Page 1 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Mariouch
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Oct 2011, 7:55 pm

Hello,

I recently stumbled upon some internet phenomenon about a 29 year old man named Christian Weston Chandler who I believe is the epitome of (It pains me to say it) "autistic loser" mostly due to his reactions to people cyber-bulling him, rooting from his "Sonichu" comics. I feel really bad for him as he has received nothing but hate and ridicule, and probably little to no guidance on how to live as a civilized man. I just wanted to post this on Wrong Planet, so that we all can pass this along to build awareness of the issue, and ultimately help him out of the pit he's unintentionally digging himself into. People claim he's a disgrace to the autistic community, I claim he's a sad result of demoralization and isolation.

This is the most informative website I could find about him, albeit a wiki used to mock him in every way possible:
http://www.sonichu.com/cwcki/Christian_Weston_Chandler

The link above directs you to the main page about him. Everything else about his antics, ridicule, and such can be found by traversing the website. I must warn you all, however, that the content on the website may be disturbing to some people, so please be wary about clicking the above link.

Thank you.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 8:07 pm

Oh, I've heard about this guy for years. To be honest with you, he does deserve some of the flak he gets.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 8:12 pm

I just knew Chris Chan would be mentioned the moment I read the thread title, here's the ED article on him, far better read (obvious NSFW):

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Chris_chan

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 8:25 pm

Mention this guy to an NT friend, they recommend Asperchu

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 8:33 pm

Tequila wrote:
Oh, I've heard about this guy for years. To be honest with you, he does deserve some of the flak he gets.

Agreed

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 10:29 pm

I can see why people give him a hard time.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 12:39 am

Okay, I may get my chops busted on this subject. But yes, I have known about him for quite some time as well and I have even communicated with him privately. Part of the problem in people wanting to help him is the fact that he has a deep-rooted hatred towards people with Asperger Syndrome. He feels people with Aspergers are fakers who are engaged in a conspiracy to steal the limelight away from people with true Autism.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 1:45 am

Silver_Meteor wrote:
Okay, I may get my chops busted on this subject. But yes, I have known about him for quite some time as well and I have even communicated with him privately. Part of the problem in people wanting to help him is the fact that he has a deep-rooted hatred towards people with Asperger Syndrome. He feels people with Aspergers are fakers who are engaged in a conspiracy to steal the limelight away from people with true Autism.

lolwut? In that case, screw him if he's not going to appreciate help lol.

Meh, it's his attitude, not being Autistic that made him a target. As an HFA, I've made a lot of stupid mistakes but at least I took effort to learn from them and improve on myself. Chris Chan almost acts like he wants the attention from the trolls by falling for the same pitfalls over and over again as he refuses to learn from his mistakes. You can't really help someone like that.

KingLes98
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2011, 3:37 am

I feel like Chris-chan sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if I'm exactly like him.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 3:42 am

I think very few people here will feel bad for Chris Chan.

I think he just likes the attention and some people do continue the behavior for the attention. he continues posting videos online and that is asking for attention so I think he likes it so he keeps on doing it. I just ignore him. I also know he has an impersonator and some people repost his videos on youtube.

Plus he gives autistic people a bad name. I don't like his attitude about Asperger's either and I can't stand people with that attitude.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 5:31 am

Is he still posting videos on line?

If so, would destroying his computer and barring him from the internet be morally justified, for his own sake?

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:25 am

Angel_ryan wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Agreed

Two wrongs make a right. Thankyou gentlemen for your comments. Please wise up to what you're really saying and accept that they were terrible, terrible things. A plainly because I say so justification

To be honest those people who have had a go at christian weston chandler and have been named are far from stellar examples of humanity themselves. It's a case of people on the penultimate rung of society abusing those on the rung below.

I know christian weston chandler is and has been proven to be racist, homophobic, sexist and perverse, but at least he shouldn't have his NT equivalents and an 'aspergian' with severe delusions of self-righteousness harping on him all the time, and at most he should just be ignored and left to his own disturbing devices.

The man constitutes about as much harm to the earth as a solitary male botfly to a herd of cattle. If anything, whenever he does something bad he is doing the world a service by showing exactly how much of a nobody who brings it upon yourself you are when you do the same bad things as him.

One also feels that dealing with trolls one is doing the world a service, no matter who you are saving in the process. If the person is a jerk you can just deal with him the same way as the trolls, judiciously.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:26 am

Magneto wrote:
Is he still posting videos on line?

If so, would destroying his computer and barring him from the internet be morally justified, for his own sake?

Sadly it's covered by freedom of speech. We must allow CWC to make a complete fool of himself online. I am sure we are all saddened to hear this. Personally I just ignore him, or laugh at his insanity whenever he produces it. As for trolling? Oh no, I don't troll.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:37 am

League_Girl wrote:
I think he just likes the attention and some people do continue the behavior for the attention.

Speculation fallacy. I don't mind ignoring him.

League_Girl wrote:
Plus he gives autistic people a bad name.

This is an obvious take that. He deserves it as punishment for giving autistics a bad name is what you said. I doubt CWC has given autistics more of a bad name than NTs already gave them. Autism itself is a bit of a junk taxon anyway. All sorts of different things thrown together. I think it's true to say that when people think autism they think spectrum or some other sort of coping mechanism and Chris-chan I am sure in the public mind is either low-functioning in some manner or if they're a bit less two-dimensional it's porbably a combination of autism, not doing anything, bullying and an upbringing based on a faith in evil things.

In any case I don't think anyone should be left to the dogs just because their activities may reflect badly on me. This is because I am not a psychopath.

League_Girl wrote:
I don't like his attitude about Asperger's either and I can't stand people with that attitude.

He was talking from a perspective of complete incompetence. Nobody here thinks of aspies as stealing their thunder unless they're a raging lunatic with no understanding of what autism is.

That and his attitude about people with apsergers has probably helped to ameliorate aspies to a few people because Chris-chan as he is called is about the most laughable man on the planet, except maybe David Icke.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 11:09 am

Gedrene wrote:
Angel_ryan wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Agreed

Two wrongs make a right. Thankyou gentlemen for your comments. Please wise up to what you're really saying and accept that they were terrible, terrible things. A plainly because I say so justification

To be honest those people who have had a go at christian weston chandler and have been named are far from stellar examples of humanity themselves. It's a case of people on the penultimate rung of society abusing those on the rung below.

I know christian weston chandler is and has been proven to be racist, homophobic, sexist and perverse, but at least he shouldn't have his NT equivalents and an 'aspergian' with severe delusions of self-righteousness harping on him all the time, and at most he should just be ignored and left to his own disturbing devices.

The man constitutes about as much harm to the earth as a solitary male botfly to a herd of cattle. If anything, whenever he does something bad he is doing the world a service by showing exactly how much of a nobody who brings it upon yourself you are when you do the same bad things as him.

One also feels that dealing with trolls one is doing the world a service, no matter who you are saving in the process. If the person is a jerk you can just deal with him the same way as the trolls, judiciously.

I'm a chick actually. I do feel bad for that guy to an extent but it only goes so far. He's like Lindsay Lohan. He loves internet attention bad/good and mindlessly exposes himself to it. He's been made famous by it I might add. He's quite narcissistic and doesn't even like people with Aspergers. He posts a lot of his disturbing ideas online for everyone to see. I'm sure if someone offered to help him he'd out right refuse it. The guy is essentially a train wreck I feel sorry for him because he brings the bulling upon himself. Eventually though I think he's got to smarten up, maybe he shouldn't be online posting disturbing things.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 12:16 pm

Angel_ryan wrote:
I'm a chick actually. I do feel bad for that guy to an extent but it only goes so far.

Same. Except the chick part. Your gender is noted.

Angel_Ryan wrote:
He's like Lindsay Lohan. He loves internet attention bad/good and mindlessly exposes himself to it.

I know he mindlessly exposes himself to it. I doubt he actually has a clue. Again speculation fallacy.

Angel_Ryan wrote:
He's quite narcissistic and doesn't even like people with Aspergers.

Of course. But that isn't based on any reality but on a perceived annoyance towards them stealing his thunder. As I said hilarious.

Angel_Ryan wrote:
He posts a lot of his disturbing ideas online for everyone to see. I'm sure if someone offered to help him he'd out right refuse it.

Aye, well that's a better reason that he wont accept it rather than he brought it upon himself. However, we have no proof of this really until we try. Nobody brings bullying upon themselves. Ridicule? Yes. Bullying? No.

Angel_Ryan wrote:
The guy is essentially a train wreck I feel sorry for him because he brings the bulling upon himself.

This is absolutely abominable. Only a person who would try to avoid the gutlessness of the travesty that is bullying would try to say that he brings it upon himself. Why? No one deserves to be bullied. Ridiculed? Yes. Punished? Sure. Insulted for heinous deeds? On occasion. Bullied? Never.

Angel_Ryan wrote:
Eventually though I think he's got to smarten up, maybe he shouldn't be online posting disturbing things.

Speculation fallacy. You don't know that.

You are just saying what you think he thinks without actually knowing and basing it on circumstantial evidence that could have all sorts of explanations.