Page 43 of 56 [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 56  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 8:05 am

Just a suggestion to try limit spammers.

Could all new users be limited to only being able to start 1-2 threads until a certain post count is reached.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

autistichoya
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2017, 6:04 am

Just noticed this when I registered my account a little while ago, but the field "gender" is required, and only allows the options of male and female -- many autistic people identify as non-binary, agender, genderfluid, or otherwise gender non-conforming (and may also be intersex), so it would be great if the admins would at least consider adding an "other" option instead. The whole field could also be optional too instead of required. Thanks!

MickeyT2008
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2017, 8:10 pm

I'm not sure if it's just my computer but I couldn't sign up because the captcha verification wasn't displayed in either Google Chrome nor Microsoft Edge, I don't have Firefox installed. I tried signing up a few months ago too, maybe even a year ago, if I remember correctly I ran into the same problem and gave up. The only reason I'm here now is because this time it occurred to me to try using my phone's browser, that did display the captcha so I was able to complete the sign up process. I'm the sort of person who often reinstalls Windows so it's unlikely to be a configuration problem with my operating system on both occasions. I also tried disabling Adblock and also using Crome's incognito browsing mode but to no avail.

It may be worth someone else checking this out too because if it's as it appears to be to me it could be keeping potential new members of the forum away

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 7:17 pm

Bring back the spelling bee, some sociable mods and a quarantine section.

Akimb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2017, 10:31 am

I recommend to change the design of this site.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 10:54 am

Akimb wrote:
I recommend to change the design of this site.

This is probably the best first-post I've ever seen :lol:

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

03 Sep 2017, 4:52 pm

Highly recommend a Sports section in Topical Discussion.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 5:14 pm

^ Agreed. There is a 'Health, Fitness and Sports' forum, but hardly anyone goes there to discuss sport as an entertainment or from a spectating point of view.

cmr94
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2017, 2:59 pm

I think it would make things a lot easier if we were to get notifications on post on the site it self rather than getting them through email or having to keep going back to the post to check if anyone has replied.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2017, 3:08 pm

cmr94 wrote:
I think it would make things a lot easier if we were to get notifications on post on the site it self rather than getting them through email or having to keep going back to the post to check if anyone has replied.

Yep.

I'd also like a working way to go to the next new post of a topic.

cmr94
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2017, 6:09 pm

MickeyT2008 wrote:
I'm not sure if it's just my computer but I couldn't sign up because the captcha verification wasn't displayed in either Google Chrome nor Microsoft Edge, I don't have Firefox installed. I tried signing up a few months ago too, maybe even a year ago, if I remember correctly I ran into the same problem and gave up. The only reason I'm here now is because this time it occurred to me to try using my phone's browser, that did display the captcha so I was able to complete the sign up process. I'm the sort of person who often reinstalls Windows so it's unlikely to be a configuration problem with my operating system on both occasions. I also tried disabling Adblock and also using Crome's incognito browsing mode but to no avail.

It may be worth someone else checking this out too because if it's as it appears to be to me it could be keeping potential new members of the forum away

Yes, I had the same problem as well

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 7:52 pm

Okay, then. We should rename Love and Dating. Maybe Love and Dating for Marginally Misanthropic Desperate Guys, or The Politics and Philosophy of Love and Dating, or simply Troll Festival.

It's more like PPR than GAD in terms of the moderation parameters in its current form. I don't care for it, and I'd like to see a more honest name.

Maybe this is a Boiling Frog. It sure feels hot to me, but I've spent very little time there over the past three or so years until recently. People who have been there as it got more toxic may feel like the water's just fine. It ain't a safe place to discuss love and dating. It isn't even much of an Agony Column, unless you don't know what that means in which case it probably seems a lot like what Agony Column initially sounds like.

Not this Agony Column

The old bass player was a cool guy. I assume still is a cool guy.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 10:43 pm

TheAP wrote:
cmr94 wrote:

Yep.

I'd also like a working way to go to the next new post of a topic.

But we already have that, don't we?
Works on iPad, anyway.
One of the few things that works on iPad! :lol:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:24 am

Love & Dating seems to be the same old tired arguments over and over ad nauseum and I suggest that whole forum be nuked from this planet.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:37 am

Raleigh wrote:
Love & Dating seems to be the same old tired arguments over and over ad nauseum and I suggest that whole forum be nuked from this planet.

I agree.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm

Scrap the current terrible mods and bring back Hyperlexian!

I am being facetious but Hyperlexian seemed to be the reason L&D kept ticking over.

I don't really go in there much, but I quite agree that it shouldn't be a place for a gender war to be fought. I will speak to the other mods about the merits of changing approach.