Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 6:07 pm

If you want reliable transport and prefer an easy life, a classic might not be the way to travel. But personally I think they're great fun and also show some individual style, plus every journey is an adventure! Insurance is normally pretty cheap, too, although a V8 will drink a lot of petrol...

Talk to your local Merc owners's club and see what they think. I'd go for it, but then I tend to get bored quite easily...

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 6:13 pm

The 3,5 liter is the smallest V8 they have. Won't drink much more than my Volvo, I think. I have an 850, with a 5 cylinder 2,5 liter engine. But I will have to save some money first. :wink:

'Tis munny in my purse.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 6:15 pm

I want a Miata.

Well, I want a Ferrari, but that's not likely to happen, so a Miata'll do.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 6:18 pm

Volvo is actually a very good car, it's just not a very special car. And it's one of the most common cars in Sweden of course, while in Canada and the US they probably are seen as kind of exotic.

'Tis munny in my purse.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 6:26 pm

Mmm, not so much exotic as... well, fairly common, really.
Mercedes are a dime a dozen for the 190E's, etc. It really varies with the model. I mean, y'don't tend to see too many CLK-GTR's or '54 300SL's.

I like Volvo's for several reasons, namely safety. They also seem to have intelligently designed interiors and, to be honest, the more recent ones (XC90, S60/S70) are kinda sexy in an understated 'librarian by day, wildcat by night' kinda way.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 6:28 pm

My parents have an S70. 8)

'Tis munny in my purse.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 6:31 pm

I want two. I want the S70 convertible for the wife and an XC90 for me.
At the moment we have a 240GL. The classic.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 6:35 pm

I have had two 240 GL, both of them metallic blue. I sold the last of them in May and bought my 850 instead.

'Tis munny in my purse.

ooh_choc
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2006, 4:59 am

diseased wrote:
re: depression-induced boredom... yeah, been dealing with that one myself. I find it helps if I smoke a joint and play some Guild Wars and then go to bed.
I always avoid playing computer games or programming right before bed. They make it nearly impossible to sleep. They're too stimulating in the wrong way.

jread
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2006, 12:49 pm

krex wrote:
jread wrote:
I always have time making myself sleep. I've found that reading before bed helps a lot. Also, if I need a little extra help, I take some Melatonin. You can get a bottle of it just about anywhere (grocery stores, pharmacies). It REALLY works in helping you sleep. I also have a prescription of Ambien if it gets really bad (you cannot stay up if you take ambien, no matter how tough you are).

I considered this "melatonin" but read that it makes depression,especialy season depression,worse.Have you had any problems with this?I was affraid to even try it because depression is such an issue for me.

Well, I'm also on a powerful dosage of Zoloft for depression so I couldn't say for sure if melatonin has a negative effect on it :)

Machine_Elf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2006, 1:01 pm

i just generally feel pretty hopeless lonely and bored with living.
I dont know what i do to distract myself. Sometimes drugs... just because im a f*****g loser like that... i dont know anymore i really wish i did.

lol
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2006, 2:58 pm

If I anticipate having difficulty sleeping I will sometimes go out on my bike. Recently I happened to push myself though, and now I've got tendonitis (so don't go overboard you Aspie overachiever, you!)

As for when I'm down I like to work at my penmanship . It steels my resolve to focus on something mundane and everyday, and develop at my own pace and hold it to my own standards; it even provides me with a general feeling of discipline. Besides, it is my conviction that handwriting should at the very least be maintained lest anyone should need read it, and I get the feeling mine would regress if I didn't try. :oops:

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 4:32 pm

After last night I have to say that half a bottle of gin, a few cuts to the left arm and a long conversation about classic cars seems to work fairly well.

I should post something in the Haven, but I can't be bothered...