Anyone else hate people in their space?

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

10 Nov 2011, 3:15 am

I absolutely HATE people in my bedroom. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It will send me into meltdown mode in a flash. I even hate people in my house. I don't mind going over to someone else's place, but I don't want them in my space, touching my things, moving my things. It's my little world and I don't want anyone else in it.

Anyone else like this or am I just crazy like everyone tells me I am? People tell me to get over it, but I can't. It's a completely overwhelming anxiety that I can't get over. I don't even like people riding in my car. It's very upsetting. I do suffer through people riding with me because I have to, but I'd rather they drive.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 3:22 am

Having people in my room is like having people in my pants. Uh... not the greatest analogy, but it works I guess. :P

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

10 Nov 2011, 3:49 am

So does that mean you like it or you don't like it or it's tolerable? I guess your analogy can be taken quite a few different ways... :wink:

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2011, 5:46 am

Quote:
I guess your analogy can be taken quite a few different ways...

Héhé. :>

Well, I don't like when my parents are in my room, it's tolerable, because I'm forced... but I always say them to leave (after 20 or 30 seconds if they only talk to me, immediatly if they touch something). But I really can't leave friends alone in my room... and an unknown person... *lock and load*... it's like touching my computer, or touching my Cat.

Also, I often have meltdown if we are 3 or more in my room, no matter who they are.

opal
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 6:03 am

totally

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 6:29 am

I hate people in my room. The time the landlord had to put up new drywall and paint in my room was awful and at that point I hadn't even been sleeping in there for a while because of the ceiling leaking so much and my worry about mold. Had I been sleeping in there still and hadn't moved a bunch of stuff out I would have been even more upset.

When the landlord is here fixing anything it makes me distressed until he leaves. Recently my apartment got inspected and the inspector pointed at the floor right inside the doorway of my room and told the landlord he had to fix that because some of the linoleum had peeled up and broke off so it was bare wood. I really hope he forgets that like he forgets a lot of stuff because if he wants to put a new floor in my room I'm telling him he can't and to wait until I move. There is no room to empty out my room to put in a new floor. My room is packed full of stuff.

I worry about the landlord seeing my rats since I'm not really supposed to have pets. I think he saw them and thinks I have "2 hamsters" but I actually have 4 rats and 3 mice. When the inspector was here I was worried about the rats getting scared from him testing the smoke detector but they just curiously peered through the bars. The smoke detector upsets me more than it upsets them.

I hate having anyone in my home that doesn't live here, especially if I can't go in my room, shut the door, and leave another person to deal with them. In my teens most of the time we had company I stayed in my room with the door shut and locked even if it was relatives.

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2011, 6:35 am

Oh, absolutely.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Nov 2011, 6:47 am

I hate people in my space or messing with my stuff.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 7:57 am

My room, it looks like a complete mess but I know where absolutely everything is in the pile...and the piles usually correlate to some project in progress. So, that book is carefully sitting on top of that acetate etching so the cat can't mess it up, and so on.

If someone moves even a couple things, I freak out and can't find anything. I don't mind someone coming in and sitting on a chair to chat for a bit, just don't move my stuff around. My cat is exception to this rule. He is allowed to knock pens off tables and such. Little booger.

Someone else cleaning my space under the guise of "tidying up" is just about the worst thing you could possibly do to me.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 8:15 am

I have significant space issues, though these tend to be more to do with the numerous pedestrians on the street who seem oblivious to those around them.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2011, 9:51 am

I always have, ever since I was a little girl. When my parents would tuck me into bed at night, they would far surpass the time that was comfortable to me to have them stand over my bed, and continue to stand there and look over me, and I eventually I found the words to get them to stop. I told them to "stop hovering" over me because it made me feel so suffocated. So after that, that was what we said when I needed them to leave.

They still have a tendency to swarm in on me. Luckily they have never tried to clean my room because I keep a constant level of creative mess that looks rather cluttered, but the arrangement is comforting to me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 10:27 am

I do hate people invading my space when I'm in shops. It makes me feel claustrophobic.

On antidepressants (50mg Sertraline) ~ Helps control emotional outbursts.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Nov 2011, 10:37 am

Joe90 wrote:
I do hate people invading my space when I'm in shops. It makes me feel claustrophobic.

I hate shopping for shoes, because I have to find the perfect shoes - shoes I like and want to wear. And people will come up and stand right next to me while I'm trying to focus past the store noise and the lighting and people walking around. The last time I bought shoes I ended up having to leave the store for several minutes to calm back down.

This isn't just a problem in shoe stores, but it feels harder for me to avoid in them. It also happens in the kitchen when everyone's getting dinner.

hockeytaz
Raven
Raven

10 Nov 2011, 10:42 am

Thanks! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels like this. My parents just don't understand that the constant state of chaos my room is in is comforting to me. I hate clean. Clean is like sterile, cold, etc. It bothers me.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 10:56 am

hockeytaz wrote:
Anyone else hate people in their space?

no one is ever in my space.
if somebody was, i would not hate them.
i would just tell them to get out of my world if i did not feel calm about them.

Last edited by b9 on 10 Nov 2011, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.