Page 19 of 23 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 4:59 am

Senator Joseph Paine and James Taylor (Mr. Smith Goes to Washington)

Maria Hill (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2)

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 3:26 pm

Can we talk about characters from books we don't like? (Sorry if this is answered earlier, I didn't read the entire thread)

If so, my most hated character is Celaena Sardothian from Sarah J. Maas' "Throne of Glass." She is the definition of a Mary Sue. She's completely obsessed with herself and how "awesome" she is, and she'll remind you of that through the whole book. She'll tell you about all the awesome things she's capable of doing, but very rarely will she actually do them. When she actually does do anything, she usually fails at it and makes excuses as to why it's not her fault. I mean, she's supposed to be the most feared assassin in the world, and yet when someone trips her during a training spar she accuses him of cheating. The worst part is, against all reason the entire world pretty much bends over backwards to accommodate her vanity. Everyone is in awe of her, despite how she never does anything, two handsome men immediately fall in love with her, and the only people who don't like her are, of course, evil people who eat puppies and orphan meat.

jfc_csc
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2016, 11:23 am

Vince Stone from "The Big Heat." He burned a woman's hand with a cigar, then threw hot coffee in his girlfriend's face. 8O

I_Heart_Unicorns
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2016, 1:55 pm

Luke Skywalker - very whiny.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 3:11 pm

I_Heart_Unicorns wrote:
Luke Skywalker - very whiny.

I think that's part of the point. He starts off as an annoying, whiny kid, but then becomes a badass Jedi master over time. Of course, he's nowhere near being my favorite Star Wars character; that honor goes to Kyle Katarn from the Dark Forces games. :D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 6:09 pm

Negan, from The Walking Dead. The guy is seemingly devoid of any redeeming qualities. I even liked the Governor in comparison to him! This guy is a sadistic psychopath on an ego trip, where everything belongs to him, personally, and who has absolute power of life and death over everyone within his zone of control; a power he exercises with delight. I sincerely want him to die horribly.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 2:26 am

well i dislike any actors who try to portray sherlock holmes after the actor "Jeremy Brett " nailed it perfectly in the granada BBC series.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 5:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Negan, from The Walking Dead. The guy is seemingly devoid of any redeeming qualities. I even liked the Governor in comparison to him! This guy is a sadistic psychopath on an ego trip, where everything belongs to him, personally, and who has absolute power of life and death over everyone within his zone of control; a power he exercises with delight. I sincerely want him to die horribly.

I agree with every word you said.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 6:31 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I agree with every word you said.

Danke. 8)

MissBraniac92
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2016, 4:39 pm

Okay... here we go...

Angelica from Rugrats... I always found her very irritating and extremely annoying when I was a kid but she did mellow out considerably in the spinoff series.

I did not like Pterano from the 7th Land Before Time movie. He was a power-hungry scumbag that was so obsessed with power that he would even risk having people killed just to be leader. I felt he was a very bad influence on Petrie. I also didn't like the bullies from the 3rd Land Before Time movie because they picked on Littlefoot and his friends. I also hated Rhett from the T.V. series. So annoying.

I also didn't like Mandark from Dexter's Lab. He was just so awful and an egomaniac.

I hated Eustice from Courage the Cowardly Dog and how mean he was to Courage and how horribly he treated Muriel.

I hate Jasper from Steven Universe and I don't have much reason to care for her.

I really hate Mr. Krabs from Spongebob and he's just so obsessed with money and doesn't care about Pearl. It really hurts me how he ignores his daughter and it hits a bit of a nerve because I consider myself a daddy's girl.

I hate Gantu and Dr. Hamsterveil from Lilo & Stitch. Dr. Hamsterveil is a scumbag that is trying to use the experiments for his own selfish gain and Gantu's a mean idiot.

Also I really, really hated Jeremy from UnReal and I do not understand Lifetime's obsession with this character at all. He has zero to no redeeming qualities and he nearly raped Rachel. There's no coming back from that. Also I liked Coleman until he turned into a real scumbag just so Rachel can remain tied to the hip with Quinn. Ewww... I hope to God they aren't going to make Rachel/Jeremy the E.J. DiMera/Sami Brady of the show. Just no.

I also hated Kathy Stabler from Law & Order: SVU because I felt she got in the way of Elliot & Olivia becoming a couple. Funny, now there's another person I hate much more than her... Kim Rollins. Seriously, she tried to frame Amanda for murdering her boyfriend and she also killed a guy. She's also a very manipulative, cunning sociopath, (one of the truest sociopaths I've ever seen on T.V., not the actual psuedo-sociopaths I've come across before), and now the writers are trying to make viewers feel sympathy for her by claiming that she has bipolar disorder. I mean, really?! When Kim was telling the parole board that she claims to "have found God", (we've all heard that one before, right fellas?), I figured she was pulling an angle. I also hated their mother because she was always siding with Kim and was trying to have the two women get along.

I also hated Falcon from Stuart Little 2.

Also there are some characters from Days Of Our Lives I really, really hated... for example...

Dr. Daniel Jonas - one of the absolute worst characters I've seen in my entire life. My God, they literally made him like a Gary Stu and be the be all and end all of Salem. No joke; everybody in Salem kissed the ground they walked on and the writers tended to demonize those that hated him. I thought it would all be over when he finally got killed off but no... Brady ended up getting his heart and he became the next Daniel. Ugh.... now I'm almost wishing they never killed him off... seriously....

And also... Brady Black is one of the absolute worst male characters to date, if not the worst. He's selfish, he's extremely dumb, he's extremely immature, he's too kind-hearted to the point where he's easily manipulated by beautiful but devious women and he's just gullible. He was just so flipping annoying and even when Theresa was at her worst he went too far in his behavior with her and he often very nearly crossed the line into domestic abuse. Sometimes I was half-scared witless CPS was going to knock down on the mansion doors because of their son.

I thought he was going to change too along with Theresa when she started mellowing down considerably but nope the Summer story proved me wrong. And the writers have this annoying habit of killing off virtually all of his love interests. Honestly Brady is beyond useless and part of me wishes he died if this was the direction the writers were going to take him to. My God... I tried... I tried to like him for Theresa's sake because I liked them together a lot and I wanted her to be happy with him and Tate... but of course the writers want everyone to be miserable. Maybe I can still redeem him in my headcanon and write Thrady the way it should've been but canon-wise... I'm done. He needs to die by fire and Tater Tot needs to go live with his mom's family and Nicole needs to get her own kid, not raise another woman's child, even if I could stomach her more as a potential stepmom figure than I ever could with Melanie. Ugh....

Dario is a useless waste of space and I got the impression online that he wasn't exactly a hit during his last stint but I don't understand why he was brought back at all. I get why he had issues with Eduardo but looking back now he should've cut his dad a break.

Also Melanie Jonas was awful, so awful. I think she was one of the most hated female characters in the show's history and I could see why. Her dumb tics, her tendency to act immature and like a child and the way the show tried to make her a romantic leading lady... and that awful pairing with her and Brady... There isn't enough bleach in the world for me to wipe out that memory. And she even supplanted Theresa in her own story just so the writers can make her the hero. Not cool!

I also hated Maggie and Jennifer because of how over-the-top they were obsessed with Daniel and how much of judgmental shrews they truly were.

And oh my God... I hated, hated, hated Abigail Devereaux.... If they tried to make her a likable heroine, they failed on every level. Her affair with E.J. DiMera severely damaged her as a character and I hated how Jen tried to baby her and basically paint E.J. as the bad guy! And Abby didn't suffer any consequences at all. And I also hated her in the Abby/Ben/Chad saga and how she cheated on Ben with Chad. And the worst part was that she just acted two-faced and was shamelessly playing the both of them.

No wonder Ben snapped, but not that it's a valid excuse for what he did. She just acted so sanctimonious and judgmental in general and I would always get a kick out of Theresa putting her in her place. She even broke a window in the town square and she got off without any legal penalty! J.J. did the same thing and he was vilified and everyone treated him like a bad seed. It always bugged me so much how Abby was put on a pedestal by the writers like she could do no wrong and J.J. always got the shaft. To this day I never liked her. Chad deserves so much better than her. And honestly, Chabby is so overrated.

But the absolute worst characters are Summer and Lani. Lani was just there and her actor sucked. The worst part was that the show kept on cutting her scenes and she was actually going to be a legitimate interloper that was gonna try to come between Shawn and Belle. But instead she turned into a real creepy stalker and that was an excuse to just throw Shawn and Belle back together without feeling that it was truly earned. If they were truly a great couple like a lot of people claimed they were, I didn't see it.

But as for Summer.... wow... Summer was the one that pretty much destroyed Thrady as a couple. Not only that but she destroyed Maggie and Mickey's beloved love story by turning Maggie into a dishonest liar and basically trying to shoe-horn her into her history. It's funny how a year ago I hated Maggie but this story quickly drove me over to her side. It's amazing how a storyline can make you change your opinion on a character.

Nothing about Summer made any sense. To make matters worse she was a whiny and annoying little twat that just drove me nuts and I didn't even care when Theresa had to revert back into you know what mode just to get her out of her and Brady's life. I mean, she was THAT bad. I would've given Theresa a medal just for murdering her. Her companion was also really awful and his story arch was one of the briefest I've ever seen. I mean, he died very quickly within a week! Added nothing to the story.

I can go on and on all day but I want to keep it brief.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 6:07 pm

I would be hard pressed to find a show or character in any of today's programming that I like. Most of it is so disgusting. The commercials are even worse. Everything is sex or the bathroom. All of those ads seem to come on when I'm eating, too. It about makes me lose my appetite.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2016, 11:32 pm

Bun wrote:
... Hazel Grace and Augustus aren't that great.

Awwe I love Aguzel I think they're awesome

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Dec 2016, 4:03 pm

khaos wrote:
Draka wrote:
Steel from Balto, William Riker from Star Trek, the general with the scars from Avatar, Black Star from Soul Eater, that girl who replaced Megan Fox in the Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Cartman from South Park, Delores Umbridge from Harry Potter, basically any close-minded, egotistical, bossy/bullying character or ditzy, completely helpless female character.

Definitely hate Umbridge. I hated her more than Voldermort.

I agree. What actually caused me to reach that conclusion was that at least Voldermort only KILLED his enemies at worst, whereas Umbridge liked to use Dementors on her foes.

As for characters that I hate:

Peter Pan (I find him to be rude and arrogant and sometimes a downright bully.)
Charles B. Barkem (or whatever it was) from All Dogs Go to Heaven
Zazu from the Lion King (I find him to be a kiss-ass. I mean, he seemed to be loyal to every regime he served under, and appeared to be the only one happy with Scar, or happy enough. He seems to go along with whatever the King says, no matter how demeaning (the pouncing thing for Mufasa), singing songs for Scar, and I don't think things changed in Lion King II either.
Darth Sidious from Star Wars is one of my favorite villains. That said, I still am angry with him for what he did to Anakin, how he convinced him that he had to go Dark Side to save Padme, ended up causing the thing Anakin feared would happen to happen, then lied to Anakin and told him that Anakin himself had killed Padme in his anger, then, while Anakin/Vader goes "NOOOOOOOOO!" and smashes stuff, you can see Sidious grin this nasty grin. That moment, where he was grinning like that, was where I hated him the most in the entire saga.
Venom/Eddie Brock from Spiderman 3: Unlike Doc Ock, Green Goblin (who was kinda under the influence of the stuff he injected into himself, and also didn't want his son to know what he'd become, showing some regret), and Sandman, Eddie Brock was just this arrogant jerk (though the one moment I do pity him is where Blacksuit Spidey smashes his camera) throughout, deserved what he got when he got fired, and then got the Venom Suit. And unlike the other guys, who couldn't quite get rid of the stuff that ailed them or transformed them, when Peter tries to get Eddie/Venom to snap out of it, Venom says "I like being bad. It makes me happy." and also Venom killed Harry.

Also, while on the note of Spiderman, J. Jonah Jameson is a jerk too. Pays Peter too little so that he can basically slander Spidey (who IS Peter) every day.

I agree, I find James Potter to be a jerk and has few redeemable qualities, other than standing up to Voldermort at the end. Sirius had issues too, but at least he has the excuse of having a poor home life.

I also don't like Rita Skeeter or Umbridge. I also find both Voldemort and his whole family (mother, father, uncle, and grandparents) to be pretty nasty. His mother was the least nasty, but her selfishness in how she got Tom Riddle Sr. to fall in love with her, and then her not keeping herself around to take care of her son is, in part, what LED to Voldermort becoming Voldemort. Also, his daughter Delphi SHOULD NOT HAVE EVEN EXISTED!! !!

I also don't like Percy Weasley, Mariel Weasley, Barty Crouch, Ludo Bagman, or Fleur Delecour either.

I don't like Wild Arms, the Old One, or Dana and Dinah from the Land Before Time.

I also despise the Captain from The Faun's Labyrinth (He murdered that little girl!! !)

Also, back to Star Wars again, I'm not too fond of Obi-wan either. I find him to be too deceptive.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2016, 3:28 pm

Every single character on that awful show, king of the hill...I always turn that off really quick when it comes on. Perhaps I will be back with some more specific ones.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 4:32 am

i don't like ellen degeneres.
every time her show comes on at 12 midday, all you hear for the first few minutes is the shrill screams of adoring fans (i wonder whether it is dubbed).

she has no dancing skill at all, but she does some hip swinging dance to whatever song she chooses for the day's show, and she walks among the audience which are in awe of her.

why? it's probably because she is a lesbian and therefore nothing but approval is socially acceptable.

anyway, even if it is on the TV in my bedroom and i am in the office, i can still hear this white noise of shrieking manic approval.

i must find the remote rapidly and stop it no matter what TV it is on.

another group of people i dislike are the fat unshaven people in shows like "alaskan gold miners" or "deadliest catch" or "abalone wars" etc.

every time one of those shows comes on, there is a flurry of "bleeps" due to their inability to refrain from foul language, and even when i am in a different room where i can not hear their voices, all i hear is bleeps every few seconds. idiots.

they are also greedy and do not care about life.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 5:46 pm

MissBraniac92 wrote:
I hate Jasper from Steven Universe and I don't have much reason to care for her.

her "fusion is just a cheap tactic used to make weak gems stronger" line is extremely spoof-able.

besides that, i've not seen anything else i like in her.

i've also only seen the pilot and the smoky quartz/sardonyx episode. take that as you will.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.