Who's Dumber? Homer Simpson? Peter Griffin or Stan Smith?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who's Dumber?
Homer Simpson 37%  37%  [ 11 ]
Stan Smith or Peter Griffin 63%  63%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 30

SeleniumTrace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2011, 10:47 am

Peter Griffin. He makes the other two look smart.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 4:26 pm

Well homer does work at the nuclear power plant as a safety inspector but then again he was hired under project boot strap Peter Griffin...well as somebody already pointed out he was borderline mentally ret*d and Stand Smith is just a conservative ass.... So it's a tie between Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin Tho i'd lean towards Peter

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 4:32 pm

Well homer does work at the nuclear power plant as a safety inspector but then again he was hired under project boot strap Peter Griffin...well as somebody already pointed out he was borderline mentally ret*d and Stand Smith is just a conservative ass.... So it's a tie between Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin Tho i'd lean towards Peter

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 10:17 pm

I find Homer to still be lovably dumb, but Peter is disgusting. Even his physical appearance grosses me out, which is strange when it's compared to a fat balding guy with yellow skin and bulgy eyeballs.

Stan Smith, is that the father in American Dad? I haven't watched any episodes of any of these shows in ages.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 2:02 am

Quite frankly, all three characters are extremely stupid. Then again, I don't think any of these shows are funny, and the animation sucks. Of course, I prefer my humor along the lines of ski slope nose himself, Bob Hope

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 6:07 pm

Peter Griffin is the dumbest out of the three. He knows not to do dumb things, but does dumb things anyway.

Stan Smith seems like a normal guy, but like what Sea Shell said, he is the biggest d-bag character in animation.

As for Homer Simpson, he does have his moments of stupidity, but that's how he is. He makes the other two look equally stupid.

emax10000
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jun 2015, 6:09 pm

Peter is the flat out dumbest and the most negligent father and Stan is the most controlling and oblivious to how his actions and views affect others. They are both horrifically moronic in different ways. And Homer Simpson is easily father of the year material next to both of them.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 6:32 pm

Peter Griffin, hands down. Stan Smith can be a jerk sometimes, but he does have a soft side, and is more sophisticated than Peter. Also, even though Homer Simpson has several moments of stupidity, he is a very devoted father and husband, as well as a hero (remember "Marge Vs. The Monorail", where Homer uses the M from the monorail as an anchor to stop the runaway monorail?)

Peter...well, all he does is laugh, make bodily functions, and insult Meg. He does have some ideas, but almost all of them fail. :|

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 6:50 pm

Peter is definitely the dumbest, and the most mean-spirited.
Stan is willfully ignorant about a lot of things.
Homer isn't that bright, but I think he tries harder in many ways...if that counts. :)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jun 2015, 8:03 pm

From dumbest to least dumb:

1. Peter Griffin.
2. Stan Smith.
3. Homer Simpson.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 8:53 am

Stan Smith indeed.

He might have the highest (least low) IQ out of the three, but his closed-minded belief in and adherence to the christian american values make him the 'dumbest' (as opposed to 'stupidest', which is Peter by a long shot)

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2015, 1:46 pm

Peter's definitely the biggest idiot of the three. While Homer's not exactly the brightest crayon in the box, he still tries to please his family and does care about them, despite the way he seems to treat them sometimes. Have you seen how he dotes on Maggie (when he remembers she exists) and Lisa? Not to mention that he certainly loves Bart despite the disrespect he often gets from him. And he's always willing to show Marge how much he loves her.

Now Stan might be heavily Conservative, seriously closed-minded about some things, paranoid as hell, and is probably one of the most patriotic American on TV, but he's not completely stupid. It's pretty clear in a lot of episodes that while sometimes he does act selfishly, he also cares a lot for his family and tries to do what he believes is the right thing for them (even if it really isn't). Stan is a good father in that while he and Haley argue a lot and have very different views on a lot of things, he still loves her and is clearly afraid of losing her completely, and many of Stan's interactions with Steve often revolve around Stan trying to help Steve improve his life, or at least stay out of trouble. And even he will call out others on their rashness and stupidity (mostly Steve and Roger. Especially Roger). Stan does have issues with Francine, but that is a result of him letting his pride get in the way. There's also the fact that he does occasionally seem to learn from his mistakes and to be more tolerant of others. You know, he has character development, no matter how minor it is.

Peter, on the other hand, often has to have even the most obvious of things explained to him by Brian. He often abuses his family, especially Meg, in some way and he seriously fails to think things through at all before he does anything. He never listens to Lois and many times he is apathetic when he shouldn't be until someone tells him why he should care, unless it's Meg. Peter's stupidity alone is why I stopped watching Family Guy.

tl;dr: Homer and Stan are men capable of caring for their families and be there for their children when they need to be, while Peter's just a selfish jackass to the point that it's a miracle he still has a family.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

23 May 2017, 10:46 pm

Well Peter was diagnosed with Mental Retardation so he's probably legit the dumbest

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 12:03 pm

The only one of these characters I have ever seen is Homer, and he is pretty dumb.

When I hear the name Stan Smith, I think of a tennis player who now has a line of athletic footwear.