Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

Who used to love those games back in the 90's, like the first C&C and Red Alert, before EA took over?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 5:52 pm

Meeeee!

They were great.

Used to play Red alert skirmish games a lot. The AI left a lot to be desired though.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 7:51 pm

Skirmish on Red Alert was rather cool, especially with the Docklands map. Let the AI opponents be isolated and build up cruisers to bombard them from a distance and aircraft to gun them down one by one!

mindset_2_0
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Moog wrote:
Meeeee!

They were great.

Used to play Red alert skirmish games a lot. The AI left a lot to be desired though.

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Skirmish on Red Alert was rather cool, especially with the Docklands map. Let the AI opponents be isolated and build up cruisers to bombard them from a distance and aircraft to gun them down one by one!

You are right. Skirmish mode was fun, the AI was very bad and the cruisers very handy. ;-) Setting up to many AI's resulted in horrible game peformance and they remained stupid though.

Red Alert was one of my biggest obsessions ever! As soon as I got my hands on the map editor and the tweaking settings I was even more lost in the game. Many many months went by playing up to 14 hours a day. I just can not believe it.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 2:30 pm

I just remember the weird music from that game, specifically the one with lines such as "you fail, do not return" while some rock tune was in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

Zwapp
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2012, 10:11 am

Tiberian Sun was my favorite, and I've done some thinking and I have a rant ready on why the sequels don't live up to that one, only it's impossible to register to the ea-forums to post it.
ea has dissapointed me too much for me to care though.