Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 10:16 pm

My husband and I bought a new mattress and no longer needed the foam eggcrate-type pad we had had on our bed. My son discovered the pad on the floor and has been having the best time playing with it, and being rolled up into a "tamale." It's kind of big, but can be folded up so it doesn't take up too much space.

Not sure this would work with every kid, because I really dislike the feel of the foam, myself, but these can be bought pretty cheaply at places that sell discount bedding.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 4:28 am

I might try that for my son, he loves being wrapped up in his blanket (his special dolphin blanket) and he has to pile his two hundred (ok, Im exaggerating slightly :D ) stuffed animals on and around him in his bed. He has sort of a mini loft bed with walls so hes kind of cocooned in there along with one of our cats who likes to sleep under the covers with him (I really believe in that book All Cats Have Aspergers). He uses his weighted blanket too but his dolphin blanket is more important. He loves boxes (also a cheap sensory toy) and is currently enjoying the new Christmas tree box. I dont know if they have those egg crate things here but Ill have to look around. We also have no carpeting so a couple of those would be really good for my kids as it is cold right now and they both love to lay on the floor even if it is cold tile.

I wanted to get those huge bean bag couches but my husbands family brought us some furniture that was given to us from his aunt who passed away. So we now have a huge dinning room table and two very old (one is 100 years old) large cabinets. I cant wait to get out own house so I have more room and Ive been planning my kids sensory room for years now!