STAR WARS: The Old Republic vs Guild Wars 2

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 12:46 am

I was really excited about Star Wars: The Old Republic, that was until I saw the trailer for Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 is breathtaking, the art and scenery are spectacular, and the changes they are making seem to make a lot of sense.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMs[/youtube]

Bioware and EA put in more than 300 million dollars to make The Old Republic, and it doesn't look half as good as Guild Wars 2.

Star Wars the Old Republic looks like a complete mess, its cartoony, and the game textures don't look very good, it looks like a complicated mess and everything is so highly exaggerated, basically, it looks like a remake of WoW.

Last edited by wcoltd on 16 Oct 2011, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

jinto1986
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2011, 1:48 am

Guild Wars 2. As far as I know the only game like it that has anywhere near the same ability to change and breathe is Eve, which the gameplay and graphics feel like they are from 1995. If they really do invent a largely changable world, it could be an amazing game, especially with the $0 per month subsciption fee (which is the #1 reason I don't play WoW)

Holinyx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

GW2 doesn't have Lightsabers and SpaceShips !

ComradeKael
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm

I was more excited for SW:TOR than Guild Wars 2, until I managed to get into the beta for Star Wars: The Old Republic. Without going into too many details, it really is just World of Warcraft in space. The only thing difference between SWTOR and WoW is that SWTOR gives you the "Bioware Dialogue" options, which don't really change the story. In some cases you can choose to let someone go as opposed to killing them, but either way the game treats it as you killed them from that moment on anyways. You never interact or see what happened to them.

Without spoiling the game either. Star Wars: The Old Republic seems to go out of it's way to spit on the story of both KOTOR and KOTOR2. Maybe some of you have heard about what I'm talking about and if you really don't know and want to know? Just private message me and I'll tell you what happens in one of the instances you take part in.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:01 am

I'm pretty sure the NDA was lifted for Swtor. Now I can say stuff. Blah blah. Done deal.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 3:09 am

You know whats even better? Getting both, crazy right, I know! But since Guild Wars 2 is carrying the same purchasing model from the first game, one time payment and no sub fees, this leaves any extra income I have left can fund another mmo that is sub based like SWTOR. Also the big factor right now is that Guild Wars 2 still does not have an official release date with only a tentative "going in closed beta this December" as any indicator I'll still give SWTOR a spin when it's released dec 20th.

Miharu
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Oct 2011, 9:07 am

Guild wars 2. I really loved Guild Wars years ago, and i've been waiting for GW2 ever since. I'm not really fond of space things and spaceships, boring black cold empty spaces. I'm more into landscapes and nature, it has more warmth, if that makes sense.