Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 1:48 am

First of all has anyone here heard of metalocalypse? I really like that show it makes a mockery of everything that is dark, twisted and evil in this world.

Secondly, does anyone know of any comedy shows simular to metalocalypse and equally dark? and also is anyone else into dark comedy and rather annoyed by a lot of happy/uplifting comedy?

Diabolikal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2012, 2:13 am

I've heard of Metapocalypse, it's the one with the heavy metal band that makes up a major part of the economy on Adult Swim, I caught an episode once. It was funny, but I'm usually not able to get Adult Swim. For other dark comedy, I suggest Dilbert The Animated Series, it features some dark comedy. And classic National Lampoon, not a TV show, but pretty dark. And Futurama has some dark comedy too. And It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 2:37 am

YES!! !
DETHCLOK Fk'n RULES!! !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IzEncyqfgw[/youtube]

Diagnosed in 2005

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 3:38 am

I freaking love Metalocalypse. I have three seasons on dvd and blu-ray, and both albums.

"I'm Toki, I slips in and out of diabetic coma. They should makes insulin flavored candy. Whatever. Candy, tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy."

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 3:53 am

Yes, my favourite show. I enjoy listening the music published as Dethalbum and Dethalbum II.

I don't know of any similar shows. Dethklok are the most metal.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 4:14 am

I also have both albums. Brendon Small is a hell of a musician!

The parodies and references were great. I.e. "Dr. Rockso" (he does cocaine) being very reminiscent of David Lee Roth, the band "Snakes & Barrels" (Guns & Roses), "Zazz Blammymatazz" (Eddie Van Halen), "Dimmu Burger" (Dimmu Borger), and more than I can remember off the top of my head.

Thirteenth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2012, 6:47 am

I've never seen a show quite like Metalocalypse, though i can think of a few shows that were just as dark/funny. My first suggestion would be "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace". Basically, the show is about this horror/western/erotica writer who made the worst horror hospital drama ever back in the 80's and has finally gotten the chance to air the show. Can't even try to explain the show properly, just is something that needs to be watched by all. I would also suggest "Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil" and "Mary Shelly's Frankenhole", if you want something more in line with Metalocalypse's humor. For something a lot more twisted, i would go with the PFFFR shows "Wonder Showzen" and "Xavier:Renegade Angel" or "Morel Orel" by Dino Stamatopoulos.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

I like Murderface because he reminds me of a coworker.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 2:31 pm

Metalocalypse is a great show! It's so funny. I like dark stuff like that.

Thirteenth wrote:
I've never seen a show quite like Metalocalypse, though i can think of a few shows that were just as dark/funny. My first suggestion would be "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace". Basically, the show is about this horror/western/erotica writer who made the worst horror hospital drama ever back in the 80's and has finally gotten the chance to air the show. Can't even try to explain the show properly, just is something that needs to be watched by all. I would also suggest "Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil" and "Mary Shelly's Frankenhole", if you want something more in line with Metalocalypse's humor. For something a lot more twisted, i would go with the PFFFR shows "Wonder Showzen" and "Xavier:Renegade Angel" or "Morel Orel" by Dino Stamatopoulos.

Frankenhole is awesome! I'm glad they're making a second season. Can't wait to watch it. I hope they put out DVDs of it.

jayson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Dec 2013, 6:31 am

its sad i discover this show years after it came out. i wish i was on the hype with everyone when the show was first on adult swim or whereever it first started. at first i thought the show was specifically directed at metal heads and punk rockers and s**t like that but the show is like a dose of heroine. everytime i finish an episode i instantly need to re-dose or i lose that trance of inner peace and gratification. im back into my regular life of gayness. season 5 where the fk r u

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 6:33 am

Murderface is my favorite. I get a kick out of him playing the bass with his...you know.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jayson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Dec 2013, 9:46 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Murderface is my favorite. I get a kick out of him playing the bass with his...you know.

lol

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 12:12 pm

I have yet to get my hands on Season 4. I've listened to all 3 albums. I watched The Doomstar Requiem: A Klok Opera.

I thought for sure the series would end right there but...those cliffhangers, man. I hope the series continues.

**If you saw the rock opera special, keep reading**
Season 5 might be heavily focused on Murderface.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.