Castile soap eases irritation following bathing/showering

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

KemoreJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

I have discovered that castile soap eases the irritation and discomfort following showering. I have found most soaps remove too much natural oils. I also try to not rub the skin too vigorously or dry too vigorously either. Just enough soaping to remove old oil without rubbing the oil from deep in the pores. And I prefer to dab the towel over my body also. I have found vigorous drying to be very irritating after (unless its warm and more oil is produced naturally).

:D

I have also found showers which are too hot on the skin to be very irritating after; I feel the fast moving heated water really gets into the pores and digs out all the vital oils.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Oct 2011, 4:17 pm

I use castile soap, too. I also noticed a bigger difference when I got a filtered shower head installed. Now that I am not inhaling and washing with chlorine, my skin feels even softer!

KemoreJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2011, 3:44 am

That's a great idea! I will look for one of those :D

http://www.aeoncp.com.au/Shower_Water_Filter.htm

"The problem is every time we shower, the water we shower in is affecting our health. Your body absorbs Chlorine through inhalation, as well as through the skin. Our skin is entirely chlorine absorbent. Chlorine chemically bonds with the protein in our skin and hair, making hair brittle and dry and sensitive skin itch, dry and flake."

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Oct 2011, 6:25 pm

I use Dr. Bronner's Magic Hemp Oil Peppermint Castile soap. The bottle is great for those who need to
read while in the shower. :D

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Oct 2011, 7:14 pm

richie wrote:
I use Dr. Bronner's Magic Hemp Oil Peppermint Castile soap. The bottle is great for those who need to
read while in the shower. :D

I like this too - especially in the summer!

KemoreJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2011, 12:51 am

I find the peppermint drying personally. I like almond :D God I feel like a woman discussing this stuff lol

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 12:03 am

Love Castille soap! I first used it when my kiddo on the spectrum continuously had rashes and dry skin, etc. It was awesome. Also, I agree about the shower head purifier or whatever, it works wonders. I had a great one I got at Sephora, but they stopped making it and I couldn't find the replacement filters. I need to find a good one on Amazon or something. Where I live the water is DISGUSTING...in fact, sometimes it's a bit brown :-(

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2015, 10:43 pm

Soap isn't necessary for regular showering.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 11:12 pm

Giving this one the breath of life because I just discovered Dr. Jacob's this past year. Complete game changer. It's great- smells good, feels good, and even works on face and hair. I want slowly but surely stock up on my favorite scents as they go on sale. I bought the Coconut one for summer. I might cave and buy some of the Tea Tree stuff for now at full price.

Related note: Kirk's Castile bar soap dries me out.