Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:25 pm

Soliloquist wrote:
If you go to sociopathworld, you will see they have already rightly bagged him as one of theirs.

http://www.sociopathworld.com/2008/10/h ... iends.html

Sociopath world??

LOL. That's rich.

But wouldn't a true sociopath not want anyone to know they were sociopathic? Wouldn't that limit their options for doing sociopath stuff?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

SociopathWorld.com? Sounds like an Ayn Rand fansite.

I searched for her name in the website through Google, and sure enough, they like quoting her.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:48 pm

When I hear of self-identifying sociopaths on their own forum I think of this:

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

House is an NT.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Nah.

He's just an ass without the burgers part.

:lol:

It was suggested on the show that he had it, but to me he just seems like the classic smart ass. I can't really relate to his character. Maybe aside from the thing about getting new carpet, his stubbornness and determination, but everybody has their quirks. You need more than just quirks to be an Aspie.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 6:31 pm

No. He's far too calculating.

The dead give away is the fact that he reads people far too well to be Autistic at all.

He's not a sociopath either. He may do extremely manipulative things, but he cares about the any negative results that come from it. I may be an Aspie, but he's an actor. It's not that hard to read actors. They exaggerate enough for me to read most of them.

If he is anything at all, he's a narcissist.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

MrXxx wrote:

The dead give away is the fact that he reads people far too well to be Autistic at all.

He's not a sociopath either. He may do extremely manipulative things, but he cares about the any negative results that come from it. I may be an Aspie, but he's an actor. It's not that hard to read actors. They exaggerate enough for me to read most of them.

I'd agree with that

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 8:16 am

MrXxx wrote:

Agreed, too.
Although, life and death and right and wrong are not his main preoccupations, his interest is in being right, and finding the correct diagnosis, even if he has to kill the guy or almost kill him in the process.
But Narcissists don't value life more than sociopaths. And all sociopaths are Narcisists.
I'd say he's a sub-criminal sociopath, or a Narcissist with sociopathic tendencies, which is basically the same thing....