Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Esteban
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Nov 2011, 8:37 am

This isn't supposed to be morbid and, to clarify, no, I'm not suicidal. The idea is to get some perspective by brainstorming some thoughts as to what would happen (or fail to happen), big and small, if we died today, and then get some feedback and, hopefully, insight from one another. I'll get the ball rolling:

If I died today...
-there would be books I'd have wanted to read.
-it would be devastating for my parents.
-hardly anyone outside my family would care
-I'd never find out how a friend of mine did in her thesis defence.
-there'd be major decisions I wouldn't have to make.
-there'd be relatively few things I'd regret never having done.
-there'd be drawings I'd regret never having finished or attempted.
-there'd be movies I wouldn't be around to watch that I'd have wanted to watch.
-I'd never visit my hometown again.
-I'd never feel again this horrible anguish I sometimes eel when I'm unsure about things.
-I'd never complete any of the stuff I'm doing at work.
-I'd never travel again.
-there's a bunch of stuff I wouldn't have to relearn.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

-- I wouldn't have to put up with being kicked for being different.

-- I don't think my guardian angels would be very pleased with me. The first thing I'd hear would be, "You left the job undone."

-- I'd get to see Daddy and meet the baby we lost right after he died.

-- There'd be nobody around to just listen to Grandma.

-- I don't know who would help my son learn to deal with being himself.

-- There'd be one less cheerfully pissed-off Aspie in the world. That wouldn't be a good thing.

-- DH would be completely lost for a while, but he'd learn to cope.

-- Grandma'd probably never quit crying.

-- My friends would miss me. I think.

-- Everybody'd wonder if it was a suicide.

-- Life, for 99.9999% of the world, would go on completely unchanged. I think. Somebody needs to find that doggone butterfly and tell it to quit causing all those storms. :lol:

Esteban
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

I guess when we think about this we all wonder a lot about how it would affect those we would leave behind.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 12:54 pm

if i died today, my older sister would be cussing my ghost up a storm for she would be left with the nasty task of cleaning up my unholy mess that i left behind when i was suddenly kicked upstairs into the bright world above. if i died today, the probate court would have another case on the docket, for i am "intestate." call me irresponsible. :hmph: if i had some duckie$$$ i'd have hired me the estate lawyer in town and gotten me a will, but since i lack sufficient duckie$$$ the dated note i left tacked up to the wall next to the clock will have to do but probably won't. the note says "i, [my name and address] of sound mind, hereby declare that my sister [her name] gets it all, but if she is out of the picture for whatever reason, then her two children [names] each get half after the sale of the real property/personal possessions." maybe it would work better if i got my note notarized :lmao:

if i died today, life would go on, somebody else would eventually move into my tin can and probably not do too much to it, as the whole corner of my corner of hooterville is very low-rent to begin with and not really condusive to gentrification of any kind. i hope somebody nice gets my honda, it deserves a loving home. if i died today, i'd want my music and dvd collection to go to a deserving home also, and not scattered to the 4 winds. it deserves to be in a place where it will be appreciated and enjoyed on a regular basis. same for all my boxes and boxes of books and old magazines/newspaper clippings and such. everything else can be impartially apportioned to the survivors. i want the modest proceeds from my estate to help my favorite niece and her sister, their newfound additional financial comfort will be my indirect legacy.

i will enjoy the hell out of heaven :D Image

wyldragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm

If I died today:
•I wouldn’t see my children married
•I wouldn’t see my grandchildren when they are born
•None of the novels, songs, poems, and paintings in my head would get finished
•My kitten would need a home (Just got a kitten the other day)
•I’m afraid no one would miss me

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 1:28 pm

^^^
:(

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

If I died today:
. all of my secrets would be discovered
. my financial genius would be revealed (as in "how can she live on this little?!")
. nobody would show up at my work
. my sisters would fight to the death
. a few people may have some interesting stories
. my funeral would be attended by obligated extended family members and few else
. the liquor store by my house will make less money
. all my cool stuff would end up in the garbage as many do not realize it's coolness
. I would never finish all the stuff I have wanted to start

Ringbearer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

Esteban wrote:
If I died today...

- My parents would be sad. I'm not sure it would make any difference in any other way. I have no friends.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 4:16 am

One thing's for sure - nothing would hurt any more.

It's a good thing there are some things about being alive that I enjoy. They're mostly bad for me, but against an alternative of death that pales...