Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

300series
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 4:40 pm

I had a similar experience that I wanted to share on here.

I have always liked cars, and I had always wanted to join a car club. Back in 2014, I found a car club for the kind of car that I drive, so I signed up with the club. They met at a local restaurant just down the street from my apartment that I lived in at the time. The first few times I went to their meetings, I really had a great time, and it was a lot of fun for me. Later that year, my work schedule changed, and I could not go to their meetings any more. I did not go to the club at all in 2015 & the first few months of 2016. I was feeling very disappointed about not being able to go to the club.

When my work schedule changed again, I was able to return to the car club. At first, I was really excited to be back in the club again; but unfortunately, it was just not the same any more. No one was really mean or hostile to me; they all just ignored me. I felt alone being there in a big group of people uninterested in me or my car. I was very uncomfortable being there with a big group of strangers, eating dinner with them at a restaurant. The only thing I did there was just eat my dinner, and it was extremely difficult for me to participate. It is hard for me to start conversations or ask questions with other people, especially strangers. No one there ever talked to me, and none of the members were interested in me or my car at all. I only knew 2 of the members' names; one of them was a friend of my Dad, and the other member was someone I recognised from his You Tube videos.

The last meeting I went to was back in January of 2017, and after that, I just stopped showing up at the club; I never said goodbye to any one or told them that I was leaving. I do not know why I kept going for 9 months, or why I even bothered to return at all. I highly doubt that any of the members miss me, if they even remember me at all. I have not heard anything from any one in the car club at all.

It was just not worth it, and I was not getting anything out of it. I have been so much happier since I left the club.