Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 1:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Or maybe he was trying to milk his non-existent exile history for all it was worth for political gain.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

So since your attack on Rubio making statements that weren't true has been debunked, you're now attacking him for not wasting his time trying to go after the media for hyping something.

I'm not convinced that those statements have been debunked.

If you look at the speech the Washington Post used as their evidence though, it is rather clear that Rubio did not say what Washington Post said that he said. This was pointed out by the Miami Herald, the fact this story kinda died afterward, is another good indicator that the story backfired on the Washington Post.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 2:11 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Or maybe he was trying to milk his non-existent exile history for all it was worth for political gain.

So since your attack on Rubio making statements that weren't true has been debunked, you're now attacking him for not wasting his time trying to go after the media for hyping something.

If you look at the speech the Washington Post used as their evidence though, it is rather clear that Rubio did not say what Washington Post said that he said. This was pointed out by the Miami Herald, the fact this story kinda died afterward, is another good indicator that the story backfired on the Washington Post.

It was considered to be common knowledge that Rubio was supposedly a child of Cuban exiles. I just don't buy that this is all just a mistake, or a smear campaign by those nasty liberals.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 1:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It was considered to be common knowledge that Rubio was supposedly a child of Cuban exiles. I just don't buy that this is all just a mistake, or a smear campaign by those nasty liberals.

It was a case of media hype, not a case of Rubio lieing. That would be like me blaming you for someone misquoting you for what you supposedly said, when in fact you didn't say that to begin with. Would it be fair for me to blame you about that, no, it wouldn't. So stop blaming Rubio for the media's idiocy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 3:31 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It was a case of media hype, not a case of Rubio lieing. That would be like me blaming you for someone misquoting you for what you supposedly said, when in fact you didn't say that to begin with. Would it be fair for me to blame you about that, no, it wouldn't. So stop blaming Rubio for the media's idiocy.

But there's a huge difference between me posting something just on WP as a private citizen, when compared to Rubio, a public elected official, allegedly being misquoted by more than one news outlet. I believe it's his responsibility - as well as in his best interest - to immediately correct said error.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 4:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

But there's a huge difference between me posting something just on WP as a private citizen, when compared to Rubio, a public elected official, allegedly being misquoted by more than one news outlet. I believe it's his responsibility - as well as in his best interest - to immediately correct said error.

Isn't his job to read through bills in congress, and represent his constituents? His job isn't media fact checker, his job is to make sure he represents his constituents. Now if the mainstream media wants to pay him to be their fact checker after he gets out of office, that's another issue entirely.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 5:48 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Isn't his job to read through bills in congress, and represent his constituents? His job isn't media fact checker, his job is to make sure he represents his constituents. Now if the mainstream media wants to pay him to be their fact checker after he gets out of office, that's another issue entirely.

That's what his staff is for.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 6:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Then why are we electing people if their staffs are supposed to be the ones representing us?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 7:38 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Then why are we electing people if their staffs are supposed to be the ones representing us?

No, I meant that staffs are supposed to head off something that's untrue.
And by the way, I saw on Chris Mathews today how Rubio's senate biography had until recently claimed he was the son of Cuban exiles having fled from Castro. That has only changed since this story broke.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 12:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And by the way, I saw on Chris Mathews today how Rubio's senate biography had until recently claimed he was the son of Cuban exiles having fled from Castro. That has only changed since this story broke.

Obviously some of Rubio's staff needs to be fired, or the senate research staff are a bunch of morons, seriously do you think he's even read his senate bio, he's probably going cross-eyed from all the legislation he has to read through on a daily basis.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 1:03 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Obviously some of Rubio's staff needs to be fired, or the senate research staff are a bunch of morons, seriously do you think he's even read his senate bio, he's probably going cross-eyed from all the legislation he has to read through on a daily basis.

I personally would think he'd know what was in his bio. If it was actually incorrect, then yes, his staff out to be fired. The fact that he hasn't, though, is a tad bit suspicious.