Sheldon Cooper. Aspie, or offensive parody?

Page 13 of 15 [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 6:34 pm

We can not be watching the same show. It's a funny show but I see absolutely nothing endearing there.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 7:00 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
We can not be watching the same show. It's a funny show but I see absolutely nothing endearing there.

Different strokes for different folks.

RocketMom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

Different strokes for different folks.

Agreed. :D There are things my friends/family watch that I totally see differently than they do.

SK666

27 Nov 2015, 2:56 am

I love Sheldon.

If his beautiful mind came wrapped in a rugged bearded package with a high sex drive, he would be my ideal mate.

Undergoing the process of an in-depth differential diagnosis with a clinical psychologist, who has 35 yrs experience in ASDs. Using DSMV, ADOS-2 (Mod 4), ADI-R, peer-reviewed literature, empirical and anecdotal evidence. Now the focus of a case study.

[AQ: 38/50] [EQ: 17/80, SQ: 59/80] [AS: 145/200, NT: 95/200]
[MBTI: INTP] [IQ: 144, (SD: 24) (Matrix)]

Richardthelion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Nov 2015, 7:30 am

Parody because it's comic show.

But i like The Big Bang.

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2015, 10:28 am

I don't like the show because I don't think the jokes are funny, but I don't see how it's offensive.

Aspies are weird. We have awkward encounters. That makes good comedy. And Aspies are different from one another. So my encounters could seem weird to another Aspie. I also know my encounters with people can make good comedy. My responses sometimes make people laugh. I'm not offended by it. If anything, I'm glad that at least it entertains someone.

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2015, 8:13 pm

To be honest, mixed feelings. I used to love the show, but I felt like it jumped the shark during the 3rd season when they actually had Sheldon go on a date with someone. I'm not trying to imply Aspies don't date, as I know a few who have, but part of what made Sheldon so appealing to me was that he enjoyed his solitude...a LOT! I can see where some people would think he isn't exactly the most flattering character, though. I'm on the spectrum myself and view myself more as a Leonard type - geeky (somewhat) but still relatively accessible to people who aren't.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 11:29 pm

GriffinGuitar12 wrote:
To be honest, mixed feelings. I used to love the show, but I felt like it jumped the shark during the 3rd season when they actually had Sheldon go on a date with someone. I'm not trying to imply Aspies don't date, as I know a few who have, but part of what made Sheldon so appealing to me was that he enjoyed his solitude...a LOT! I can see where some people would think he isn't exactly the most flattering character, though. I'm on the spectrum myself and view myself more as a Leonard type - geeky (somewhat) but still relatively accessible to people who aren't.

I certainly should hope us Aspies can date, as I'm an Aspie and am married.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 11:44 pm

Well, I just got back from Steel City Con,
where I dressed as my favorite Star Trek character Q as usual
and said hello to Chekov (actor Walter Koenig)
and another one of the Q (actor Corbin Bernsen)
plus I may have just made a friend who is also a Q.

She's not exactly 100% like me of course,
I think I'm more intense.
That said, it's always nice to find people
who are on the same wavelength.

I don't see how I could be offended by a parody
that seems really close to how I am in real life. :)

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." -- REM

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2015, 6:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
GriffinGuitar12 wrote:

Of course we can!! Sadly, I am currently single :/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2015, 9:19 pm

GriffinGuitar12 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
GriffinGuitar12 wrote:

Of course we can!! Sadly, I am currently single :/

Never give up hope.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 7:13 am

Not offensive, but a lot of stereotypes that we need to and are slowly starting to move away from.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 6:14 pm

I like Sheldon. Jim Parsons is the only reason why I watch The Big Bang Theory.

Seeker883
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2015, 12:37 am

Honestly my goal for my social life is "be more socially competent than Sheldon Cooper". Preferably I'd like to live as normal a life as possible, but as long as I can hold a conversation without offending someone, be flexible in my schedules, and not seem crazy in front of everyone I meet, I'm okay. If I'm honest I also hope to have a girlfriend while I'm still younger than Sheldon, too.

That being said, Sheldon is still tied with Raj as my favourite character from The Big Bang Theory. He's definitely the most sympathetic, too.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 12:52 am

Seeker883 wrote:
Honestly my goal for my social life is "be more socially competent than Sheldon Cooper". Preferably I'd like to live as normal a life as possible, but as long as I can hold a conversation without offending someone, be flexible in my schedules, and not seem crazy in front of everyone I meet, I'm okay. If I'm honest I also hope to have a girlfriend while I'm still younger than Sheldon, too.

That being said, Sheldon is still tied with Raj as my favourite character from The Big Bang Theory. He's definitely the most sympathetic, too.

Sheldon's also my favorite character, with Amy pulling a close second.

crystal20
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2015, 2:41 am

I never watch that Show...