Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Z35TYL3M0N
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Nov 2011, 6:55 pm

He's often listed as a possible example. It seems possible but excruciatingly difficult to say his speeches like he did, although with extreme practice...I don't know, maybe. Everything else makes it seem possible.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 6:58 pm

He's dead so really we'll never know.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

No, he was a psychopath, not autistic.

sogj
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

Z35TYL3M0N wrote:
He's often listed as a possible example. It seems possible but excruciatingly difficult to say his speeches like he did, although with extreme practice...I don't know, maybe. Everything else makes it seem possible.

I doubt it. If anything he was a sociopath.

Kail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2011, 7:08 pm

I use to love the "idea" of hitler, but not support him. (evil genius persona thing)

Then I watched Mein Kampf, and lost the little respect I had.

Although history these days is half fiction anyway, so many genocide's get covered up and denied it's ridiculous.

Z35TYL3M0N
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Nov 2011, 7:11 pm

Don't give me that garbage about him being a physcopath, not autistic...sure he was, but.....that doesn't mean he's not both.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:33 pm

Kail wrote:
Although history these days is half fiction anyway, so many genocide's get covered up and denied it's ridiculous.

Good part of why I don't trust half of what is said by anything. In Face we actually had our own concentration camps during WW1-WW2 era in which Japanese and German Immigrants were forced into, same for people from communist countries back in the cold war era, which in fact never truly ended, just look at some of the political fuckwads today. Then there is the Armenian genocide, which system of the down has been trying to make people aware of for a long time now.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Kail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2011, 7:36 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Kail wrote:

Good part of why I don't trust half of what is said by anything. In Face we actually had our own concentration camps during WW1-WW2 era in which Japanese and German Immigrants were forced into, same for people from communist countries back in the cold war era, which in fact never truly ended, just look at some of the political f**** today. Then there is the Armenian genocide, which system of the down has been trying to make people aware of for a long time now.
:hail:

javascript:emoticon(':hail:')

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

I think he was. He has many of the characteristics of aspergers.
If you see the video of his speeches he seems so distant from his audience. He seems like he doesn't even notice they are watching. He gets so passionate about his speeches. He was very paranoid. He was intelligent like most autistic people. His special interest was world domination.

I think people here are ashamed of Hitler being autistics/aspergers because they don't want to be compared to him in any way. I don't think you should worry about that because he clearly has other things mentally wrong.
I am not defending him. I despise Hitler and don't think autism is an excuse for what he did.
He is not the only person to blame. He had many followers. Without them Nazi Germany or the holocaust would have never happened.

Stalin killed more people than Hitler and he's not considered autistic. That should make you feel better.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:42 pm

I heard he did.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:58 pm

Kail wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Kail wrote:

Good part of why I don't trust half of what is said by anything. In Face we actually had our own concentration camps during WW1-WW2 era in which Japanese and German Immigrants were forced into, same for people from communist countries back in the cold war era, which in fact never truly ended, just look at some of the political f**** today. Then there is the Armenian genocide, which system of the down has been trying to make people aware of for a long time now.
:hail:

javascript:emoticon(':hail:')

I know what I know because I actually had history teachers that would actually teach history instead of just making students read out of the book. We actually as a class visited a retiree center and we actually met quite a few who had been in the camps. Another one actually took us on a trip to a gathering of WWII veterans who were of MIXED nationalities, not just American ones like most of the ones who come in to do a speech did. This was all in highschool. We also had to do a reading of the mein Kamph and do a report on it as well.

He actually encouraged a lot of us to question everything, and look at it objectively. Were even taught that the best way to look at current events is to look at the past and reference multiple news sources, not just American, but news of other nations, alternative sources, and he was also an avid reader of conspiracy theories. As for his opinion on them, he basically said that There is a lot of bunk but also a lot of truth, you have got to learn to look for it and not let emotional articles sway you.

So yeah, ive been around history wise. Sadly the teacher that did all this was fired because of his teaching style the same year I graduated. The teacher they now have is the usual run of your mill "read from the book and don't question it" mentality.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 8:00 pm

What I've heard that the strongest theory is that his mental... well, craziness for lack of a better word, was actually all associated with syphilis and that reading his journals reads like someone who's brain is deteriorating because of syphilis. There's a big difference between when he first rose into power and the end of WWII.

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2011, 8:04 pm

1. Hitler had followers.
2. People with Asperger's generally ARE followers.
3. How many people do you know with Asperger's can make normal people become their followers?

Kail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2011, 8:13 pm

Hitler was an exponential evil genius tho?, Where and when did he deteriorate? :S ?

Hitler's religious views were fanaticism I does believe.

That story about your history teachers is a lot like a "lie to me" episode, 11, season two called beat the devil.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 8:15 pm

Ria1989 wrote:
1. Hitler had followers.
2. People with Asperger's generally ARE followers.
3. How many people do you know with Asperger's can make normal people become their followers?

I've had followers. If Hitler had Aspergers he clearly had other stuff as well, but that doesn't rule out Aspergers.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 8:25 pm

Really? Do we really need to go "there" again? :roll:

For crying out loud, don't we have better things to do?

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...