Do you play a musical instrument?

Page 8 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Do you play a musical instrument?
Yes. 39%  39%  [ 228 ]
Yes. 40%  40%  [ 238 ]
No. 10%  10%  [ 59 ]
No. 11%  11%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 590

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I play no musical instrument.

I tried guitar lessons when I was 9. I wanted to go out and play baseball instead.

I also work in a library--in the morning.

Yeah, it's hard to stay interested when taking up an instrument.

I like libraries :D . They're nice and quiet.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

300series
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:47 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I started a new post because that quote was getting a little long :D .

It must be fun to work at a library. It's convenient how you can check out books, too!

Yeah- I honestly can't imagine myself driving! I'm seriously going to crash into something! I actually might have to learn while driving a minivan 8O . There is no way I could ever drive a bigger vehicle. :D

Do you like having autism/Asperger's?

Yes, it was getting very long.

I like working in a library. There is always a lot of interesting materials being returned, and I get to check everything in & shelve everything. I am good at it, and it is the only job I have had.

I used to get nervous about driving back when I was a student driver. I have had a few crashes, but they were not really bad, and they happened a long time ago. I have found that being careful & focused are critical, and they actually make driving easier. I could not drive a minivan or any bigger vehicle either; they are too big & cumbersome, and I would get too nervous.

I actually like having Asperger's syndrome. I think it makes me unique & who I am. I have special skills & talents that I do not think I would have without it. Since I have Asperger's syndrome, there are certain issues that are difficult for me to deal with, but I am able to work thru them. I do not want to be just like every one else; it would be boring.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:55 pm

300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

It must be fun to work at a library. It's convenient how you can check out books, too!

Yeah- I honestly can't imagine myself driving! I'm seriously going to crash into something! I actually might have to learn while driving a minivan 8O . There is no way I could ever drive a bigger vehicle. :D

I like working in a library. There is always a lot of interesting materials being returned, and I get to check everything in & shelve everything. I am good at it, and it is the only job I have had.

I used to get nervous about driving back when I was a student driver. I have had a few crashes, but they were not really bad, and they happened a long time ago. I have found that being careful & focused are critical, and they actually make driving easier. I could not drive a minivan or any bigger vehicle either; they are too big & cumbersome, and I would get too nervous.

I actually like having Asperger's syndrome. I think it makes me unique & who I am. I have special skills & talents that I do not think I would have without it. Since I have Asperger's syndrome, there are certain issues that are difficult for me to deal with, but I am able to work thru them. I do not want to be just like every one else; it would be boring.

Now I really want to work at a library! It must be so fun to see what people check out. My favorite book is called Don't Touch Me by Howie Mandel, my favorite AGT judge. I plan on checking it out again soon.

There may be some sort of Driver's class at my school, but I'm not sure. Hopefully I won't have to learn using a minivan!

Wow, you and I are the first :D ! I like having Asperger's too. It's part of who I am, and I could make a whole list of things I dislike about it, but complaining gets you nowhere, in my opinion. I don't want to be like everyone else either- that's way too boring! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

300series
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 10:39 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Now I really want to work at a library! It must be so fun to see what people check out. My favorite book is called Don't Touch Me by Howie Mandel, my favorite AGT judge. I plan on checking it out again soon.

There may be some sort of Driver's class at my school, but I'm not sure. Hopefully I won't have to learn using a minivan!

Wow, you and I are the first :D ! I like having Asperger's too. It's part of who I am, and I could make a whole list of things I dislike about it, but complaining gets you nowhere, in my opinion. I don't want to be like everyone else either- that's way too boring! :D

Yes, it is fun to see what people check out & return. It is always something new every day. Most of the time, I get to work independently, and I do not have to worry about working with the public & talk to people very much.

The schools I attended did not have driving classes, but my Dad found some very helpful instructors to teach me how to drive. They worked in a hospital & taught disabled individuals how to drive. They used cars which were customized with instruments & controls on both the driver's side & passenger's side of the car, so they could take control of the car in case I made a mistake while they drove with me. They did not use a minivan either, just regular sedans. I have never driven a minivan before.

Having Asperger's syndrome has its advantages & its disadvantages, but I am happy with it. I can do things that neurotypicals can not do, and I am grateful for the uniqueness of my life. I do not complain about having Asperger's syndrome. I just try to be who I am & do what makes me happy. It does not do any good to complain about something that you can not change about yourself.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 12:52 pm

300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yes, it is fun to see what people check out & return. It is always something new every day. Most of the time, I get to work independently, and I do not have to worry about working with the public & talk to people very much.

The schools I attended did not have driving classes, but my Dad found some very helpful instructors to teach me how to drive. They worked in a hospital & taught disabled individuals how to drive. They used cars which were customized with instruments & controls on both the driver's side & passenger's side of the car, so they could take control of the car in case I made a mistake while they drove with me. They did not use a minivan either, just regular sedans. I have never driven a minivan before.

Having Asperger's syndrome has its advantages & its disadvantages, but I am happy with it. I can do things that neurotypicals can not do, and I am grateful for the uniqueness of my life. I do not complain about having Asperger's syndrome. I just try to be who I am & do what makes me happy. It does not do any good to complain about something that you can not change about yourself.

Those driving classes seem pretty cool! It's good they used normal sized cars.

I agree about having Asperger's- I am happy with it :D . It's better to have problems and find ways to work around them than complain, in my opinion as well.

Did you go to any camps when you were younger? I'm going to one now :D .

300series
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:49 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Those driving classes seem pretty cool! It's good they used normal sized cars.

I agree about having Asperger's- I am happy with it :D . It's better to have problems and find ways to work around them than complain, in my opinion as well.

Did you go to any camps when you were younger? I'm going to one now :D .

Growing up, I always wanted to drive when I got older, and I was glad that my father found a good instructor for me. She was very patient with me & understood me well. I was also glad that her fleet had normal-sized cars instead of big minivans or oversized vehicles.

I have never complained about having Asperger's syndrome. I just accept it as being a part of who I am, and also found positive things about it.

I used to go camping with my family when I was a kid, but I never went to any other kind of camp. I never went to sixth grade camp or Summer camp either. Every year, my parents always made me go to Summer school. I know that now schools do not have Summer school any more. What is your camp like? I do not know anything about camps.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 3:56 pm

I hope I am able to find an instructor like that :D .

I know you would never complain about having Asperger's- I'm agreeing with you :D !

My summer camp is finally over, but we played games outside and had snack breaks and did things like that. I met a friend there that I was friends with my other friend last year, but we had never really been friends. We talk about my favorite teachers and going back to school soon :D !

300series
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 11:20 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I know you would never complain about having Asperger's- I'm agreeing with you :D !

My summer camp is finally over, but we played games outside and had snack breaks and did things like that. I met a friend there that I was friends with my other friend last year, but we had never really been friends. We talk about my favorite teachers and going back to school soon :D !

They were good driving instructors. I hope you do well with your driving lessons!

We both agree that it is good having Asperger's syndrome!

Your story about Summer camp was interesting. I am glad you had a good time there & made a friend. I have not gone camping in a really long time. I used to talk about my teachers with my parents. I always had good teachers, and there were a few of them that I really liked a lot. I still E mail one of my old teachers from high school that I really liked.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 10:38 am

300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

They were good driving instructors. I hope you do well with your driving lessons!

Your story about Summer camp was interesting. I am glad you had a good time there & made a friend. I have not gone camping in a really long time. I used to talk about my teachers with my parents. I always had good teachers, and there were a few of them that I really liked a lot. I still E mail one of my old teachers from high school that I really liked.

Thank you! I hope I am able to stay in my lane when I drive on the road.

Yup! Sorry it takes me so long to reply, by the way. I think we are in different time zones and I forget to check the stats subforum a lot :oops: .

Thank you! I don't normally make friends that fast or well, but since she was an acquaintance I had at school I guess it was easier. I have one teacher who I really like a lot, but apparently we aren't allowed at Back to School night (we were planning to see our old teachers there). It's sad how we can't see them anymore, but hopefully I will meet some good teachers this year. :D

300series
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 6:13 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Yup! Sorry it takes me so long to reply, by the way. I think we are in different time zones and I forget to check the stats subforum a lot :oops: .

Thank you! I don't normally make friends that fast or well, but since she was an acquaintance I had at school I guess it was easier. I have one teacher who I really like a lot, but apparently we aren't allowed at Back to School night (we were planning to see our old teachers there). It's sad how we can't see them anymore, but hopefully I will meet some good teachers this year. :D

Operating the steering wheel in a car just takes some getting used to; to stay in the lane when when you drive down the road, you just have to keep it straight & hold on to it tight. Once you get used to it, driving is a lot easier.

You can reply whenever you want to reply; I check the box on every topic I participate in which says Notify me when a reply is posted, so I get an E mail whenever I get a reply. I live in California, which is in the Pacific time zone.

I never made friends that fast or well either; however, I also knew some acquaintances who became friends. I guess it made it easier. When I went to school, I had a few teachers I really liked a lot too. I still saw them while I was still a student attending the school, even though I was not in their class any more. I never got to go to the Back To School nights either; in my school, they were only for the parents. During the Summer vacation, I always used to wonder what kind of teachers I would have when I returned for the next school year. I always felt uncomfortable on the first day of the school year, but they always turned out fine, and I quickly got used to being back in school again.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 6:48 pm

300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Operating the steering wheel in a car just takes some getting used to; to stay in the lane when when you drive down the road, you just have to keep it straight & hold on to it tight. Once you get used to it, driving is a lot easier.

You can reply whenever you want to reply; I check the box on every topic I participate in which says Notify me when a reply is posted, so I get an E mail whenever I get a reply. I live in California, which is in the Pacific time zone.

I never made friends that fast or well either; however, I also knew some acquaintances who became friends. I guess it made it easier. When I went to school, I had a few teachers I really liked a lot too. I still saw them while I was still a student attending the school, even though I was not in their class any more. I never got to go to the Back To School nights either; in my school, they were only for the parents. During the Summer vacation, I always used to wonder what kind of teachers I would have when I returned for the next school year. I always felt uncomfortable on the first day of the school year, but they always turned out fine, and I quickly got used to being back in school again.

My school went to a place with an arcade and Go Karts last year. I am not allowed on the Go karts because I crash them into the walls so many times :lol: ! I tried playing a driving arcade game at the place where you had a steering wheel and all you had to do was Turn the wheel a little bit and I couldn't even do it! Hopefully real driving isn't like that game, otherwise I'm doomed! Later when my friend went on the Go Karts, I was waiting for her and when my teacher asked why I wasn't on the Go Karts, he remembered and said, "Oh yeah, I saw you trying to steer that driving game :D ."

That's good :D ! I just feel bad because I don't notice the Stats forum right away and I sometimes forget about this forum. Yeah, we aren't in the same time zone!

My best friend is the teacher I mentioned in the paragraph above. Many (all) of my friends and acquaintances also have autism/autistic traits or OCD, like me. I also find it easier to make friends with previous acquaintances, since you have already seen them. It's weird because at our Back to School night, the seventh graders are allowed to go, but the eighth graders (the grade I am in) aren't. My favorite teacher/best friend person said my new friend and I could come, but we wouldn't be able to talk very much with the teachers. My other teacher basically said we shouldn't come at all. We don't know what we should do, because we really miss our teachers!

I think I have a really mean teacher this year (she yelled at me when I was in seventh grade). Hopefully I get nice teachers for other classes! :D

Did you like school? Which was better, the learning part, or the social part? I like both, but I like seeing my teachers best.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 9:53 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

My school went to a place with an arcade and Go Karts last year. I am not allowed on the Go karts because I crash them into the walls so many times :lol: ! I tried playing a driving arcade game at the place where you had a steering wheel and all you had to do was Turn the wheel a little bit and I couldn't even do it! Hopefully real driving isn't like that game, otherwise I'm doomed! Later when my friend went on the Go Karts, I was waiting for her and when my teacher asked why I wasn't on the Go Karts, he remembered and said, "Oh yeah, I saw you trying to steer that driving game :D ."

That's good :D ! I just feel bad because I don't notice the Stats forum right away and I sometimes forget about this forum. Yeah, we aren't in the same time zone!

My best friend is the teacher I mentioned in the paragraph above. Many (all) of my friends and acquaintances also have autism/autistic traits or OCD, like me. I also find it easier to make friends with previous acquaintances, since you have already seen them. It's weird because at our Back to School night, the seventh graders are allowed to go, but the eighth graders (the grade I am in) aren't. My favorite teacher/best friend person said my new friend and I could come, but we wouldn't be able to talk very much with the teachers. My other teacher basically said we shouldn't come at all. We don't know what we should do, because we really miss our teachers!

I think I have a really mean teacher this year (she yelled at me when I was in seventh grade). Hopefully I get nice teachers for other classes! :D

Did you like school? Which was better, the learning part, or the social part? I like both, but I like seeing my teachers best.

The arcade & Go Karts sound like fun! I have never done either one of them before. I have never been good at video games, and I have never driven a Go Kart before. I do not know if driving in real life is like the games or the Go Karts. When I was a student driver, turning the steering wheel was difficult when I began, but it gradually got easier the more I did it. The pedals were also confusing for me because I did not know which foot I was supposed to step on them with, and you have to operate the pedals & the steering wheel simultaneously. Also, every car is different, and they all have different driving characteristics, and every car feels different, so every car also takes some getting used to.

It seems like the Stats forum is more difficult to find, since it is at the end of the page, and I do not look at it as often as other topics. We are in different time zones, but I check my E mail & Wrong Planet every morning & evening.

From Kindergarten until most of fourth grade, I attended regular education in the public elementary school. My parents took me out of that school & transferred me to a small private school for special needs students. It was difficult for me to make friends when I was in school, especially with my classmates. I was always more comfortable around my teachers. I think it was just because they seemed to understand me & my Asperger's syndrome better. I also seemed to have more in common with them than my classmates. There were a few students that I was comfortable around who had autistic traits, and I got along with them better than other students. My schools had parent/teacher night, and I never went to them, but they my parents always returned home & said I was doing well in school.

I never liked my teachers in elementary school. They yelled at me & told me that I was doing badly in class, and they also gave me bad grades. Once I changed to the small private schools, I had good teachers, and I did a lot better in school, so my grades improved a lot. There were still some teachers that I did not really like, but most of them were good teachers who liked me & I got along well with.

I did not really like seventh or eighth grade very much because the subjects were boring, and I did not have any friends.

I liked school, and I have good memories of my school days. I liked both the learning & the social part. There were some subjects that I was good at, but other subjects were harder for me. I liked being social with my teachers & a few friends I had, and most of my teachers wanted me to learn how to be more sociable & make more friends.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 9:40 pm

It was really fun, especially with my teacher and friend there! I'm not that good at video games, and the Go Kart didn't go so well (like I mentioned in my last post :D ), but I still loved it. I even won one of those claw machine games! There were stuffed Pac Men and since they were round, it was very easy to win. Some people got like 10! I'm pretty sure I suck at driving a Go Kart, no matter what the pedals are :D .

I try to check this forum as much as possible. I should really subscribe to it, but I don't have my mobile device with me when I go out (I don't have a phone and I would need wifi anyway).

I completely get what you mean. I am still in a mainstream school, but I always like making friends with my teachers more. They get me, and they don't judge/question if I do something weird or get upset at a loud noise. I also get along with older people because, well, I'm not entirely sure. I just do, and I love seeing my favorite teacher. I went to my friend's birthday party today, and she has autistic traits as well. I never am part of the big group, I am always the one on the outside with other "outcasts." The good thing is, we don't have to be outcasts since we can make friends with each other.

I'm sorry your teachers were so mean to you. I know teachers like that, and I think I may even have a teacher like that this year. There are teachers I don't really care for as well, but the nice ones make up for them.

I am absolutely terrible at math (algebra is extremely difficult for me), but I am okay at history because my favorite teacher taught it last year. I have around 3-5 friends, and I also have a few people that don't really "count" as friends but they are still kind of there :D . It depends on your definition of "friend", really. Some people might say I have no friends, others might say I have a few, and others may say I have many.

Did you like high school? I hope I will like it. What did you like to do for fun? Were your special interests now the same as when you were little, or have they changed?

300series
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 12:15 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
It was really fun, especially with my teacher and friend there! I'm not that good at video games, and the Go Kart didn't go so well (like I mentioned in my last post :D ), but I still loved it. I even won one of those claw machine games! There were stuffed Pac Men and since they were round, it was very easy to win. Some people got like 10! I'm pretty sure I suck at driving a Go Kart, no matter what the pedals are :D .

I try to check this forum as much as possible. I should really subscribe to it, but I don't have my mobile device with me when I go out (I don't have a phone and I would need wifi anyway).

I completely get what you mean. I am still in a mainstream school, but I always like making friends with my teachers more. They get me, and they don't judge/question if I do something weird or get upset at a loud noise. I also get along with older people because, well, I'm not entirely sure. I just do, and I love seeing my favorite teacher. I went to my friend's birthday party today, and she has autistic traits as well. I never am part of the big group, I am always the one on the outside with other "outcasts." The good thing is, we don't have to be outcasts since we can make friends with each other.

I'm sorry your teachers were so mean to you. I know teachers like that, and I think I may even have a teacher like that this year. There are teachers I don't really care for as well, but the nice ones make up for them.

I am absolutely terrible at math (algebra is extremely difficult for me), but I am okay at history because my favorite teacher taught it last year. I have around 3-5 friends, and I also have a few people that don't really "count" as friends but they are still kind of there :D . It depends on your definition of "friend", really. Some people might say I have no friends, others might say I have a few, and others may say I have many.

Did you like high school? I hope I will like it. What did you like to do for fun? Were your special interests now the same as when you were little, or have they changed?

That is great that you had so much fun. I am not skilled at video games or Go Karts either. I have only done those claw machine games a few times, and I have never won them.

I do not have any mobile devices either. I just check Wrong Planet on my computer at my house. It is something I do for fun when I am at home.

I never had any friends in the mainstream school I attended, which is one of the reasons why my parents took me out of it & had me change schools. Even after changing schools, I could never make friends easily with my classmates. I always felt safer around my teachers. I have never been part of the big groups either, and I have always been an outcast too.

I wish my teachers were nicer to me too, but fortunately, I had more good teachers than bad teachers. I am sorry that you may have a teacher that you may not like. Good luck with your school year!

I was exactly the same way with math. I was absolutely terrible at math too. Algebra & geometry were the hardest subjects for me at school. I just never understood it, and none of it made any sense to me. I did not like gym or physical education class either. History was also okay for me too, and I also liked writing. I had a few "friends" in school, but they were mostly students who approached me & offered to be my friend, and also talked to me.

High school was an interesting time for me. My freshman year was strange & awkward for me because I was in a new school with new routines & curriculum, and I did not know any one there. I liked my sophomore & junior years the best because I had 2 great teachers in class, and they both became my favourite teachers. I got along really well with both of them, and we also had a lot in common. They cared a lot about me & the other students, and they were a lot of fun too. I was very sad during my senior year because I was assigned a new class with a new teacher that I did not like as much. I no-longer had my favourite teachers any more, and I missed being in their class. I still like to think about my days in high school, and remember the good times. I still E mail one of my teachers from my sophomore & junior years. My other teacher from those 2 years moved away a long time ago, and I wish I could still keep in touch with him too.

I hope you like high school too. It was a unique time for me, and it will probably be interesting for you too.

During high school, I really liked movies & music; they were 2 of my special interests that I liked to do for fun, and I still like them today. I would talk with my teachers about them, and we liked some of the same movies & music. One of my two favourite teachers really liked independent films, and he got me interested in them. I liked cars too, and I liked reading about them & talking with my teachers about them. I was also learning how to drive when I was in high school. I also liked photography, and I was in the yearbook club. I took pictures for the school yearbook, and it was a lot of fun. Another special interest I was was maps & atlases. I read them a lot when I was a kid, and I still like them today. I think my special interests are still the same, although they have changed a little bit; I have just added other interests to what I already like.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 4:29 pm

300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

That is great that you had so much fun. I am not skilled at video games or Go Karts either. I have only done those claw machine games a few times, and I have never won them.

I do not have any mobile devices either. I just check Wrong Planet on my computer at my house. It is something I do for fun when I am at home.

I never had any friends in the mainstream school I attended, which is one of the reasons why my parents took me out of it & had me change schools. Even after changing schools, I could never make friends easily with my classmates. I always felt safer around my teachers. I have never been part of the big groups either, and I have always been an outcast too.

I wish my teachers were nicer to me too, but fortunately, I had more good teachers than bad teachers. I am sorry that you may have a teacher that you may not like. Good luck with your school year!

I was exactly the same way with math. I was absolutely terrible at math too. Algebra & geometry were the hardest subjects for me at school. I just never understood it, and none of it made any sense to me. I did not like gym or physical education class either. History was also okay for me too, and I also liked writing. I had a few "friends" in school, but they were mostly students who approached me & offered to be my friend, and also talked to me.

High school was an interesting time for me. My freshman year was strange & awkward for me because I was in a new school with new routines & curriculum, and I did not know any one there. I liked my sophomore & junior years the best because I had 2 great teachers in class, and they both became my favourite teachers. I got along really well with both of them, and we also had a lot in common. They cared a lot about me & the other students, and they were a lot of fun too. I was very sad during my senior year because I was assigned a new class with a new teacher that I did not like as much. I no-longer had my favourite teachers any more, and I missed being in their class. I still like to think about my days in high school, and remember the good times. I still E mail one of my teachers from my sophomore & junior years. My other teacher from those 2 years moved away a long time ago, and I wish I could still keep in touch with him too.

I hope you like high school too. It was a unique time for me, and it will probably be interesting for you too.

During high school, I really liked movies & music; they were 2 of my special interests that I liked to do for fun, and I still like them today. I would talk with my teachers about them, and we liked some of the same movies & music. One of my two favourite teachers really liked independent films, and he got me interested in them. I liked cars too, and I liked reading about them & talking with my teachers about them. I was also learning how to drive when I was in high school. I also liked photography, and I was in the yearbook club. I took pictures for the school yearbook, and it was a lot of fun. Another special interest I was was maps & atlases. I read them a lot when I was a kid, and I still like them today. I think my special interests are still the same, although they have changed a little bit; I have just added other interests to what I already like.

I have an iPad, but it gets very annoying to type on it so I just use a laptop. It's much easier!

Thank you very much for the good luck! I am going to need it, as this teacher yells a lot. Fortunately, my previous teacher is right across the hallway, so maybe he will put in a good word for me :D .

I hat physical education! It's the worst! I am terrible at all the sports, so nobody ever wants me on their team. I enjoy writing as well. I have made one friend in my life who I apprached first, and that was only to ask if I could build puzzles.

I'm sorry you got separated from your teachers. That's sad :( . It's good how you can still contact one of them, though.

I hope I like high school. It seems pretty scary! Did you like any subjects in high school? Did math get any easier?

When I was younger, I used to be an avid reader, and that is still there, but mostly only for certain topics. It's cool how you were able to share your interests with your teachers- sometimes my favorite teacher asks me about Minecraft. What sort of maps do you like? It's cool how you were in the Yearbook Club. I'm planning to join my favorite teacher's club this year.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 6:50 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
300series wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I have an iPad, but it gets very annoying to type on it so I just use a laptop. It's much easier!

Thank you very much for the good luck! I am going to need it, as this teacher yells a lot. Fortunately, my previous teacher is right across the hallway, so maybe he will put in a good word for me :D .

I hat physical education! It's the worst! I am terrible at all the sports, so nobody ever wants me on their team. I enjoy writing as well. I have made one friend in my life who I apprached first, and that was only to ask if I could build puzzles.

I'm sorry you got separated from your teachers. That's sad :( . It's good how you can still contact one of them, though.

I hope I like high school. It seems pretty scary! Did you like any subjects in high school? Did math get any easier?

When I was younger, I used to be an avid reader, and that is still there, but mostly only for certain topics. It's cool how you were able to share your interests with your teachers- sometimes my favorite teacher asks me about Minecraft. What sort of maps do you like? It's cool how you were in the Yearbook Club. I'm planning to join my favorite teacher's club this year.

I used to have an iPad, and it was one of the early models. It worked well for the first few years, but it got "locked out" a few years ago. The last time I tried to use it, it showed a message on the display screen telling me to enter a code that I did not have. I do not even know if I still have it any more, and I do not know where it is now. Today, I only use my laptop computer, and I do not own any mobile devices. It is also much easier for me too.

I hope everything goes well for you in high school, and I hope that you are successful. I am sorry you have a bad teacher who yells a lot. Some of my teachers were that way too. Fortunately, I also had good teachers who defended me & looked out for me.

I hated physical education too! It was my worst subject too! I have never been a sports fan, and I never played any sports either. I was so bad at sports that I did not even know the rules of any sports, and I still do not know the rules today. None of my classmates wanted me to play on their teams either. I also really hated the disgusting boys' bathroom & locker room, and having to change in to the school's physical education uniforms that they made the students wear.

I liked writing, too. My favourite teacher from my sophomore & junior years was good at teaching writing, and I always got good grades at writing. I wrote some really good stories in his class. I sometimes did puzzles in school too, and other students would work on them with me too.

Senior year was a sad time for me, being in a new class without my 2 favourite teachers any more. They both still taught at the school during that year, and I would still see them during lunch time. I would still talk with them & tell them how I am doing, and how much I missed being in their class. I still like talking with the teacher who is still around, and we talk about the old times & I also update him on what I am doing now.

For the longest time, high school was scary too, but it gradually got better for me. The high school I attended was a small special education private school, which my parents felt was a better fit for me that the mainstream public high school that I lived near, which both of my neurotypical brothers attended. I liked a lot of subjects in school. I liked writing, English, grammar, biology, physical science, history, and advisory. They were subjects I was good at. Literature was okay; I liked reading the stories, but in my literature class, we had a textbook with stories where I had to answer questions about how well I read the story, which was harder for me, so I did not like it as much. I like music, but I did not like the music class I was in at school. Math gradually got easier the more I worked on it, but it was still difficult for me, especially when a new concept was introduced. A few times, I had to stay after school so my teacher could work with me privately & help me understand it better.

I am the same way with reading. I was an avid reader when I was younger too, but now I only like to read about topics which interest me. I liked sharing my interests with my teachers too, and they always seemed interested in hearing about things I liked. I like all different kinds of maps; I like world maps, road maps, online maps, ancient historical maps, and city maps. I even have a road atlas & a county map called The Thomas Guide in my car. I used to have a globe when I was younger, and I wish I still had it! Yearbook club was a lot of fun. I got to take pictures for the yearbook, and I also designed the yearbook & all of its pages with my teacher & classmates in the club. I still have all of my school yearbooks somewhere, and I liked reading them. I hope you enjoy your favourite teacher's club this year, and have fun at school!