Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2011, 12:17 am

Do you find there are unnecessary questions that are logically irrelevant?
R/ I do
E.g. how are you? > Why: If I needed help and you were the person from whom I had logically deducted most efficiently I could get it from. Then I would ask so.
In any case I answer "normal", "the same as yesterday", "probably the same as tomorrow", "I am healthy, I am not sick", "no one has died"

Do you analyse others’ emotions objectively when asked about them regardless of what that person is feeling and thus answering what is ethically accepted according to the social paradigm?
R/ I do
E.g. His wife cheated on him, how do you think he is feeling? R/ ' knowing no further, I would assume 'betrayed'.

Do you encounter that it is easier to explain emotions which you do care about in pictorial metaphors?
R/I do
E.g. Love (???) > It feels like a baby Chinese dragon is swirling in my belly, as if my lungs where filled with helium and my hands and feet tickle as if I had dipped them in flakes of gold in an ether suspension, my head feels ever so light and my right ear burns as if bliss embodied as woman spoke with fiery breath in to it from another realm.
[I might have given erring attributions to unrelated bodily sensations but I think it was love (???)]

Do you feel that when the plot in books, television programs, plays et cetera walks you through, it makes it easier to experience bodily sensations that are pleasant even if you cannot categorise the feeling?
R/I do
E.g. Film name "Elizabeth" with 'Cate Blanchett' as 'Queen Elizabeth I' > When Cate Blanchett impersonated -Elizabeth I-... from the moment she metamorphosed in to the virgin wife of England as its people's queen and walked in with awing magnanimousness to present her self thus. I, whilst feeling naught at the sight of such awe without omniparity, cried cathartic tears of physically convulsing ecstasy in front of such overwhelming wonder of grandeur.
[I don't really know what that is but I have been suspecting of it what some might categorise as a religious experience which would be anthropologically interesting, especially since I am an atheist unless "god" is defined by the theory of the ancient astronaut. Any suggestions about what that sensation was?]

Do you find that it is easier to engage in to the world from the lens of a camera?
R/I do, objects and (other's) social interaction seem to have more "cohesiveness"

Do you prefer to do your social interaction through any such media as letters, emails, telegrams, texting et cetera?
R/I do, it is easier to present all communications objectively logical.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 12:20 am

I cant express my feeling nor read them in others especially other aspies-I recently got hurt because of that inability-and small tlk really burns me too.

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2011, 12:44 am

That is why when asked I just say what is most likely for the other person to be feeling e.g. someone cheated on you > I say "betrayed", though I don't actually understand what that means or how that person is actually feeling.

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2011, 12:53 am

Most of the times when I am trying to describe my feelings I start talking about what I am physically feeling, e.g. "my tummy aches right here" and I point where it does. I like to use metaphors to describe them as the ones in the OP - I do am alexithymic but I am only about 40% poetry-blind. Though almost every single time, people think I am just speaking/writing gibberish.