No 37%  37%  [ 47 ]
Total votes : 126

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 6:40 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
NorthPark wrote:

How did the fellow aspies felt when you shot a gun for the first time?

Pretty F'in good since I read every gun magazine and book I could get my hands on since I was 8 or 9 (this was pre-internet :P ). I had pellet guns from around the age of 10. Turned 18 and bought a 12 gauge and HK USP 9mm, bought a case of 9mm and a case of shells and off too the range. I have literally put over 100,000 rounds through the USP and it still puts the entire magazine in one hole at 25m.

Wow!

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:08 pm

slave wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
NorthPark wrote:

Pretty F'in good since I read every gun magazine and book I could get my hands on since I was 8 or 9 (this was pre-internet :P ). I had pellet guns from around the age of 10. Turned 18 and bought a 12 gauge and HK USP 9mm, bought a case of 9mm and a case of shells and off too the range. I have literally put over 100,000 rounds through the USP and it still puts the entire magazine in one hole at 25m.

Wow!

Wow what?

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

I love firearms, though I don't think I would have anything beyond a reliable self defense revolver. Or three.
One to carry and two in different parts of my home, so I'm never really far from defending myself.

I support firearms rights, and I support entertainment rights.
I do not, however, support unjustified violence.

I think I might end up with .50 handguns, solely because of the terror factor when staring downbarrel.
A 9mm you might have to shoot, but a .50 will probably scare off people that can still be reasoned with.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 10:04 pm

Azereiah wrote:
I love firearms, though I don't think I would have anything beyond a reliable self defense revolver. Or three.
One to carry and two in different parts of my home, so I'm never really far from defending myself.

I support firearms rights, and I support entertainment rights.
I do not, however, support unjustified violence.

I think I might end up with .50 handguns, solely because of the terror factor when staring downbarrel.
A 9mm you might have to shoot, but a .50 will probably scare off people that can still be reasoned with.

Why not just go all the way and get a 50 BMG revolver? Your arms detaching from your body and flying off 50 ft in 2 directions should terrorize people sufficiently.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

20 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm

I don't own any guns, but I don't mind them, either. I've even shot my dad's 45 and 22. :)

Just as long as I am around people who are experienced with guns, I generally approve. :thumright:

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 4:39 pm

Azereiah wrote:

In fact, firearms are one of my special interests LOL :twisted:

MBTI- ISTP

slave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
slave wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
NorthPark wrote:

Wow!

Wow what?

100 000 is a lot of am-O.

arisu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2012, 6:54 pm

i wonder if location is the bigger factor here. if gun laws are stricter where you live chances are you're less likely to have a gun. gun and hunting culture is also a factor.

i live in new york city. we have pretty hefty regulations on guns. in my entire life i've never known a new yorker who hunted, though there is some game upstate.

the only people i've ever known to have guns are cops or gangbangers. since my aunt is a cop i was always told to stay away from her gun as a child, that it wasn't a toy. i wasn't allowed to have any toy guns because there have been cases of kids thinking their parents' gun was a toy or something. i don't know any gangbangers so my only experience with them is watching the news and hearing that some gang in one area got into a fight with some other gang and shot some innocent bystander. not the kind of thing that would make me want to have a gun.

i'm well aware that any weapon can be turned on the person who owns it. that said, i don't have a problem with people owning guns i just think screening is important. the guy with two felony assault charges probably doesnt need another gun.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 9:21 pm

Nope, because they havent made gun with movie silencers yet that make them completely silent.

I would get headache instantly. Could never work, loud bang noises or high pitch dont work.

I must admit i dont understand this culture of having guns, private people shouldn be allowed to have guns, atleast its that way here in Denmark and thats good, its just a mess when people have guns and are allowed to shoot people.

Ive always seen guns as coward weapon, because it can give a coward the power over who lives and dies.

Now owning stungun that would be amazing, hopefully in the coming years they can make them even smaller lighter and better, that is a proper weapon imo.

i wouldn wanna visit or be in any place were people have guns. Dont like guns at all. and i have killed pigs with knives as part of my job long ago, blood and stuff like that i can handle, gun no way. its just to much power for any normal dumb person.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 9:56 pm

loner1984 wrote:

Now owning stungun that would be amazing, hopefully in the coming years they can make them even smaller lighter and better, that is a proper weapon imo.

i wouldn wanna visit or be in any place were people have guns. Dont like guns at all. and i have killed pigs with knives as part of my job long ago, blood and stuff like that i can handle, gun no way. its just to much power for any normal dumb person.

WTF?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

okie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Aug 2012, 1:55 pm

1000Knives wrote:
I'd say like 90% of the people on gun forums are Aspies, so yeah, probably.
...Oh my god. Suddenly, it all makes sense. What other group of people could argue such minor differences in ballistic performance for so long? Who else has the patience to calibrate hand loads so precisely, and document them so thoroughly in their range notebooks?