Going to the pub with my ex girlfriend who is now a man..

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2012, 6:50 am

Ok so my ex girlfriend is a ftm trans (not on testosterone yet) and last night we went to the pub together, it was the first time he had been out for a drink in public and told people he was a guy and It was crazy, he totally passed, and even people who knew him in high school were just like "so what should we call you now?" It was really fun to see the different way people treated him as a guy, because he was with me he got loads of dirty jealous looks from guys who fancy me, he had a man chat with my ex boyfriend about how we are just friends and did the whole firm manly handshake thing, and this one guy was going up to him for advice on how to get it together with me!
It was really lovely to see him looking all happy and fitting in so well, he seemed a lot for comfortable than he ever did going out places as a woman.

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 7:22 am

NaomiDB wrote:
Ok so my ex girlfriend is a ftm trans (not on testosterone yet) and last night we went to the pub together, it was the first time he had been out for a drink in public and told people he was a guy and It was crazy, he totally passed, and even people who knew him in high school were just like "so what should we call you now?" It was really fun to see the different way people treated him as a guy, because he was with me he got loads of dirty jealous looks from guys who fancy me, he had a man chat with my ex boyfriend about how we are just friends and did the whole firm manly handshake thing, and this one guy was going up to him for advice on how to get it together with me!
It was really lovely to see him looking all happy and fitting in so well, he seemed a lot for comfortable than he ever did going out places as a woman.

Good for him. There are two trans gender women in my local pub, one is totally lovely and one is an arse. The arse is externally beautiful and will not talk about anything ever than how she used to be a guy and look at how gorgeous she is now (she really is). The record got stuck just after she had her sex change, she was a much more interesting bloke. Its sad.
The lovely woman struggles more externally, but has been blossoming for the last 5 years, since becoming a woman. Its inspiring.

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2012, 9:23 am

Awesome :) It's beyond cool they're happy now. I wish I knew more trans people honestly. I only know 2 but I'm sure there are more. I live in a very bad place to be gay or trans though.

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

See now that's great. Everyone should be that comfortable and happy. The tramadol people I know are some of the happiest I've come across. We all have our own issues internally though. I am a lesbian and while I have always been cozy with that I've never really " future in" with anyone. I tend to take things literally and most people can't handle that. I often find myself asking lots of questions to get to a true meaning and that in turn starts an argument in lots of cases. So I feel lonely most of the time. Perhaps one day I will truly fit in somewhere. :)