Page 8 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 2:52 pm

So I got some vegetarian chicken pieces from the Asian market. I figure I'll probably get about 3-4 servings out of this 2.25 bag of it. The pieces are soy protein and seitan (wheat gluten) mixed, and I don't find them to taste terribly bad. They're honestly a good deal for me, as they're cheap, and unlike actual meat, they pretty much take less prep time. I gotta boil them for like 5ish minutes to eat them, but besides that, easier. No freezer or fridge required either, and they'll pretty much never go bad ever. They work wonderful for stir fries and stuff, and they're pretty light calorie wise. I need to eat a lot cleaner to lose weight by summer, I'm guessing about 170 pounds would be a good target weight, as I've put on more muscle, so as far as BMI numbers go, not that it matters all the time, it'd put me at 25, which would make me look a bit more reasonable. Right now, for skating, I look sorta unorthodox, as compared to most of the other male skaters, I look like a football linebacker.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 3:02 pm

My wife made big, juicy homemade hamburgers last night! (A rare treat, which makes it okay diet-wise.) SOOOOOO good!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 2:16 am

i miss eating all that good-tasting food. :( unfortunately, if it tastes good, chances are that it isn't so good for you. :roll:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 2:38 am

I went on two major food shopping trips today:
Got tofu and eggplant and lasagna noodles for the first time, to use for a lasagna to take to a potluck on Thursday. :)
Everyone's supposed to bring a dish, so I'll take that, and make whipped cauliflower for bf to take,
which I've found is a great substitute for mashed potatoes for us carb lovers.
Also got onions and crushed tomatoes, as well as canned soups and some stuff to bake cakes for the rents and bf for V-day-
he's partial to marble cake, and for them I'm planning on a red velvet layer cake with almonds and vanilla icing.
They had no fresh basil, though. :(

I'm at 115.4- was inspired to go get 3 new pairs of jeans!
Going to get back to the gym Wednesday, hopefully.
Been out a week!

to his Interest."

Ldog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2012, 8:04 am

Hi!
I've been big for as long as I can remember.
I'm about 169cm and 119kg's and I'm 17 (18 in May)

About 2 years ago I went on the Atkins diet and it worked great! I lost 10 kilos in 4 weeks! I had never felt so happy in my life! Even though I still weighed 100, I didn't even feel fat! ( I felt chubby, not fat)

My meal plan was (basically):

2 pieces of bacon and 2 fried eggs or 2 boiled eggs for brekkie
A salad for lunch (lettuce, chicken or ham, Caesar dressing, Parmesan cheese, onion)
Chicken breast with salad, bacon and eggs, or a meat patty (or 2) with a slice of cheese for dinner
Water! And lots of it!
Nuts, cheese, pepperoni sicks (Twiggie sticks) and mini tuna tins, plain or flavored, are some good snack choices. Make sure the amount you snack on is about the size of your palm.
(Seems like a lot, but this diet is high fat, low carb diet. Anyone feel free to correct me if I've said something that's wrong, but that's what I ate)

I walked home from school 99% of the time during my school years (I graduated last year). It took me about an hour, but once it took me 45 minutes (I was on turbo-drive that day) For any diet, exercise is crucial! 30 minutes a day, minimum (I'm sure you all know this)
As well as walking home, me and my mum went for a 30 minute walk in the park most days, so I got about an hour and a half of walking (excluding weekends). I did sit ups for about 10 minutes, and push-ups for about 5.

Tips from me to you:
Having a dieting partner increases the chance you'll stick to it because you can motivate each other. Also, having someone else to walk with decreases the boredom of walking.
Have music when you exercise! It makes the time go quicker, you don't think about the pain/strain of exercise, and (for me at least) it makes you walk faster (I walked in time to the beat of a song)
Make sure you have stocked up on the foods you need so you don't stand in front of the fridge or pantry looking for something to eat. You'll be more likely to just give in and eat something bad.

I hope this helps you (It's making me want to go back on it hehe)

Oh..I almost forgot! Keep motivated! When you weigh yourself and see you've lost weight, it's the best feeling! Keep your mind on your goal! Stay positive!

(Please don't hate on me for any of this. I'm new, but wanting to make a good impression :) )

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2012, 6:27 am

Ldog wrote:
Hi! I've been big for as long as I can remember.I'm about 169cm and 119kg's and I'm 17 (18 in May)About 2 years ago I went on the Atkins diet and it worked great! I lost 10 kilos in 4 weeks! I had never felt so happy in my life! Even though I still weighed 100, I didn't even feel fat! ( I felt chubby, not fat)(Please don't hate on me for any of this. I'm new, but wanting to make a good impression :) )

hiya Ldog :)
welcome to our weightloss club 8)
small [manageable] steps eventually will get you where you wanna go.

Draco1987
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2013, 8:35 am

stats first 230lbs 5'9 3/4" mostly fat lol

plan is hopefully to reduced my portion size to a much smaller amount ex: 1 burrito form taco bell instead of 3
get about the same amount as exercise as usual while still trying to increase it any way possible , the possibilities are limited due to work times (night shift bites)
current exercise = janitorial work at a garage 18 hours a week
looking for feedback

Draco1987
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2013, 7:06 pm

stats first 230lbs 5'9 3/4" mostly fat lol

plan is hopefully to reduced my portion size to a much smaller amount ex: 1 burrito form taco bell instead of 3
get about the same amount as exercise as usual while still trying to increase it any way possible , the possibilities are limited due to work times (night shift bites)
looking for feedback

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 5:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
i miss eating all that good-tasting food. :( unfortunately, if it tastes good, chances are that it isn't so good for you. :roll:

Do it as I do....driving 20 km with the bicycle to a well known butcher, buying wonderful already marinated steaks, driving 20 km back home: Eat them without any regrets. ^^

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 10:02 pm

I'm about to get my first high powered commercial quality blender, called The Blendtec. I'll be using it every day, to make smoothies, or juices, soups, nut butters, nut milks, salad dressings, sauces, and even vegetarian patties! I think I found myself a new, healthy obsession... 8) There's no way I'm going back to being unhealthy after I get this mean machine!

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 10:19 pm

Pondering wrote:
I'm about to get my first high powered commercial quality blender, called The Blendtec. I'll be using it every day, to make smoothies, or juices, soups, nut butters, nut milks, salad dressings, sauces, and even vegetarian patties! I think I found myself a new, healthy obsession... 8) There's no way I'm going back to being unhealthy after I get this mean machine!

Can you let me know how well it works? I have a ninja blender and it works pretty well, but there are limits to how well I can blend something.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 5:49 pm

Draco1987 wrote:
stats first 230lbs 5'9 3/4" mostly fat lol plan is hopefully to reduced my portion size to a much smaller amount ex: 1 burrito form taco bell instead of 3
looking for feedback

hiya Draco :)
you asked for feedback so here it is- just eliminate white food from your diet, and your battle of the bulge is mostly done! by white food I mean anything with sugar or white flour or starch in it, as well as giving up fruit juice/sugary sodas. that means drastically cutting back on things like potatoes and white flour tortillas. corn also is to be limited. replace these items with things like quinoa and oats and multicolored veggies. if you must have bread, pumpernickel and rye are slower-metabolizing compared to things like whole wheat bread. if you make salad the main dish [as dr. Joel Fuhrman recommends] that will take the edge off your appetite if you eat the salad first before you eat anything else. always drink a full glass of water [sweetened with the 0-calorie thing of your choice] with each meal. you will feel better if you keep well-hydrated, especially when you exercise. speaking of that, the best exercise you could do at this point would be to just fast-walk for at least a half-hour each day, and if there are hills to climb so much the better. walk as though you are late for work, and the weight will come off. I do these things and I have successfully lost weight on this regimen. of course, your mileage may vary, as they say.
good luck to you :)
bruce

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 10:10 pm

Sure I can do that. I also have a ninja blender and you're right, there are limits to how well it blends things. It also smokes sometimes. Anywho, should be getting the blender soon. I'll update when I get it working. I believe I'll be breaking it in with a kale shake of some kind.

MDD123 wrote:
Pondering wrote:

Can you let me know how well it works? I have a ninja blender and it works pretty well, but there are limits to how well I can blend something.

Draco1987
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 May 2013, 7:58 am

hmm i think im about to start losing lots of wieght because i just dont want to eat the majority of all food everywhere lol watch food inc on youtube and you might feel the same

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 12:15 pm

I got the blender. It's awesome! I can now say my kale shakes are smooth like silk. It makes stuff really fast too (30 seconds for smoothies option), so it's a good time saver as well.

MDD123 wrote:
Pondering wrote:

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 6:51 pm

Pondering wrote:
I got the blender. It's awesome! I can now say my kale shakes are smooth like silk. It makes stuff really fast too (30 seconds for smoothies option), so it's a good time saver as well.
MDD123 wrote:
Pondering wrote:

I like those results, smooth kale is better than what I get. For what I put through the blender (including beets and cauliflower), I go from large chunks to smaller ones. Thanks for the info.