Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 3:06 am

Shall we spend more time on doing something in real?

Or both ways are just equally ineffective to us?

Is there a better way to spend our time with, instead of being here, talking but do nothing?

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 3:11 am

However-if we actually spend all these time in real, could this make our lives better at all?

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 3:12 am

why not talk here and do something?

some of us do,
if only by living the life people need to be self sufficient and happy, it will still be something.
once you have taken care of yourself you can start to care for others.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 6:50 am

I live exactly what I say here. This isn't an either-or deal.

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 9:16 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I live exactly what I say here. This isn't an either-or deal.

So hardcore. :hail:

awes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2011, 9:12 am

My love, it depends on what you expect from life and from the situation you are in.
If you are not able to invest time in things you would productively benefit from at the moment, for example if the situation restricts you, the place you are or the lack of opportunities to develop yourself through more useful things, or if you are just physically or mentally too tired to do something productive you can withouth any regret invest your time in thinking and communicating.
If it motivates you, you would probably even be more productive in the long run. You can't go forcing something if it's just not right^^
But it should always lead into the direction you want to go. If you haven't got an aim each direction would be the wrong one.

---> ;D http://www.youtube.com/user/IIIIIawesIIIII

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME!

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2011, 2:11 pm

What do you mean by "real"? Do you not think that sitting at a computer and typing messages is real?

If you mean real is going out and meeting people, or cinema, or reading, or watching tv, or going on holiday. Then they are no more real than this.

If you are a young person, then I think its very important to go out and face the real world and not sit on a computer, or xbox etc. But often going out into the real world was what caused me lots of stress.

Do you have a job? Maybe if you have a job then that is real for you, but most jobs are just sitting at some computer or machine anyway.

At least on this site you can get involved in interesting discussions and learn things that you may not learn out in the real world talking to people in a bar or cafe.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2011, 2:29 pm

As a guy who makes a living (and a good one) completely through the internet, I am tired of people saying it is not real.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2011, 5:20 pm

Personally, I only really post on these dumb forums out of nervous compulsion. I am fairly busy in "real" most of the time, and this crap is something I do when I feel my wheels are spinning ineffectually in the mud, especially when I'm under pressure.

And frankly, I think that we are under-using the Internet's potential. I get extremely annoyed with people who seem to believe that our misuse of this powerful resource is due to an inherent fault or short-coming associated with the resource, rather than just the typical tendency of human beings to turn something perfectly worthwhile into useless trash given half a chance. In Egypt, where they didn't have the option of treating it as a useless toy, it helped shape a revolution, for better or for worse.