Page 6 of 11 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 4:04 pm

I remember when...South Park did this episode, it was pretty much all of last season...

300series
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 3:25 pm

I remember when cars had bench seats which could accommodate six people; three people in the front seat & three people in the back seat.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 12:02 am

I remember Zugly.
I remember the cold war and the fear of nuclear war.
I remember the iron curtain.
I remember how fun it was to see ads on Sky Channel when I watched Fun Factory Show and DJ Kat Show

and now I'm nostalgic again :lol:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

300series
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 10:46 am

I remember when telephone companies used to advertise their local & long-distance calling plans & services on television, and they also promoted their "ten-ten" telephone number services, like "10-10-220", "10-10-321", and "10-10-345." I also remember collect call services advertised on television like 1-800-COLLECT & 1-800-CALL-ATT.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 11:26 am

I remember when St. Petersburg was called Leningrad and it was a safe city to walk alone at night.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 11:43 am

I remember when my mother had to walk around the corner to my gran's house to make a phone call.

I remember the original Thunderbirds TV series from the 60s. In fact... I only watched an episode a few days ago (in glorious colour) as I've got the whole lot on DVD... woohoo!

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 12:34 pm

I remember when my daughter put the oven on but forgot to put the dinner in it.

It wasn't that long ago actually.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 12:42 pm

I remember when parents, teachers, and politicians used to complain about cartoons & other childrens' television shows because they had no educational content, and they had too much advertising for junk foods & toys based on the shows. The government eventually got involved & set up new, strict guidelines that television stations must show educational programming intended to make kids smarter, and also regulated the advertising during the shows. These requirements put an end to the cartoons that used to be shown on weekend mornings & weekday afternoons.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 2:47 pm

300series wrote:
I remember when a $20.00 bill was enough money to completely fill up a car's gasoline tank at a service station.

I remember when it cost me 30 bucks to fill my whole car in the year 2004. It was like buying a Game Boy Advance game.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 5:58 pm

League_Girl wrote:
300series wrote:
I remember when a $20.00 bill was enough money to completely fill up a car's gasoline tank at a service station.

I remember when it cost me 30 bucks to fill my whole car in the year 2004. It was like buying a Game Boy Advance game.

I remember when gas was 27 cents a gallon and people were really upset when it went up 50 cents.

I remember when bleacher seats at a major league baseball game were 50 cents and box seats were $8.00.

I remember afternoon newspapers and they were delivered by a "paper boy" on a bicycle.

I remember when you had to walk up to the TV to do everything, power it on and off, change the channel, adjust the volume and brightness.

Later on, I remember when cable TV came we were amazed to have a choice of thirty channels even though every time it poured the picture turned to "snow".

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 6:08 pm

I remember when all shops had cash registers

And no-one had credit cards

And entrance to university was on merit alone

And there were no homeless people (at least not in New Zealand)

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 8:20 pm

I remember when there were only three TV channels in the UK.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 9:19 pm

When I went to Germany, they had three major television stations as well. I remember really cute commercials with Uncle Otto and heard about Whiskas cat food for the first time.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:02 am

IstominFan wrote:
When I went to Germany, they had three major television stations as well. I remember really cute commercials with Uncle Otto and heard about Whiskas cat food for the first time.

I remember when Whiskas cat food was still called Kal Kan Crave cat food, and when they changed their name to Whiskas cat food.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:49 am

I remember when everybody had much less than most people have now, and nobody every complained about having too little.

I remember people spending time together. I remember adult men just sitting together, maybe smoking, and staring out of the window, not saying much.

I remember when the US and the Soviet Union were locked in an battle about which economic system would deliver the most happiness to people, capitalism or communism. Now it seems people have so little hope for this life that all they can think of is the afterlife.

Sorry. The nostalgia hit me hard tonight.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:55 pm

wow you people are old. :lol:

i remember....tracking the 2008 atlantic hurricane season very closely.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.