Page 42 of 45 [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Bellator
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Sep 2015, 7:54 pm

I have been diagnosed with autism at ten years old and have had bipolar showing its ugly face in my mid teens. I never did get treatment back then because my mother thought I was just being a dramatic hypochondriac: that was up until April of this year when I got let go in my last job due to bipolar symptoms getting progressively worse (didn't help that I was getting exploited at work, but that's another story).

Anyways I am very worried because I have tried suicide once already three years ago and am finding I go through fleeting thoughts of trying again. By fleeting I mean that I'll be performing at my highest peak one minute and then a minute later I'm starting to think of lethal methods to put myself down.

Last time I went to the hospital over reoccurring episode I was locked up for two weeks- the entire process made me feel humiliated and dehumanized.

Is there any hope?

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 2:51 am

YOUR

GUTS

MAY

BE

MAKING

YOU

NUTS

Sorry had to shout , hopefully it helps some one , doctors certainly didn't , good luck.

wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=292660

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm

Bellator wrote:
I have been diagnosed with autism at ten years old and have had bipolar showing its ugly face in my mid teens. I never did get treatment back then because my mother thought I was just being a dramatic hypochondriac: that was up until April of this year when I got let go in my last job due to bipolar symptoms getting progressively worse (didn't help that I was getting exploited at work, but that's another story).

Anyways I am very worried because I have tried suicide once already three years ago and am finding I go through fleeting thoughts of trying again. By fleeting I mean that I'll be performing at my highest peak one minute and then a minute later I'm starting to think of lethal methods to put myself down.

Last time I went to the hospital over reoccurring episode I was locked up for two weeks- the entire process made me feel humiliated and dehumanized.

Is there any hope?

I would try b12 shots (hydroxocobalamin). They greatly helped stabilized my moods. Sometimes I still have ups and downs but they are very miniscule and something that only I can notice- so no one can accuse me of being bipolar. IF you don't have access to the injections you can also buy the lozenges online. I recommend methylcobalamin for the lozenges. Let me know if this helps! Also, try to cut out gluten and sugar. I noticed after eating these things that I would become super emotional and hysterical.

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm

I am an HFA and bipolar.

There, I said it. It feels good to say it. I am not ashamed.

RubyTates
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Sep 2015, 12:56 pm

pensieve wrote:
Well, the government is forcing me to find a job despite being on disability, and still without no diagnosis or treatment.

I kind of think well I'll go along with it and maybe if some people saw my symptoms they will actually believe and I'll get that diagnosis.

Problem is I will have to be put into a situation that will make me so stressed out I may break down. I need to stop being so scared of having a panic attack and just see what happens. That's how desperate I am for treatment, to put myself in the worst possible situation so I end up doing something that may be potentially harmful to me.

I have another sister living with me and my sister now and she is such a skeptic she doesn't think I can ever be hyper - my code word for 'manic' so I've barely brought up my mood disorder symptoms with her.

Not sure how many years I can leave without any treatment. Oh and my anti-anxiety meds are hardly working anymore.

Have you tried b12 shots (hydroxocobalamin)? That's the only thing that worked for me. No amount of drugs or "treatment" from doctors would help me. I also cut all SUGAR and GLUTEN out of my diet because I noticed that after I ate those things that I would become horribly manic. Beer is absolutely horrible because it made out of wheat. These are some pretty drastic life changes to make, but it sounds like you are desperate for a solution and willing to try anything else. I would definitely recommend starting there and trying to live a healthier lifestyle. If you need any help or suggestions, feel free to PM me.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 9:03 pm

I haven't got a solid diagnosis of bipolars, but I could ask for an assessment, they say they only keep a record of AS for 10 years after diagnosis and it gets erased, well it has been over 15 years so a clinical psychologist would probably the best bet. Depends how understanding the GP will be. I certainly show most of the symptoms of Bipolar but i'm not one to self-diagnose.

Squirrel Girl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2015, 9:03 am

Several doctors have suggested that I may also have Bipolar 2. I had a misdiagnosis of ADHD prior to the testing & official aspergers diagnosis. I made the mistake of taking Vivanse & later Zenzedi. These amphetamines plunged me into full blown bipolar that landed me in inpatient rehab. Now that I am off those meds there are still mood swings.
The swings make it difficult for me to know how many responsibilities to take on. When I am on the high, I truly will believe that I can do so much. Then when I crash, it is such a disaster & I feel like a failure. My diagnosis is very recent so I am still adjusting, trying to figure out the right balance for my life. The addition of Bipolar 2 definitely complicates things. Please share if you have found any coping strategies that have helped you.

eb7249a
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2015, 9:37 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm new here, but i've been trying to get my bipolar condition under control for almost 10 years. I went through years of self-medicating on drugs to anti-depressants and finally I have found good combination that even enables me to want to interact with new people, even with Aspergers. I look forward to meeting yall! I'm a 22 yr old graduate student.

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jun 2016, 2:08 pm

Hello, i don't have aspergers or bipolar disorder but my big bro chris has both and often he gets EXTREMELY violent where he breaks furniture, smashes windows says bad words, screams roars and hits and attacks my family members. usually he's happy but it happens...

when this happens and he has a bipolar asperger meltdown he is sent to a mental hospital known as Circles of Care for a few days :cry:

i can't qoute anything he says here, he says f word and bad words :( :cry:

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2016, 9:39 am

The beauty of having ASD with Bipolar is like having front row seats to your own destruction. Not being able to do jack about it, but still intently watching it crumble around you.

Being lost one day, to not caring the next. Depression serving as the reminder to your own logic. With mania offering ignorance from it.

The only thing stopping me from killing myself is the vain hope of living the way i want to at some point.

SaddeningBore
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2016, 1:34 am

I don't have much to say, as I'm rather drained, frankly exhausted, but I'll check in.

Scythe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2016, 5:29 pm

How does one go about life when you consistently go through extreme mood swings and then you find you have to explain why you gave a speech about how horrible humanity is and how much life sucks. I often find myself wishing I was "normal", well normal enough to get by easier. I never even know how to articulate this roller coaster of moods. :( I sometimes wish I could hide far away from everyone. :?

CuddleFrogs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2016, 4:00 pm

There are times I wish I was just autistic and not also bipolar. Autism makes things slightly harder, but combined with bipolar, I feel like a mess. Bipolar is something I wish I didn't have, and wouldn't wish on anyone else. It's a miserable condition that I feel people look down upon more than other conditions. Most people see bipolar people as scary or "not right in the head". In reality, though, bipolar is a real medical condition, with a physiological basis. In other words, it's the same as having a physical problem that requires medication...it just manifests differently.

sternburg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2016, 10:04 am

Hello. I've got 3 diagnosis, ASD, ADHD and schizoaffective disorder.

I take medication to stabilize my moods and to prevent delirium, Solian 50mg and Abilify 5mg + Ritaline.

My schizoaffective disorder affects my life a lot, it seems that I tend to hold contradictory positions or feelings simultaneously, and to behave in ways that lead to my disadvantage, and ruin my life. Delirium can be very extended and structured.

neurotypicalET
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2016, 7:50 am

Can a person tell if he/she is bi polar...?can it be self diagnosed?...

neurotypicalET
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2016, 7:56 am

And why is my age 27 on the board when last time I remembered... I posted year of birth 1980... 8O