who stayed home from the game, shut off the telly, and read a good book instead.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 11:48 am

number5 wrote:
At first, I didn't think this would end up being a big deal, but now I'm rethinking the potential impact. Cities across the country are joining in. 700 arrests today alone in Brooklyn. I do wish they were a bit more articulate about their grievances, but overall, nice job folks.

Quote:
We are the 99 percent. We are getting kicked out of our homes. We are forced to choose between groceries and rent. We are denied quality medical care. We are suffering from environmental pollution. We are working long hours for little pay and no rights, if we're working at all. We are getting nothing while the other 1 percent is getting everything. We are the 99 percent.

http://www.occupytogether.org/

What do y'all think?

Yeah, man, couldn't agree more and I am so proud of them making a stand!! ! There's supposed to be a march today at 3:00 PM eastern time on Foley Square. I just hope the cops don't arrest them. I thought that was low since they weren't doing anything on the Brooklyn Bridge but walking forward. It was like they were arrested for their views.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

Vexcalibur wrote:

Not really getting conservatives' hardcore subservience to wall street.

I those conservatives can be separated into 2 groups - those who regularly fill their pockets through Wall Street, and the rest who have been convinced that they are at the mercy of those who run it (you know, the sacred job creators).

number5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 11:51 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Yeah, man, couldn't agree more and I am so proud of them making a stand!! ! There's supposed to be a march today at 3:00 PM eastern time on Foley Square. I just hope the cops don't arrest them. I thought that was low since they weren't doing anything on the Brooklyn Bridge but walking forward. It was like they were arrested for their views.

To be fair, I think that bridge does not allow pedestrians, but I am encouraged to see the people finally taking a stand.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 11:59 am

I think what these protestors will need to remember is that their conduct in this event will say considerably more than their words.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

number5 wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

I those conservatives can be separated into 2 groups - those who regularly fill their pockets through Wall Street, and the rest who have been convinced that they are at the mercy of those who run it (you know, the sacred job creators).

:roll:

Sorry, but Conservatives actually realize most businessmen are victims just like the rest of us. Wall Street is just being used as a scapegoat.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 1:20 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

Sorry, but Conservatives actually realize most businessmen are victims just like the rest of us. Wall Street is just being used as a scapegoat.

Small businessmen might be victimized by larger corporations who want to consume a higher rate of profit but stock traders but other financial firm folk certainly are not victims of anything and if they ever do lose money on their risks, the government bails them out. They figure out how to make a short term profit with the bailout money so everyone says "the government made money on that" but what about t long term?

I think we will see more financial crises in the future.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 1:24 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
number5 wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

Small businessmen might be victimized by larger corporations who want to consume a higher rate of profit but stock traders but other financial firm folk certainly are not victims of anything and if they ever do lose money on their risks, the government bails them out. They figure out how to make a short term profit with the bailout money so everyone says "the government made money on that" but what about t long term?

I think we will see more financial crises in the future.

If you look more closely you'd find the people that got the bailouts were buddy/buddy with certain politicians, the ones that weren't got hosed just like everyone else, so again the protest is in the wrong city, it should be parked outside the White House front gates.

Now if you are looking for a really horrible company, I know of one that I've recently complained to the BBB about.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 1:33 pm

That's the point. The corporations are buying the politicians. It's so corrupt. Protesting the white house doesn't do any good so why not try something else?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Oct 2011, 1:41 pm

lol @ Bernanke and Soros feeling "sympathy" for these protesters. If that doesn't tell you anything, I don't know what will. If these protesters were smart they would be protesting the Fed.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 1:46 pm

And who advises the fed and the white house? Why, it's Wall Street. It's the big bosses at Merrill Lynch one of whom wrenched his way pretty high up on the totem pole, just to name a few. Then you got AIG and Goldman Sachs, all big players in politics. They ARE the ones running it.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 05 Oct 2011, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 1:47 pm

Jacoby wrote:
lol @ Bernanke and Soros feeling "sympathy" for these protesters. If that doesn't tell you anything, I don't know what will. If these protesters were smart they would be protesting the Fed.

lol

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in ... t-protests

This goes way beyond party politics.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Oct 2011, 2:06 pm

number5 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

lol

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in ... t-protests

This goes way beyond party politics.

Ron's a really nice guy. I support their right to be their too and there are so things nominally that I agree with some of the protesters but it appears to be going the other way now. I wish this did go beyond politics tho but much like the Tea Party, the establishment forces(unions, Soros groups, Bernanke, and probably eventually the DNC) are moving in to co-opt this "movement" and hollow it out. People are too stupid, misinformed, and easily manipulated to effect change through grassroots it seems. Whenever a protest movement springs up, they get infiltrated and turned on it's head so they end up supporting what they were protesting in the first place. These protesters appear to differentiate between Obama and Wall Street and that is a fatal mistake. Both the Republicans and Democrats are corporatists, there is no difference.

Jojoba
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm

Yeah, from what I've read, it does appear that unions and their main political supporters are moving into the Wall Street protests. I'm guessing this could turnout similar to what happened in Madison, WI - from a protest stand point. Not all that surprising, and not sure if much will come from this. Banks, states, and the Federal government are broke.

"Unions, Dems Back “Occupy Wall Street”

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/ ... ll-street/

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 3:36 pm

I hope this movement doesn't get subverted by the Dems like the Tea Party did by the Repubs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 7:00 pm

"Occupiers vs. Teabaggers"

It just doesn't have the same appeal as Autobots vs. Decepticons, does it?

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.