In one word, how do you feel right now?

Page 1131 of 1618 [ 25885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1128, 1129, 1130, 1131, 1132, 1133, 1134 ... 1618  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 7:51 pm

i'm so sorry this had to happen to you- gosh, I hope he is locked away forever where he can't hurt anybody else, and that providence helps the bad things fade away as soon as possible.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 7:57 pm

Hence, my name Isabella Linton from Wuthering Heights:

"The back of the settle and Earnshaw's person interposed between me and him; so instead of endeavouring to reach me, he snatched a dinner-knife from the table and flung it at my head. It struck beneath my ear, and stopped the sentence I was uttering; but, pulling it out, I sprang to the door and delivered another; which I hope went a little deeper than his missile. The last glimpse I caught of him was a furious rush on his part, checked by the embrace of his host; and both fell locked together on the hearth. In my flight through the kitchen I bid Joseph speed to his master; I knocked over Hareton, who was hanging a litter of puppies from a chair-back in the doorway; and, blessed as a soul escaped from purgatory, I bounded, leaped, and flew down the steep road; then, quitting its windings, shot direct across the moor, rolling over banks, and wading through marshes: precipitating myself, in fact, towards the beacon-light of the Grange. I would rather be condemned to a perpetual dwelling in the infernal regions than, even for one night, abide beneath the roof of Wuthering Heights again".

(Wuthering Heights, 1847).

This is a quote from Isabella Linton, that always resounds with me. ^

The person is institutionalized but it is an ongoing issue in my life to keep it that way.

I've been feeling the anger today, so that's why I'm so blunt about it. Sorry if it sounds off-key. I've come a long way with my therapist, and this year's ASD diagnosis has helped even more.

Thanks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 8:00 pm

I had no idea that Wuthering Heights was like that :o

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 8:08 pm

WH is a sadistic horror story. Hollywood cut the story in half and marketed it as a romance, which is entirely wrong.

Most of the movie posters show H & C in a passionate embrace, but this never once happens in the novel.

I love it, regardless.

(I think BBC renditions are reputed to be better, but they still market as a romance. I've never watched any film of the book because I like its true form, and I don't want the imagery in a movie to influence my perception).

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 09 Jul 2018, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 8:39 pm

somebody oughta remake the film truer to the book.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 8:50 pm

@IsabellaLinton I'm sorry you had to deal with a monster like that. True monsters exist in this world and they are not hidden in the shadows but are in plain sight. Had to deal with monsters myself and it changes you forever.

Wish you much strength in your struggles and good luck finding your credit card.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 8:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
somebody oughta remake the film truer to the book.

Seriously! +10 ^^^

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 8:56 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
@IsabellaLinton I'm sorry you had to deal with a monster like that. True monsters exist in this world and they are not hidden in the shadows but are in plain sight. Had to deal with monsters myself and it changes you forever.

Wish you much strength in your struggles and good luck finding your credit card.

Thank you. I apologize if I've been a downer tonight. I've had an angry day but in general I'm doing very well.
It's a one step at a time thing, but I've had nine years of helpful steps since it ended.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 8:57 pm

no need to apologize, you gotta vent and you should vent.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 9:09 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:

Re: Plain sight. How right you are. No one suspected a thing from this person, who has since been identified as a violent, criminal psychopath and sadist.

Let's change the topic.

:(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 9:10 pm

diverted.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 9:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Thank you. I apologize if I've been a downer tonight.

Personally, I love seeing people show their emotions and true self. It's what makes people beautiful and unique. I see no need or reason at all to apologize.

Changing subject:

I'm glad it's a lot cooler today :mrgreen:

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 6:28 am

functioning, last time I checked

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 7:32 am

:tired: