Page 41 of 56 [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 56  Next

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 8:25 am

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:
It would make a nice feature to have a button to "forget" threads and remove them from that list. It might also help some people who should have every opportunity to chill out.

Yessssss this. I made the mistake of briefly participating in a "tug of war" thread, and now it never goes away.
Drives me nuts.

Lol, noob!
(takes one to know one, I made the same mistake)

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2016, 12:57 pm

Please get a better mobile app. Or at least state what it is applicable to.., for basic android phones it is a beginners nightmare.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2016, 7:48 pm

Empathy wrote:
Please get a better mobile app. Or at least state what it is applicable to.., for basic android phones it is a beginners nightmare.

Using WP on mobile is a pain, I agree. I don't know a whole lot about PHPBB, but since it's open source software it should be pretty easy to create a comprehensive mobile app for it. Reddit and 4chan both have their own open source apps.

Frisco
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2016, 2:49 pm

Would we be able to get a non-binary option for gender on our profile, and perhaps a blank option as well? I'd really like to list mine as non-binary instead of female.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2016, 4:30 pm

Editing feel like a non commercial practice to something which should have multiple functions. I managed an ad block which was successful but anything else is the same as me just using a standard Windows 10 option on a non mobile device.
Blocking Cloudfare would stop all this nonsense, I think that new upgrades have forced these changes, but hackers can always get in. People think they're doing something wrong when they're trying to post something. Just another bias module in attempt to block any progress or initiative showing the positive output from people.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 6:21 pm

A feature where you could see who posted in a thread and how many times they posted.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2016, 12:58 pm

Politics and current events are often one and the same. Take the Politics out of Politics, Philosophy and Religion and have most political threads in Current Events. This is not 100 fullproof a political topic such as Social Justice Warriors will still appear in both sections, but this will get rid of a lot of duplication.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2016, 1:15 pm

TheAP wrote:
A way to see who posted in a particular thread and how many times.

TheAP wrote:
A feature where you could see who posted in a thread and how many times they posted.

Oops. :lol:

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 4:31 am

Get some mods to step down before they break up the equilibrium for good.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 9:53 am

I think it would be cool to be able to search for posts directly quoting me.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm

I would agree that PPR and News and Current Events are an unneeded distinction and it seems like the same thing is discussed in 2-3+ places at a time when it can be 1. I would do the opposite and merge most of the politics/current event topics into PPR as a containment forum, maybe not what those that want to more religion and philosophy talk but PPR seems to be the catchall.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 10:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I would agree that PPR and News and Current Events are an unneeded distinction and it seems like the same thing is discussed in 2-3+ places at a time when it can be 1. I would do the opposite and merge most of the politics/current event topics into PPR as a containment forum, maybe not what those that want to more religion and philosophy talk but PPR seems to be the catchall.

sounds good.

alex
Developer
Developer

20 Aug 2016, 11:33 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Search "mr_bigmouth_502 wrote" in quotes

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 7:44 pm

I see the ad block filters have been increased with Windows 10. How is that going to make a difference to posters lives?

What 's the point getting rid of cloudfare if the malware is going to put users hard drives in a frenzy?

If the log in function is getting a face lift with spam controls, why does it need to affect the messaging boards?

I can see a likely outcome for why people have left.

I phones don't programme to affect the same data controls as notebooks, and in fact its the laptop that has the biggest RAM. So, give up on the filtered cookie functions, and lay off the spam defaults for a while.
But carry on with all the other good stuff !

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 9:19 pm

alex wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Search "mr_bigmouth_502 wrote" in quotes

Thanks. :)

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Aug 2016, 11:09 pm

Empathy wrote:
I see the ad block filters have been increased with Windows 10. How is that going to make a difference to posters lives?

What 's the point getting rid of cloudfare if the malware is going to put users hard drives in a frenzy?

If the log in function is getting a face lift with spam controls, why does it need to affect the messaging boards?

I can see a likely outcome for why people have left.

I phones don't programme to affect the same data controls as notebooks, and in fact its the laptop that has the biggest RAM. So, give up on the filtered cookie functions, and lay off the spam defaults for a while.
But carry on with all the other good stuff !

I don't understand anything you've written.