Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

Surfman wrote:
Fnord wrote:
... mythology ... superstition ... apocryphal accounts ... gullibility ... fear mongering ... delusions ... deceptions ... exploitation and ignorance ...
exploitation? deception?

Yes, that's what I posted.

Surfman wrote:
Is karma so foreign to you...

"Karma" is a Hindu concept, not a Christian one.

Surfman wrote:
... that you attack me?

Attack? I'm sorry, I thought we were doing free association, so I posted the first few concepts that came after the word "Christianity".

Surfman wrote:
You accuse me unfairly of many things because my world view is different to your world view........ shall I avoid you now Fnord? or shall we have a flame war?

Calm down, surfer boy. This thread isn't about you.

Surfman wrote:
I personally am not a lion tamer, and my chair and whip is with a friend

Non Sequitur - It does not follow. What are you referring to?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

JohnyJohn wrote:
I don't think i would do.But that does not mean that it would be unfair if those people have been killed from a massacre because they deserve it.Sometimes i think i know i am not the smartest person but at least i have enough IQ to know how to use a gun.

Not a wise thing to talk about on the internet. A permanent record is now available for authorities to track you down, in case they believe, from your statement that you might actually pose any kind of threat. You aren't saying you would do it in this post, but you aren't exactly saying you wouldn't either. Your last sentence could potentially be concern for authorities.

A topic like this gathers attention, but it potentially could provide attention, that you don't want.

A massacre is illegal, bottom line, and there are authorities that continously monitor the internet, for potential threats.

Internet activity is not necessarily anonymous for authorities that can gain legal access to internet records.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

21 Oct 2011, 8:22 pm

Hell yeah, I love massacres! There's nothing better than watching the enemy instantly fall in real-time strategy games because of sheer numerical superiority.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 8:51 pm

No, I wouldn't commit such a senseless and horrible act against innocent people.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 9:14 pm

swbluto wrote:
Hell yeah, I love massacres! There's nothing better than watching the enemy instantly fall in real-time strategy games because of sheer numerical superiority.

I used to collect PC Gamer magazines, and the CD's that went with them. When computer gaming first started in the mid 90's there was a wide variety of games to choose from. Close to the year 2000 most of the games became war games, as the technology allowed for better graphics and real time action.

There was enough stress for me at work, without coming home to engage in wars with fictional characters.

Whatever it is that one does, they feed their brain with it. If one's brain stays healthy it remains part of their psyche the rest of their life.

Not to digress to far, but I knew a Jamaican guy, who I thought was really superstitious; part of his cultural beliefs was hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. He refused to have anything other than positive things in his home. No "scary videos", books, or anything that related to the dark side of life. No joke to him either, he took it dead serious.

He must have been on to something, because I never met a more positive individual in my life. Amazing the adversities he overcame in life, smiling the whole way through.

It's interesting how cultural beliefs that may have been effect for thousands of years gain scientific respectability in modern times. The brain is a malleable entity, that we shape with all our experiences (neuroplasticity to put it in scientific terms).

The experience of killing human beings whether it is virtual reality, imagination, or the horrific results of reality, are all adrenaline producing stimuli, adding to the significance of memories that last for a lifetime.

Actual interaction makes it more intense, but even watching from a distance on a TV, has a physiological effect.

The Jamaican guy put himself on a brain diet. Scientific research now supports his method.

I'm not suggesting that enjoying these games, is going to make a killer out of anyone, but it definitely has the potential to change the way the way one sees and feels the world.

NorwichAspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Oct 2011, 5:48 am

Yes.

I can identify with people like the virginia tech institute killer and Anders Behring Breivik. I dont care if the authorities have a record either.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:31 am

aghogday wrote:
swbluto wrote:

I used to collect PC Gamer magazines, and the CD's that went with them. When computer gaming first started in the mid 90's there was a wide variety of games to choose from. Close to the year 2000 most of the games became war games, as the technology allowed for better graphics and real time action.

There was enough stress for me at work, without coming home to engage in wars with fictional characters.

Whatever it is that one does, they feed their brain with it. If one's brain stays healthy it remains part of their psyche the rest of their life.

Not to digress to far, but I knew a Jamaican guy, who I thought was really superstitious; part of his cultural beliefs was hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. He refused to have anything other than positive things in his home. No "scary videos", books, or anything that related to the dark side of life. No joke to him either, he took it dead serious.

He must have been on to something, because I never met a more positive individual in my life. Amazing the adversities he overcame in life, smiling the whole way through.

It's interesting how cultural beliefs that may have been effect for thousands of years gain scientific respectability in modern times. The brain is a malleable entity, that we shape with all our experiences (neuroplasticity to put it in scientific terms).

The experience of killing human beings whether it is virtual reality, imagination, or the horrific results of reality, are all adrenaline producing stimuli, adding to the significance of memories that last for a lifetime.

Actual interaction makes it more intense, but even watching from a distance on a TV, has a physiological effect.

The Jamaican guy put himself on a brain diet. Scientific research now supports his method.

I'm not suggesting that enjoying these games, is going to make a killer out of anyone, but it definitely has the potential to change the way the way one sees and feels the world.

Your not just a pretty face? :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAQrsA3m8Bg[/youtube]

I guess realistically in todays world, we still need a small warrior class like the Sikh, for defence and policing.
Usually the military is too big, too expansionist in policy and like a gang of goons they often/usually do a businessman's bidding

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

NorwichAspie wrote:
Yes.

I can identify with people like the virginia tech institute killer and Anders Behring Breivik. I dont care if the authorities have a record either.

Killing off ones NT bullys, even unconsciously like Brevik, is the most extreme example of aspies holding on to rage at their oppressors.

Killers that actually do massacre, fit a profile that is usually mirrored in a fairly wide group of young men. From a policing point of view, many young men could have the potential to go off the handle and lose it totally with a gun.

We have very little gun crime in NZ. Handgun ownership is so small. Most shootings are hunters accidentally shooting their hunting mate in the forests, or peeps accidentally shooting themselves while hunting. A woman was shot 3 months ago while brushing her teeth at night while camping...spotlighters saw the glowing eyes and shot immediately...

NZ has had one massacre or two maybe, very small, most was 12?.

Its your educational institutions in the states that seem to have that all going on.

You guys are one pumped up bunch of mother f*****s. Lets go!

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

Once I make up my mind that I hate someone, it's probably going to stay that way for the rest of my life. I still have grudes against people who slighted me in preschool. Forgiveness is just not a part of my voculabary. I do plan to get back at my childhood bullies and tourmenters but by making something of myself and rubbing my sucess in their faces. I sometimes have fantasies about going on a rampage and killing them but I think that would be impossible to do in real life. They probably live in other states and countries and I don't even really remember most of their names anymore. What good is killing someone going to do anyway? I personaly look forward to death and I would not want to grant someone who torumented me that reward; but if I had to kill someone in self defense I don't think I would fell any remorse yet I still can't forgive myself for accidently stepping on insects. I just have no love for people.

I think I could however be one of those extremist animal rights activists who blows up labs and stuff but I personaly think it would be better to just go to the source and assisinate the animal's tourmenter one by one. Those bastards have a one way ticket to Hell anyway. Most of my bullies have probably repented by now anyway but most of these scientists are still tourturing poor, innocent animals becuase they are under the delision that it is going to help some person someday. Why are people so special? And why do they have the right to tourture another living thing becuase it might help someone some day? That's the same mindset the Nazis had.