Page 10 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 9:45 am

I started using Myfitnesspal 10 days ago also. I'm supposed to eat 1200 cal a day but I usually end up under 1000 cal. It tells me eating not enough calories would make my body go into starvation mode and slow metabolism.
It's hard for me to get 1200 cal just from healthy food. The only junk food I'm allowing myself is Luna protein bars. I have 1 or 2 of those a day and I could eat more but it's probably not a good idea. I feel like if I eat more than 1000 cal, I'm not going to lose weight.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 10:30 am

Yuzu wrote:
I started using Myfitnesspal 10 days ago also. I'm supposed to eat 1200 cal a day but I usually end up under 1000 cal. It tells me eating not enough calories would make my body go into starvation mode and slow metabolism.
It's hard for me to get 1200 cal just from healthy food. The only junk food I'm allowing myself is Luna protein bars. I have 1 or 2 of those a day and I could eat more but it's probably not a good idea. I feel like if I eat more than 1000 cal, I'm not going to lose weight.

For me it works fine, even eating trash. Try not to go under.

But I'm gonna be a slave to myfitnesspal forever, I think. Just because I'm so disorganized.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 11:39 am

1000Knives wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

For me it works fine, even eating trash. Try not to go under.

But I'm gonna be a slave to myfitnesspal forever, I think. Just because I'm so disorganized.

I'm female, twice your age and have little muscle so I can't afford to eat junk food...

I like myfitnesspal, it has a surprisingly vast food database.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 7:43 am

I'm not overweight, but I still find it a struggle to keep my weight stable. Here's the story:
I was fat when I was a kid. Then, when I was thirteen, I grew two inches and lost twenty pounds. I'm the same size I was right after I lost the weight, but I still have episodes when I eat too much (like I did when I was younger) for a while, and then pulling myself out before I gain weight takes work. If I teach myself to like healthy foods and eat to live, instead of living to eat, I won't have to use massive amounts of self-control every day to keep myself from reaching the weight I was when I was younger. That's why I'm going on a no-sugar diet. But if I say that I want to diet, people are like, "You don't need to diet; trust me, you look great." It's not about losing weight, though; it's about avoiding weight gain with less effort.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2013, 2:37 am

^^^
what do you think about dr. joel furhmann's G-BOMBS diet?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2013, 5:51 am

So I'm down to around 175 now. I had a freak 174 reading but I've pretty rarely weighed myself in the morning. Switched from a 1000 cal deficit to a 500 cal one. Basically eating whatever the hell, as long as calories fit. I can't cook as much as I used to because of my uncle living with me.

I'm guessing 170 I'll look close to how I wanna look, but I may have to cut into 165? I was calipered at 159 lean mass at 189, so I don't know how much I lost for lean mass. Either way besides losing some weight on my overhead press (and that seems to be more lack of calories) athletic performance seems to be getting better at a lower bodyweight.

What else. Trying not to eat too late at night.