Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MomtoJoeJoe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Dec 2011, 9:01 pm

So, we were at the candy store last night and the song "cupid shuffle" came on the speakers. My 6 year old says to me, "mama, do you remember where this song is from?", I was like um, I dunno the radio? He was like "no it is the song that Chuck E. danced to at Chuck E. Cheese, rememeber?" Yes, I remember now but that was well over a year ago!! !!

Blueskygirl
Raven
Raven

05 Dec 2011, 3:06 am

My little girl is the same way! ! She astounds me with the stuff she comes up with.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 6:01 am

My 6yr old still talks about things that happened when was about 2yrs old, which I'd forgotten about until she mentioned them.

Mama_to_Grace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2011, 2:28 pm

While watching a tv show my daughter once saw a book spine on a bookshelf in the background and stated where she had seen that exact book before!

Her long term visual memory is incredible.

My daughter's class has 92 spelling words each week. My daughter has a 100% every time. Once she learns how a word looks spelled she can remember it.

cjn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2011, 11:05 am

Ditto for my son- he is 14 but can remember things that happened when he was 3..not all things but things that made a big impression on him . He can remember every season of "24" "The Office" and other TV shows we've watched....character names, dialogue, plot, really detailed stuff.....it amazes us.

But...he can't remember to take out the garbage every Sunday or use soap in the shower, or to close the door behind him in the winter. etc.. ...we are working on the short term memory stuff.

Our phone has a "reminder" feature where you can record reminders to yourself for any time you want...my son discovered it and he has not set the phone to ring at 6:00 every Sunday night. We'll see how that goes