Page 44 of 56 [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 56  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:24 am

Love & Dating seems to be the same old tired arguments over and over ad nauseum and I suggest that whole forum be nuked from this planet.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:37 am

Raleigh wrote:
Love & Dating seems to be the same old tired arguments over and over ad nauseum and I suggest that whole forum be nuked from this planet.

I agree.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm

Scrap the current terrible mods and bring back Hyperlexian!

I am being facetious but Hyperlexian seemed to be the reason L&D kept ticking over.

I don't really go in there much, but I quite agree that it shouldn't be a place for a gender war to be fought. I will speak to the other mods about the merits of changing approach.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 7:10 pm

IMHO if L&D is probably even more of a victim of outside culture than PPR based on the contents and current affairs.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2017, 12:43 am

I'm a little bit surprised that this isn't on this forum, but I think it would be awesome to have a chatbox.

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 1:07 am

https://wrongplanet.net/autism-chat-room/

hard to find, i know. but it's there.

the chatroom isn't linked to the forums in a significant way besides name, the mods there are different than the mods here.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

PassingThrough
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Nov 2017, 9:49 pm

Apologies if this has been discussed and settled (I didn't read through all 47 pages of the thread), but it's only fair to have a men's forum since there's a women's forum. Men have their specific issues involving health, relations with the opposite sex, being male on many campuses today, etc. Why not give men a place to discuss their particular issues?

L.Williamson
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2017, 3:58 pm

A mobile app for Android & IOS would be nice!

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2017, 5:49 pm

I think it'd be nice if the site could let us know any time somebody quoted us.
But I understand if that might not be feasible.

billegge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2017, 6:59 pm

I am interested in seeing an average of Replies/Views and the standard deviation. Its interesting to see what people are more likely to respond to.

billegge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2017, 7:00 pm

Leahcar wrote:
I think it'd be nice if the site could let us know any time somebody quoted us.
But I understand if that might not be feasible.

Me too.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 1:31 pm

Make L & D into the men's forum that they've been asking for because it practically is now anyway.
Female dating issues could be discussed in the women's forum as men can still post there to give their opinion but there are the extra conditions there that posts by men must be supportive (or whatever those rules are, I can't remember).
The same rules could be set up in the new men's forum for women posters, if they choose to post there.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 7:21 pm

A way to quote specific parts of posts by highlighting them.

Save the witches
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Dec 2017, 1:16 pm

We don't need to list 36 genders or anything but considering this is a sensitive subject for some, I see no logical reason to make whether gender is revealed or not an OPTIONAL thing when signing up. Why does anyone NEED to know someone else's gender on an internet board discussing autism?? Does that change how your words should be viewed or something? I just don't get why it's required.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 7:38 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Make L & D into the men's forum that they've been asking for because it practically is now anyway.

The same rules could be set up in the new men's forum for women posters, if they choose to post there.

Female posters don't really want to be asked to go in there, so we don't go in there, and none of the women are mentally argumentative or want to constructively argue for the sake of arguing.

Also, I'm annoyed to see that all the Trump threads are still lurking in habitually on the topics that most people don't want to see, as its usually the same twits who post in there, it must be a fixed obsession. (Especially when opinions and ideas are NOT always divided and contemplated appropriately). Also, the same drone about where we would be without a war to thank for it.
Whoever wants war is going to get it, one way or another and innocent civilians will suffer. Seriously, it won't be fun trying to convince them to put their toy stories and action men away then.

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2017, 5:45 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
https://wrongplanet.net/autism-chat-room/

hard to find, i know. but it's there.

the chatroom isn't linked to the forums in a significant way besides name, the mods there are different than the mods here.

Thank you very much! :D

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.