Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2011, 12:14 pm

hey great news everyone. Mists of the Pandaria is announced. At least boring cata is comign ot an end. The level, cap will be 90 with an brand new continent. Panda like creature will be playable for both Alliance and Horde and the Monk will be an new class. I think i will quit my hiatus soon same if i dont expect it before end of 2012. Maybe at patch 4.3 or near there. On an anoither note if any players want to form an team with me i'm an 85 rogue on Alleria server. With a part of PvP stuff and want to equip myself for PvE. Hope this expansion will be cool to play. I just like the zones in Cata

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2011, 12:57 pm

i dont think this announcement is "great" news, simplification of the talent trees, pokémon battles, valor points from quests/dailies and not to forget the expansion is based on a JOKE race! I think they`re catering to the eastern public and kiddies.

The player base shrunk with Cata and i wouldnt be suprised if it followed the same trend with MoP.

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

Basagu wrote:
i dont think this announcement is "great" news, simplification of the talent trees, pokémon battles, valor points from quests/dailies and not to forget the expansion is based on a JOKE race! I think they`re catering to the eastern public and kiddies.

The player base shrunk with Cata and i wouldnt be suprised if it followed the same trend with MoP.

Joke race? there just no information on it yet..i hate when compagnies take kiddy way that sucks. lets wait and play it before judge it

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

J-P wrote:
Basagu wrote:

Joke race? there just no information on it yet..i hate when compagnies take kiddy way that sucks. lets wait and play it before judge it

No information on it yet? you played WC3? They made Pandaren as a easter-egg/joke. And making WoW more kiddie is a bad thing.

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

Basagu wrote:
J-P wrote:
Basagu wrote:

No information on it yet? you played WC3? They made Pandaren as a easter-egg/joke. And making WoW more kiddie is a bad thing.

I do not play it much. Yeah WoW must be for adult and more violent like in WOTLK

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

J-P wrote:
Basagu wrote:
J-P wrote:
Basagu wrote:

I do not play it much. Yeah WoW must be for adult and more violent like in WOTLK

Nah i think the Cata expansion was the most violent. It doesnt need to be more violent, but less violence is bad considering the content (raids, dungeons, etc)

I never said WoW should be for adults lol... And WoW is rated PEGI 12 after all.

lazuruswolf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Oct 2011, 4:24 pm

I am personally not bothered it's another expansion all these people who go on and on about "the good old days" Please get over yourselves have some dignity and leave the game quietly and it also means you have some self respect. I like to see WoW evolving and frankly to me I will reserve my judgement till it is out which is probably some way off yet.

It would seem there is some kind of mass hysteria that has kicked off over this and people don't seem to be rational and look at the changed and the expansion with a level head on their shoulders do they heck!

So what they do instead is come on here and the forums and slate Blizzard for excuse the word so called pandering to the newer players and not the old hands. The world outside your door changes every single hour of the day yet your all hell bent on trying to tell a multi billion corporation how to make it's games. I can understand we as players have an influence over things to some degree but we also as the end users of WoW have to accept that Blizzard is the over all owner of the game and they ultimately decide where the game's direction will go you cannot please every single person all of the time and if anything that would be impossible.

I also know there are a lot of lore lovers who feel this a bad move I do agree up to a point but I also accept that it is not always easy as it may seem to stay strictly in the lore as this would make it a lot harder to add new content we also have at least a year for this to be fleshed out as well and I think way way to many people are overacting to this news. I am not I am giving this the benefit of the doubt and will want to see more information on this before I even consider packing in WoW because I have invested too much time and effort and if not money into this game to just quit because of a few Pandas I am going to be rational and wait and see what happens in the next 12 months. That's all I have to say and apologies if this was a long post.

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

lazuruswolf wrote:
I am personally not bothered it's another expansion all these people who go on and on about "the good old days" Please get over yourselves have some dignity and leave the game quietly and it also means you have some self respect. I like to see WoW evolving and frankly to me I will reserve my judgement till it is out which is probably some way off yet.

It would seem there is some kind of mass hysteria that has kicked off over this and people don't seem to be rational and look at the changed and the expansion with a level head on their shoulders do they heck!

So what they do instead is come on here and the forums and slate Blizzard for excuse the word so called pandering to the newer players and not the old hands. The world outside your door changes every single hour of the day yet your all hell bent on trying to tell a multi billion corporation how to make it's games. I can understand we as players have an influence over things to some degree but we also as the end users of WoW have to accept that Blizzard is the over all owner of the game and they ultimately decide where the game's direction will go you cannot please every single person all of the time and if anything that would be impossible.

I also know there are a lot of lore lovers who feel this a bad move I do agree up to a point but I also accept that it is not always easy as it may seem to stay strictly in the lore as this would make it a lot harder to add new content we also have at least a year for this to be fleshed out as well and I think way way to many people are overacting to this news. I am not I am giving this the benefit of the doubt and will want to see more information on this before I even consider packing in WoW because I have invested too much time and effort and if not money into this game to just quit because of a few Pandas I am going to be rational and wait and see what happens in the next 12 months. That's all I have to say and apologies if this was a long post.

I personally wait for this. At least pandaran can have an lore...after this seclusion on they isle.

Kenn_San
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Oct 2011, 2:01 pm

I actually am looking forward to this. Since starting WoW due to taking an interest in my partners playing, I've not really been all totally into it. Got up to level 60 due to the fact I got an EXP boost that was 3x for a couple of months and didn't want to waste that, but I've barely played it since - I've just forked out for a 6 month or a year sub (I can't remember which) probably been at least a month and used it for less than an hour.

Although seeing this I'm really excited about it. I'm sorry Basagu but I definitely have to disagree with you. Fantasy worlds are generally dark and gritty, although taking inspiration from the east things are a lot more vibrant. The new race is simply like Tauren except using an eastern animal. Plus using a monk is fitting in with the whole oriental theme - but I can't help but think that there's a little Kung-Fu Panda inspiration here :P

Quite frankly I can't wait for it! Unfortunately I'm assuming I'm going to need to buy all the expansion packs up to now to use it, FML. I've only got the first expansion as I got it for free.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 10:09 pm

another expansion already i feel like cata was just released. are they ruining warriors still? i avoid the site like the plague i was addicted to this game, and it sucked out more then my time.

i feel sorry to any that are still addicted. still i want to see the new race's dance style worgen finally gave the allies a interesting looking dance. the rest of the ally races don't have a cool dance.

horde had plenty of interesting dances.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Oct 2011, 1:12 am

Here's the trailer in case you missed it...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEgk9XsFCR0[/youtube]

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2011, 7:59 am

Pandaren exist much before Kung Fu Panda...since WC1 i think or maybe WC3. And yes monk fit well withh oriental theme

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2011, 10:08 am

kxmode wrote:

Its a fake trailer lol!

heres the real one:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdywKd3MsYw[/youtube]

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2011, 10:24 am

Basagu wrote:
kxmode wrote:

Its a fake trailer lol!

heres the real one:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdywKd3MsYw[/youtube]

Very funny :D