Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Green89tom
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2011, 10:43 pm

People with autism should be by themsevles for the rest of their livies because, they have no socal skills. :(

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 10:45 pm

Bull cookies.

If I lived by that ideal I would not now be happily married with three wonderful children for the past sixteen years.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 10:46 pm

....that's some of the worst and cruelest logic I've ever seen. No they should not be alone their entire lives, they can't improve there social skills if they have no one to socialize with, and some socialization is required for functioning in modern society.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

Green89tom wrote:
People with autism should be by themsevles for the rest of their livies because, they have no socal skills. :(

Good thing I live in NorCal, I have no SoCal skills either...oh, and what's a livie?

tropicalcows
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2011, 10:50 pm

Having a developmental disorder should not exclude someone from being able to experience what other people get to. Dating may even help improve aspies' daily functioning and integration into society.

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 11:32 pm

shrox wrote:
Green89tom wrote:

Good thing I live in NorCal, I have no SoCal skills either...

I spent a week in Sandy Eggo once. I learned to slam on the brakes at the slightest hint of water on the freeway. Does that count? :?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 11:36 pm

CTBill wrote:
shrox wrote:
Green89tom wrote:

Good thing I live in NorCal, I have no SoCal skills either...

I spent a week in Sandy Eggo once. I learned to slam on the brakes at the slightest hint of water on the freeway. Does that count? :?

I am from Sandy Eggo, but I haven't learned this yet. I learned to continue driving at the same speed when stuff falls out of the sky until I crash my motor coach into the center divider.

But other than this, I have pretty good SoCal skills. 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 11:47 pm

Green89tom wrote:

Bullsnot.

I'm married, so is one of my children. I have social skills - limited as they are - but that does not mean that I should live as a hermit just because a few other Aspies have no social skills at all. Finally, I live in SoCal, so I tend to blend in.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AS_Citizen_43275-B
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Nov 2011, 12:06 am

shrox wrote:
Green89tom wrote:

Good thing I live in NorCal, I have no SoCal skills either...oh, and what's a livie?

Haha! :lmao:

Born & bred in SoCal here, but.. never bothered to learn SoCal skills! Should I get rid of my cats too?

RobotGreenAlien2
Toucan
Toucan

07 Nov 2011, 12:22 am

Dyslexics shouldnt read

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 12:25 am

My guess is the OP said what he said because he feels that way about himself because he is having a hard time finding someone to accept him and have friends and people give him crap when he tries. The sad face says it all.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 12:37 am

Either that or some jackass told him Aspies shouldn't date. Which makes me want to punch whoever it is that said that, and I don't get violent easily.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

dobrolvr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2011, 12:45 am

RobotGreenAlien2 wrote:
Dyslexics shouldnt read

Awesome! :lol:

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 12:53 am

Callista wrote:
Either that or some jackass told him Aspies shouldn't date. Which makes me want to punch whoever it is that said that, and I don't get violent easily.

+1

Yeah, I don't think the OP was actually advocating that, but has heard or been told it and doesn't/didn't know what to say to argue against it.

The only people who should be morally restricted from dating are serial killers.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 1:03 am

The dating game is hard for anyone, not just those with limited social skills. TBH, I find some aspects of dating overrated, but that's my opinion, I could be wrong.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 1:20 am

League_Girl wrote:
My guess is the OP said what he said because he feels that way about himself because he is having a hard time finding someone to accept him and have friends and people give him crap when he tries. The sad face says it all.

That was my guess too. I only answered as I did in the hopes that the OP would see the ludicrousness of what some jack-ass probably did tell him.

Punch that jack-ass hard! Whoever it was deserves every boney knuckle! :eye:

Maybe the jerk will date a serial killer some day. We can only hope. :twisted:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...