What kind of clothes do you wear? Are they "normal"

Page 2 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FeelTheFear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2011, 2:32 am

I wear what's stylish combined with what I think is cool. You really can't go wrong with that. Dressing too odd/dressing badly is one of the fastest ways to get labeled badly

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 5:24 am

T shirts, khakis, crocs in the summer.
Hoodies, jeans, sneakers in the winter.

Spring and fall I add a hooded jacket to my summer outfit. There are no exceptions.

No clothes that are too bright, and I never wear skirts apart from school uniforms.

AlastorX
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2011, 5:58 am

The material I absolutely, one hundred percent, cannot stand is wool.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 6:13 am

I wear stylish things what are still comfortable. I usually wear skinny jeans and boots, and a T-shirt under a hoodie (not a sports hoodie, just a girly sort of hoodie). And in the summer I mainly wear shorts or half-masts, a T-shirt, a zippy jacket if it's breezy, and sandels if it's really hot or trainers with ankle socks if it's cooler.

I don't like wearing stupid things like polo-shirts with the 3 buttons, oh my god those are so not me!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! And I don't know why but it annoys me when people do all 3 buttons up.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 6:22 am

I can only wear jeans and sneakers or doc marten's. My back and knees don't do heels, so I can't wear skirts. I try to balance the teenagey feel of this by wearing close fitting tops, so I at least look female.

9of47
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2011, 7:00 am

I usually wear metal t-shirts and jeans with converse shoes or doc marten boots. Sometimes with a long sleeved black or grey sweatshirt underneath and/or a hoodie (either my black one or my navy university one). Occasionally I wear more gothic style clothes, which includes skirts and dresses.

When I feel like it I also have nerdy tees and colourful, more conventional clothes but I gained a lot of weight in 2010 and its taking some time to get back into most of my older clothes.

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2011, 7:07 am

I only have one type of t-shirt. I have about 7 of them and they are all exactly the same except for the colour; some black, some pink, some green.
During the day I have 3 pairs of pyjama pants that I wear in rotation. If I have to leave the house, I have two pairs of jogging bottoms I also wear in rotation. I own jeans but I never wear them because I find them so uncomfortable.

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2011, 7:12 am

I said before I have a pretty big collection of hemp and hand woven cotton clothing that is coarse but fairly fine and very comfy(and all in colours across the spectrum) the only "normal" clothes I have are sarcastic/funny shirts and 2 pairs of jeans that I wear when my friends insist I dress like a human.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 8:08 am

On a normal day, at this time of year, I wear bootcut or boyfriend jeans, Skechers walking shoes/ trainers, a jumper/sweater/pullover (depending on where you stay) and an anorak (waterproof jacket) in a fairly bright colour, purple just now. I'm tidy, dressed for comfort mainly, but I try to co-ordinate colours. But, if there's really heavy rain, I wear black wellies and dark green waterproof trousers, along with my purple anorak, as that's the only ones I have and I'm not buying new ones just so they match. So dressing for the weather is more important than style. I've dressed like this for as long as I can remember. However, if the need arises, I can dress to impress.

JaeDee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Dec 2011, 8:14 am

all my clothes are to small for me, i cannot stand the idea of replacing them. luckily they still fit. they're all Smalls or Mediums while my size is a Medium. also i can only wear clothes that match in a natural colour sequence, like brown and green. as those occur naturally and commonly together. and i almost always wear two shirts at a time.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 8:33 am

My style of clothing is pretty dull. I don't like to be flashy and stand out too much.
I wear blue jeans & cotton (only) button down loose fitting shirts. Mostly earth-tones or black.
And sneakers.

Diagnosed in 2005

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 9:36 am

Over the years I have accumulated nearly fifty t shirts.

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2011, 10:09 am

I wear jeans all the time now, but I wouldn't wear them at all when I was younger. So much so that it became a "thing" in my family that I wouldn't wear jeans. Now I don't feel comfortable wearing much different, I wear sweatpants at home but in public I feel they are too thin and I would rather wear my lovely wide-leg, too long and dragging the ground jeans.
I pretty much have a uniform. Summer is a black tank top (preferably, but I will wear other colors if you can't see through them) and jeans, baggy khaki capris if it's just ridiculously hot. The rest of the year I wear solid-color shirts of varying warmths, usually in colors like blue, teal, green and grey. Typically I don't wear shoes in the summer, but since we moved out of the south and to northern Nevada, that might have to change.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 12:17 pm

white Hanes cotton tagless under-t-shirt
blue or black Champion cotton tagless t-shirt with a very small logo in the upper left of the shirt
boxers
Levi's 505 jeans with the leather patch on the back carefully removed so that it doesn't touch me
white Hanes crew socks
black New Balance shoes

I hate clothes that are too loose or too tight, but even worse is clothes that are too loose in some areas and too tight in others. For instance, boot-cut jeans tend to be tight everywhere except around the ankles where they flare out and are loose.
I hate fabrics that are staticky, like polyester or wool.
I hate fabrics that have unusual textures, like felt or microfiber.
I hate fabrics that catch on skin, like silk and nylon(and both silk and nylon feel oily).
I hate fabrics that are too thin, like khaki. I think wearing thin or loose clothing would be like wearing women's clothes.
I hate fabrics that are too thick, like corduroy(and corduroy has a weird texture that I hate).
I hate fabrics that are too rough. For instance, there's a type of shirt which feels like burlap, and I think it was designed to not get wet when you sweat.
I hate decals(like what are often put on the front of shirts), because I can feel them through the shirt and I do not want to feel them.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 12:31 pm

Well a lot of times I dress like an oldschool metalhead(because I deeply enjoy metal music)....or actually a metalhead of any decade ripped jeans and a band shirt never seems to go out of style for metalheads. I even have a denim vest with band patches on it.

I also try to dress in clothes that reflect my intrest in 60's psychedelic rock, or I just dress like a staight up hippie, so vintage stuff and stuff that looks vintage but is new(yes I admit I feel like a hipster bastard anytime I buy something new just because it looks oldschool, but I can't help it).

And depending on my mood determines if I dress more like a female or male....I am not much into any current fashion trends or anything.

DreamSofa
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2011, 1:02 pm

I like classic - rather than trendy - clothing (eg Boden, Jaeger, Jigsaw, Whistles and White Company) and wear only dresses or skirts with blouses or jumpers. I can't wear heels due to poor balance so I like to wear leopard print or prettily coloured / decorated flats.