What are the VERY BEST places to meet girls?

Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2011, 1:20 am

obviously clubs / parties are a good place to meet girls, but i dont think i'll see the results i want to see with this scene.

other ideas i had include:

-grocery store
-library
-bookstore
-video game stores
-random restaurants (although i think flirting with waitresses would be super hard // unpractical)
-stores
-the mall

any other places you guys can think of?

i really wanna go out and try to meet people, and work on my social skills with girls, but i really dont know where to start! i've been working on talking to girls in general, and i really feel like that is helping me a lot with not being so nervous around girls (and people, too). practice makes perfect right? i just wish my 'practice' actually yielded me some results, like finding a nerdy girl that im interested in XD.

honestly maybe i just need to start walking aimlessly walking around the mall on my days off XD

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2011, 2:04 am

Church maybe? Perhaps a support group?

I'm not even in a position to practice talking to the ladies..I try not to dwell on it

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 2:19 am

The gym, or any physical activity club.

I made successful acquaintances with several girls there.

It's better than all the places you mentioned because it's natural to talk with the person who's doing the next machine, and there would be enough time for some chi-chat.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 26 Oct 2011, 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mego
Toucan
Toucan

26 Oct 2011, 2:43 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The gym, or any physical activity club.

I made successful acquaintances with several girls there.

It's better than all the places you mentioned because it's natural to talk with the person who's doing the next machine, and there would be enough time for some chi-chat.

I agree. Because I am ridiculously shy its easier for me to meet people through running, volunteering, and other organizations. I could never randomly walk up to a stranger in a mall and start a convo...it just wouldn't be natural for me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 3:52 am

Besides most people are there hoping to become more attractive later (and some think they're currently not) and they would not be expecting to be approached there since they would be sweating , no make-up and all this s**t , so if you talk to them they would be usually very flattered.

Pheromone secretion would be high too :p.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 3:58 am

Justin Beiber concerts? :P

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Oct 2011, 4:18 am

I've met many girls and guys over the years, but only ever dated two. The first went to a church that some friends of mine went to (24 years ago); and the second was at a pagan social gathering (14 years ago... and we have been married nine years).

So religious gatherings are good, and they don't have to be common religions.

I also recommend goth clubs if you can do the style. And nudist clubs. Didn't hook up with anyone when I used to go, but always plenty of people around to meet.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 6:51 am

Dog parks, if you have one.

Nothing breaks the ice like a cute puppy. Plus, when they see you playing with your dog, they subconsciously see you as a good father (you know, assuming you're not a dick to the poor thing), which of course makes you a more attractive potential mate.

And even if there's slim pickings that day, you can still have a pretty good time. Unlike bars and clubs, which suck when there are no interesting women.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Last edited by mds_02 on 26 Oct 2011, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2011, 7:31 am

fantastic suggestions everyone :D thanks for all the help.

anyone else have any suggestions?

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 7:49 am

Well, it's not so much a matter of just meeting girls as it is finding someone who has common interests. Stalking around in a mall looks REALLY bad and you really can't get to know a person/stranger in a mall unless you LOVE to shop. Make a list of things you like to do and then join a group that does these things. Proper communication with women of like-interest is where you need to start. Forget support groups, bars, and nightclubs unless you're sick, needy and/or alcoholic or have cancer from second-hand smoke. Healthy liasons come from happy, alert people with common interests. For example, if you join an astronomy club, this club will meet to do other things as well. You'll meet people who can also introduce you to people like yourself - whether it be a relative or co-worker in search of a partner. So, don't count on ALWAYS meeting someone at an activities club. You need to network through people who share common interests with you. Join a club to have a good time or one that will hone a skill that you have. Get it around that you're out to meet a partner.
When I was young, I took up volunteering at a local retirement center. I started talking about how lonely I was. Many fo the seniors I were helping were more than happy to introduce me to their grandsons, great nephews, etc... Some of these guys were amazing!! I married one and I'm still married to him for more than 20 years now...AND GET THIS....I'm still happy!!

DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

26 Oct 2011, 8:23 am

The best place to meet women is at a gay bar, seriously.

Be friendly with the gay men in there and they will introduce you to their very hot girl mates.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 8:24 am

DeanAdamFry wrote:

Be friendly with the gay men in there and they will introduce you to their very hot girl mates.

That is a fantastic idea.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

26 Oct 2011, 8:35 am

mds_02 wrote:
DeanAdamFry wrote:

The cherry on the top is, there is no competition since all men in there are gay and most of the male population in this day and age who are straight would never go in there because of their own insecurities.

graphicidentity
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Oct 2011, 8:37 am

I'd really like to meet someone. I've signed up for a dating site but only one person has responded to me. I'm a reasonably good looking person.

To meet women I'm convinced you need a big circle of friends. People who know you well and wouldn't mind introducing you to someone. Or you just need to luck out on a dating site. My experience up until now tells me that can be hard though.

I think the important thing is not to let it get to you. Maybe devote a little time once in awhile to trying to meet that right person. But be careful not to let it interfere with the rest of your life as that's the #1 most important thing. And if you don't have that under control a good relationship isn't going to last long anyway.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 8:43 am

DeanAdamFry wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
DeanAdamFry wrote:

The cherry on the top is, there is no competition since all men in there are gay and most of the male population in this day and age who are straight would never go in there because of their own insecurities.

Lol that's brilliant!!

AnonymousPasserBy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2011, 8:52 am

I don't think work or college have been mentioned.