Help- My girlfriend is suspicious of my online relationships

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 11:03 am

I believe in loyally maintaining the same partner, as far as that relationship can hold out. This is what AspieParrot needs to work on. Anything else risks leading to hurt feelings and resentment somewhere down the line, due to a lack of loyalty. Taken far enough, en masse, this is how society breaks down with divorce and what not.

I'm used to talking, even flirting, with women online but if I had a proper (real life) partner I'd set clear boundaries to anyone I do chat with online that I have a partner to underscore that I'm disciplined at sticking to this relationship. That is, if I do chat with anyone online at all, given that people I talk to online are so unabashedly disloyal towards me it's not even funny. Which affirms that a real life partner is worth more than any number of internet flirt buddies.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 5:09 pm

I'd quite happily stop talking to online people completely through IM, and minimise forum and website communication if my partner who I loved was very upset about it, especially me talking to men.

It depends how much you value your partner.