Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:38 am

Joker wrote:
It's a funny world we live in. Speaking of which, do you know how I got these scars?

You hit the side a barb wire fence while illegally riding a bike on the sidewalk next to a military base?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:43 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Joker wrote:
It's a funny world we live in. Speaking of which, do you know how I got these scars?

You hit the side a barb wire fence while illegally riding a bike on the sidewalk next to a military base?

Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:44 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Joker wrote:

I was thinking it might have been a sports-related accident at the World Fingerboarding Championship

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=667XhERV5fo[/youtube]

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:51 am

ruveyn wrote:
visagrunt wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
pandabear wrote:
And, America became an obese nation.

Whose fault is that?

Nixon.

The cheap food policy that led to the overwhelming presence of corn in the food chain and the consolidation of food production and distribution into a relatively small number of corporate hands is a direct result of approached to agriculture policy undertaken by Nixon.

So long as the price of a Big Mac meal (tm) is within reach of a minimum wage worker, the United States is safe from revolution. But not heart disease.

Nonsense. No one is forced to eat excessively nor is anyone forced to eat unhealthy food. What one eats and how much one eats is an individual decision. No one is forced to eat a Big Mac.

ruveyn

Then again, unhealthy food is cheaper than healthy food......the options tend to be buy less of healthy food and still feel hungry most of the time or get whatevers cheap as often as possible.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:56 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Then again, unhealthy food is cheaper than healthy food......the options tend to be buy less of healthy food and still feel hungry most of the time or get whatevers cheap as often as possible.

What??! ! You're trying to talk about constraints and influences when it comes to choices with ruveyn?! Please, as I'm sure he'll tell you, human beings have near God-like, contra-causal free will to make decisions free of constraints or external shaping.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:58 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

What??! ! You're trying to talk about constraints and influences when it comes to choices with ruveyn?! Please, as I'm sure he'll tell you, human beings have near God-like, contra-causal free will to make decisions free of constraints or external shaping.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed. Why else would you dress up like a flying rat?

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 2:03 am

Joker wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed. Why else would you dress up like a flying rat?

It's a pretty good thing that I've wasted time reading wiki articles on the Joker, or (as a non-comic book reader) I'd be lost on these references.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Killing_Joke

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 2:16 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Joker wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

It's a pretty good thing that I've wasted time reading wiki articles on the Joker, or (as a non-comic book reader) I'd be lost on these references.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Killing_Joke

The Joker should be president he would get s**t done.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 5:46 am

Joker wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Ah, I remember that line from The Killing Joke very well.
By the way, if that's supposed to explain Herman Cain's current state of mental health (due to one bad day), I completely agree.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:22 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Actually we are Primate version 3.0 and we are no god like at all. We sh*t sitting down and after about 80 - 100 years we die and rot. Humans are the very anti-thesis of God.

We are not infinite, we are mortal and we are not Good or Just. Our only major talent is the Gift of Gab.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 2:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Ah, I remember that line from The Killing Joke very well.
By the way, if that's supposed to explain Herman Cain's current state of mental health (due to one bad day), I completely agree.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Indeed but Herman Cain is not as weird as Mitt Romney he is bizarre.