Do people accuse you of rolling your eyes?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 9:22 pm

I find people are often getting angry with me for rolling my eyes at them, though I honestly hadn't a clue I was. I don't want to come off as arrogant or rude, especially if it's furthest from my intentions. It's really annoying me. I don't mean to, I just don't have control of my face! :(

Am I the only one with crazy, out-of-control eyeballs? x)

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 10:26 pm

My dad often thinks I'm doing it when I move my eye to the left or right or whatever. He's confused. It's annoying.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 11:13 pm

My dad always used to get on my case about that.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 11:40 pm

I can't help myself I only realize half the time I'm doing it. I was told by someone once that they wish they could roll their eyes like mine because it's odd/dramatic though I don't even notice.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 11:43 pm

Maybe I'm just subconsciously cocky. :shrug:

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 2:40 am

Oh I used to get in trouble for this all the time...and for "looking at people "like that" " whatever "like that " was.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 6:54 am

People don't tell me that I do it, but I know I do. It has nothing to do with rudeness and is related to my thinking processes, especially in a group setting, where I'm more likely to be nervous. I was aware of doing this at my daughter's school parents council meeting and we had to introduce ourselves and say what year our child was in. It happened just as I was remembering to say 'P2' instead of 'P1'. It was the start of term and a lot of the parents were saying the wrong year and correcting themselves.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Nov 2011, 9:12 am

Yes, I roll my eyes all the time. Intentionally. :lol:

TheMatrixHasYou
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2011, 9:18 am

I used to do it a lot when I was mimicking a girl to try and fit in. But according to my sister, I can't pull it off. :?

shilohmm
Raven
Raven

03 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

I roll my eyes all the time. On purpose! But also in response to where my thoughts are, not where the conversation is, so that might be what's going on.

Also, some people's eyes drift up when they're thinking -- if you have auditory issues and have to "translate" speech, you might be essentially zoning in and out with your eyes rolling as you transition back and forth.

ictus75
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2011, 10:04 am

I've always done that, unconsciously. I remember in elementary school having one teacher yell at me about it. I still do it.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2011, 2:26 am

I saw this and was like omg and then I realized you posted it leah. Haha. My fiance is always getting mad at me and telling me I am rolling my eyes at him. Sometimes I don't even realize I am doing it.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2011, 4:22 am

I apparently do this often and sometimes I don't notice, sometimes I can't control it very well.
I know it's rude but when I feel something is wrong, I'll roll my eyes, even if I know that it's not appropriate to do so but it happens anyway.
Sometimes I don't even think about something being wrong and will roll them anyway (maybe subconsciously I do feel like rolling them).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 5:14 am

I never roll my eyes. Takes more energy for me to do it. It doesn't feel natural to me.

Lilysparkle2011
Raven
Raven

08 Nov 2011, 7:19 am

I used to get in trouble for it all the time in high school although most of time i didn't even realise i was doing it, so then i would in trouble for arguing back :roll: , I still do it now but my mum and brothers are used to it so they don't say anything :)

MaxPower
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

ediself wrote:
Oh I used to get in trouble for this all the time...and for "looking at people "like that" " whatever "like that " was.

I get that one all. the. friggin. time.

"I hate when you look at me like that!"
"Like what?"
"That look! You know what you're doing!"
:roll:
"Stop rolling your eyes at me!"
*sigh*