Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

GanjaFiend
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2011, 12:20 am

Found out about 2 months ago I have Aspergers. I'm still trying to accept it. I'm 43 years old and always been eccentric. Heard something on the radio about Aspergers and Googled it (chuckling at the name, of course). I was in shock and still am. The pieces of the puzzle that was my life fell into place. I've taken the online tests a few times (averaged about 175/200 on one, 42 out of 50 on another, etc.) Same story told hundreds of times before me. Rather than get too longwinded about it (a therapist said that about me, yet didn't catch the signs). Misdiagnosed, mis-prescribed, and now clean of all the pills they tried to poison me with. I'd type more but my android is frustrating me and i don't want to meltdown and throw it against the wall. That's how I lost my blackberry. :-(

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 7:28 am

I know how you feel I am 47 and found out last year why I have had the difficulties I have had over the years-and I have been called that "R" word before-I havent had any treatments or therapie and thats becausse I can't find any-the one I called that takes my insurance never called me back. No one wants to help when you say that "A" word.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 12:33 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

GanjaFiend
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2011, 1:49 pm

Thanks for the replies. Its nice to know I'm not alone. :-)

I just received my usual iTunes email today and a surprise inside...the iTunes Yale University Autism Seminar was just put up! More than 16 hours of lectures and presentations. I just watched the first one and I'm hooked! I'm downloading a few more to watch today. They're free and there are audio and video versions. I like the videos because of the powerpoints in it.

Amazing how the puzzle pieces keep falling into place. Why try to find a psych doc when I have the ones who wrote the books lecturing it! Getting the knowledge fresh from the source. :-)

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Oct 2011, 2:18 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm

Welkome to WP!

Mick :)