Vitamin D Council announces free clinic to treat vitamin D d

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jojoba
Toucan
Toucan

24 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

Saw this on Dr. Cannell's vitamin D3 sight. Thought to post the link in case it could be of help to someone.

"Vitamin D Council announces free clinic to treat vitamin D deficiency in children with autism"

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f54 ... d37488c337

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 9:14 am

thank you for that, Jojoba. whatever helps.:)

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 9:53 am

Jojoba wrote:
Saw this on Dr. Cannell's vitamin D3 sight. Thought to post the link in case it could be of help to someone.

"Vitamin D Council announces free clinic to treat vitamin D deficiency in children with autism"

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f54 ... d37488c337
This is great, Jojoba. :)

I have a vit D deficiency and I'm taking RX vit D twice a week. I've also been trying to get out in the Sun more. It does make a difference.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 10:12 pm

some points to ponder- vitamin D is fat-soluble meaning it accumulates in the fatty tissue of the body and is not readily excreted. this means that the levels can build up over time to the point of overdose, if one takes much above the recommended 600 i.u. per day, or roughly 5 mcg. daily. so for this reason, a doctor's visit and complete physical vetting process should be taken before vitamin D supplementation begins.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 8:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
some points to ponder- vitamin D is fat-soluble meaning it accumulates in the fatty tissue of the body and is not readily excreted. this means that the levels can build up over time to the point of overdose, if one takes much above the recommended 600 i.u. per day, or roughly 5 mcg. daily. so for this reason, a doctor's visit and complete physical vetting process should be taken before vitamin D supplementation begins.
Those are very good points, AuntBlabby. My doctor had blood work done when I went in for my physical check up.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.