Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 1:49 am

So, I just watched Cartoon Network’s new Green Lantern: The Animated Series…

First, I REALLY hate the cheap computer animation. It’s extremely distracting and feels like trying to play a really good game on a really bad computer. I kept getting the urge to replace my video card and crank-up the settings.

In spite of the poor graphics, I enjoyed the show quite a lot. The Guardian politics with Ganthet verses the rest of the council is interesting and the classic Hal/Kilowog team-up is entertaining as well. It looks like the first episode might be part of a bigger story arc, with Hal and Kilowog, 18 months away from Oa, hunting down lantern killers on the frontier of “Guardian Space.”

I’m glad to see Bruce Timm is producing the show. In spite of the bad art, it feels like the DCAU and I think it will be a good show (good enough to make me buy it by the episodes on PSN).

So, lantern fans, what do you guys think?

PS

I finally mustered up the courage to watch the live action movie as well. Structurally, it’s a bit of a wreck, but it has a good heart (i.e. it honored the source material). I read on Yahoo that in spite of its poor box-office, there will be a sequel.

My guess is DC/WB wants to construct a movie universe similar to Marvel’s starting with GL and Superman.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:42 pm

Kilowog busts Hal's balls...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjFKSShaarA&feature=related[/youtube]