Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 1:22 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Well this just goes to show that the real racists are Democrats.

Mr. Sharpton raises some good points, and all you can do is play the race card?

Excuse me but saying someone is "not black enough" because they have a different opinion than you, is not even remotely legitimate criticism, putting it mildly.

The fact you think it is legitimate criticism and perfectly acceptable, isn't surprising to me, given some of your other comments.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 1:36 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Excuse me but saying someone is "not black enough" because they have a different opinion than you, is not even remotely legitimate criticism, putting it mildly.

The fact you think it is legitimate criticism and perfectly acceptable, isn't surprising to me, given some of your other comments.

Mr. Sharpton did not say that anyone was "not black enough." Mr. Sharpton's criticism's were perfectly legitimate and acceptable.

Listen again to the interview.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 1:44 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Mr. Sharpton did not say that anyone was "not black enough." Mr. Sharpton's criticism's were perfectly legitimate and acceptable.

Saying someone is not "authentically black" is pretty much the same thing as saying someone is not "black enough."

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 1:50 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Saying someone is not "authentically black" is pretty much the same thing as saying someone is not "black enough."

Mr. Sharpton also doesn't state that anyone is not "authentically black."

You want to focus on the superficial, false accusation of racism so that you can avoid dealing with the substance.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:03 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Mr. Sharpton also doesn't state that anyone is not "authentically black."

You want to focus on the superficial, false accusation of racism so that you can avoid dealing with the substance.

It's more of I consider Al Sharpton to be highly partisan, and his ranting about Mr. Cain actually further raises my opinon of Herman Cain.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:12 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
It's more of I consider Al Sharpton to be highly partisan, and his ranting about Mr. Cain actually further raises my opinon of Herman Cain.

Ah, a chance that we might actually get somewhere.

Which part of the discussion succeeded most in raising your opinion of Mr. Cain?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:49 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Ah, a chance that we might actually get somewhere.

Which part of the discussion succeeded most in raising your opinion of Mr. Cain?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGE_DMkeP1A[/youtube]

Pretty much the entire clip whenever Rev. Sharpton said something derogatory towards Herman Cain.

Also the "pandering to whites" garbage is what really ticked me off towards Rev. Sharpton.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Also the "pandering to whites" garbage is what really ticked me off towards Rev. Sharpton.

It was the woman who used the phrase "pandering to white people", and she actually said that Mr. Cain was not "pandering to white people."

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

It was the woman who used the phrase "pandering to white people", and she actually said that Mr. Cain was not "pandering to white people."

I actually listened to the whole interview, so don't try to tell me that Sharpton wasn't implying things when it was blatently obvious that he was.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 3:21 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I actually listened to the whole interview, so don't try to tell me that Sharpton wasn't implying things when it was blatently obvious that he was.

Congratulations on having listened to the whole interview, but you are accusing Mr. Sharpton of having said things that he did not say. And, your opinion of Herman Cain is going up as a result of things that were never said. Only things that you imagined.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

Herman Cain is the first Republican I like and support their should be more like him.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 5:57 pm

*sigh* Okay. I will do your work for you. Here is an actual quote from Al Sharpton.

Quote:
How could anyone in their right mind — they grew up in the south and saw what they saw — and act like everyone that is unemployed and that is not rich did it to themselves? So I would assume he is either socially ignorant or playing games to get votes, that he couldn’t possibly have grown up and come to that conclusion unless he was one or the other.

So, how would this statement succeed in raising anyone's opinion of Herman?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 6:03 pm

Herman Cain has my vote :wink:

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 6:37 pm

Joker wrote:

Does this mean that it is now OK for Cain to have "border-crossing" babies and "unborn babies" electrocuted and shot as a joke???

"The Future" by Leonard Cohen:
"Kill another [illegal] fetus now, we don't like [illegal] children anyhow"

Tadzio

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 6:56 pm

Tadzio wrote:
Joker wrote:

Does this mean that it is now OK for Cain to have "border-crossing" babies and "unborn babies" electrocuted and shot as a joke???

Tadzio
Obama was saying Republicans wanted a moat with Alligators, and Cain said sarcasticly that he wanted an electric fence too.

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 7:11 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Tadzio wrote:
Joker wrote:

Tadzio
Obama was saying Republicans wanted a moat with Alligators, and Cain said sarcasticly that he wanted an electric fence too.

Ever heard of sarcasm?

He didn't try to hide behind the idea of a "joke" until a few semi-conscious citizens came to a higher level of consciousness of his projected atrocities:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... cain-says/

versus the earlier "his joke" and his real later "final solution" above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfpU19h ... r_embedded

Non-Liberals have already tried to confound this issue by confusing "later" as coming before "earlier".

Tadzio