Do you think your aspergers makes it harder to accept...

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jan 2012, 8:16 am

all the bad things that happen in the world, maybe its just me but I find it really hard to get my head round, like Why can people do that and get away with it?? whyyyy!! !
other people seem to accept things without question when it makes me upset and angry even though it has very little to do with me it upsets me knowing such bad people exsist

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 8:22 am

I don't know, but the world's state often depresses me severely...

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

04 Jan 2012, 8:26 am

NaomiDB wrote:
all the bad things that happen in the world, maybe its just me but I find it really hard to get my head round, like Why can people do that and get away with it?? whyyyy!! !
other people seem to accept things without question when it makes me upset and angry even though it has very little to do with me it upsets me knowing such bad people exsist

If I understand you correctly, I think about this sort of thing all the time. People just seem to go along with it - even other autistic people - so I don't know where it comes from. Supposedly, autistic people tend to have a strong sense of justice, which may be true (even with people I disagree with), but it seems it doesn't automatically grant insight into what injustice is. I have my own blind spots, so I'm not claiming to be better than anyone, just different in my approach and focus.

Tiranasta
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2012, 12:08 pm

No, not at all. I have no emotion about things that do not affect me.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 12:12 pm

People are horrible. But then, by my own definition of what a horrible person is, I'm probably one as well. The worst people of all, as far as I'm concerned, are the ones who try to force their stagnant morals on everyone else, because at the end of the day, those people are hypocrites and no one is completely good.

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 12:13 pm

I try to avoid knowing about it.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 1:11 pm

I think it does have to do with my Asperger's Syndrome. When I start hearing or thinking about anything unfair, I get really upset and angry and scared, and I can't stop thinking about it. Sometimes I feel guilty if I stop thinking about it, so I have to keep thinking about it. I try to avoid thinking about those things because it distracts me from important things I need to do and makes me more likely to mistreat people (accidentally).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

NaomiDB wrote:

I kinda know how you feel...not to mention as much as I try not to care and convince myself maybe it really is best if I push myself to become just another normal member of society and go along with the game even though I really kinda disagree with everything this society stands for....but I can't do it. Maybe its a good thing maybe not........I mean its good because I can feel like I'm not going along with things I disagree with but at the same time I do live in this society so its kinda hard to survive when I cannot bring myself to 'suck it up and go along with it.'

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 1:18 pm

“All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.” -Mycroft Holmes

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 1:20 pm

diniesaur wrote:
I think it does have to do with my Asperger's Syndrome. When I start hearing or thinking about anything unfair, I get really upset and angry and scared, and I can't stop thinking about it. Sometimes I feel guilty if I stop thinking about it, so I have to keep thinking about it. I try to avoid thinking about those things because it distracts me from important things I need to do and makes me more likely to mistreat people (accidentally).

That might be part of the problem.....everyone tries to avoid thinking about the things going on in the wold that upset, anger and depress them because it distracts them from 'imporant' things like jobs, their favorite week-night sitcoms, that social gathering they have to go out to later on ect. Not trying to put you down, I guess I just think if people would actually look at how screwed up things are instead of trying to avoid thinking about it maybe something could be done. Also, whats going on is important...I find it quite important that people have their freedoms/human rights violated every day and that my country thinks the best way to deal with the world is violence and reaping of resources. I could go on but i guess I fail to see how that stuff is unimportant.

tropicalcows
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

I think about the corruption of humanity all the time, and it's a recurrent theme in my writing. I've begun to think there's no stopping it. The world is going down.

JoFo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

I don't know whether I look at corruption/problems/injustice in the world differently than people without AS, but I try to look at things with a perspective on human nature and history. There will always be lots of problems and injustice in the world and there always has been. As long as humans are around, good and evil will also be around.

But I am bothered when people say the world is in an especially bad state today. I don't think these times are any better or worse than before, just different. The world is having a lot of economic, environmental, political, and cultural problems but at least it isn't worse. At least we're not in the middle of a mega nuclear world war. There's also good things happening today too and I think we should never forget that. The internet and digital age that is bringing a new age of information upon us will go down as a milestone in human history. All over the world people are developing new technology for transportation, communication, and information. While these new technologies do not come without a few negative side effects, I think that overall they will make information accessible to more people, more easily, and more often and that's a very good thing. People are also continuing to make advances with science.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 2:26 pm

well this proves AS= emo thoery.. :roll:

I think its because we don't have a lot of social filters so we don't filter all the sh**t that goes on in the world, some conter this by hiding from it by fleeing by going into their own world or the various world of books and anime etc..

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 2:41 pm

diniesaur wrote:

this sums up my experiences