So what did you do this week to improve yourself, in and out

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

I'll start. I've been a competitive runner for more than a decade, but I've been focusing more on core strength, doing more situps and pushups daily to improve tone, as well as posture. Also continuing to focus on flexibility, not only to prevent injuries as a runner, but also to improve my fluidity of motion, so I'm not so herky jerky.

Internally? Well as some may know I've recently vowed to quit dating, that is, actively pursuing it, and I'm trying to change from being forcedly abstinent, to voluntary. Basically I'm trying not to worry or even think about girls. Instead focus on my work as a professional filmmaker, as well as my ongoing passion project. I'm trying to focus on what I can control, and forgetting about things I can't, namely other people, i.e. women.

I already feel that my confidence has been boosted, because I no longer fear or worry about women I meet. I find myself caring less about them, and what could be, and being simply me.

For example, there was a girl visiting my office to tour the facilities. No doubt she was something, a 9 easily. And you know what? I didn't care. My thought was not, "Wow she's outta my league, wow I want here," but rather confidence in knowing that I, me, was the one unavailable, that if anything I was out of her league, because she didn't matter, she had no power. She was just another person. I was polite, and I demonstrated some of our sophisticated footage cataloging systems which I manage, and then she moved on, and I move on, absolutely nothing happened.

I was left deeply satisfied, knowing I REALLY AM in control, and that I'm not letting it go into the hands of every cute girl I see on the street or in line for groceries. I no longer care about that, only about my work, and about doing something really great that will last beyond me.

I feel my energy redoubled, that I WILL accomplish my goals because I am that much more focused, because I've removed a rogue variable from my life that was truly f*****g up my head for the last three or four years.

Would I like a girlfriend? Maybe, but I am more committed to being who I am, and to my priorities, and she will have to accept that, and accept that I won't be changed, or give back control.

I feel truly complete, ready to take on my goals and meet them. For the first time.

What about you all? How are you improving yourself?

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 11:51 pm

Good to see you have a decisive, positive outlook on things Brianruns

To answer your question... I've done nothing but I'm happy nonetheless

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2011, 11:51 pm

Inspirational.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2011, 11:52 pm

i walk 1/2 hour per day.

I VOTED tuesday :!:

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2011, 1:10 am

I finished reading a trig book two years ahead:)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2011, 1:31 am

jamieevren1210 wrote:
I finished reading a trig book two years ahead:)

WOW :!: