Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2012, 10:41 pm

I've had the same boyfriend for almost two years now, and even though I'm only 15, I'm absoluetely in love with him! We're both aspies (although I'm more high functioning), but I only know that because other people that know him have told me. He doesn't know that I know about him having AS, I want to let him know that and I'm supporting him in everyway I can each day, but I also want him to know about me having AS without feeling akward or getting a negative reaction to it. Any advise? :oops:

Fragmented
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2012, 12:49 am

"Have you ever heard of something called Aspergers?" "Why yes, I have, I have it, why do you mention it?" "Wow, you do? I do too! Hugs!" "Yayyyy."

Just an idea. You don't need to do it this way obviously, but if he has AS, he's probably not going to reject you for having it. Just find an okay time to bring it up, and do so. It'll be nerve wracking, but you can do it. :D

Aspie Score: 170 of 200
NT Score: 37 of 200

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2012, 3:04 pm

1), I'm happy for you, and 2) If he feels the same way about you, telling him you have AS won't change anything for the negative. If anything, it'll make him feel more comfortable around you. I mean, sure, he could get jealous that you're higher functioning, or think he can't compare because he's lower functioning, but those are insecurities that you can sate/appease.

TomboHikoki
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2012, 5:17 pm

IMO, there's a basic rule of thumb with these sorts of potentially awkward situations: if you have to say something that you feel is tough to explain to someone because you fear the consequences, then don't tiptoe around the issue in subjective terms, just say it! This doesn't just go for explaining AS to people; it's also the case with everything from a teen telling her loved ones that she's pregnant to a couple living in a group warning their roommates about their not-so vanilla sex life (I've read about that one before; it was about the potential noise),

So just tell him. Since you know he also has AS, you could get into a quality conversation about it, too. :D

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2012, 7:52 pm

I'll definitely tell him the next time he comes over to my house. It won't be hard since I know he'll want to open up to me about it when I start to open up about it. And I know he loves me enough to accept my AS and we'll go through each of our obstacles together. Thank you all for the advise and the extra "boost" to go with it, I REALLY appreciate it!! ! :D btw, if it were possible (and if none of you would mind it), I'd give you all a hug (because I like hugs)! !! !! :heart:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Jan 2012, 8:50 pm

Good for you. :)

I'm not lucky enough to have an Aspie boyfriend, but I have one and he's been fantastic so far!

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

I'm not lucky enough to have an Aspie boyfriend, but I have one and he's been fantastic so far!

A non-aspie boy friend?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2012, 10:51 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

That's great!! :D I hope the relationship lasts a long time and he treats you right. And I think aspie-NT relationships are pretty cool because both of you can learn a lot about eachother's different social lives without having to be under any type of pressure, if your put under any pressure (but personally I'd prefer to be an aspie)

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 3:44 am

Briana_Lopez wrote:
Any advise?

Avoid th...

*ahem*

Talk calmly.

Caesaran
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2012, 6:39 pm

Hey I got a ballsy idea!

Why don't you ask him "I need to find something out" then kiss him. If the kiss was good,Tell him"I just needed to know if we have compatible genetics"
If asks how u know that, then tell him.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

Caesaran wrote:
Hey I got a ballsy idea!

Why don't you ask him "I need to find something out" then kiss him. If the kiss was good,Tell him"I just needed to know if we have compatible genetics"
If asks how u know that, then tell him.

Umm this was old... Briana_Lopez how did it go (if you don't mind me asking)

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Apr 2012, 7:44 pm

Unfortunately I haven't been able to tell him yet. I was about to tell him when he came to visit me after my oral surgery, but my little sister, who I share a room with, wouldn't leave us alone -___-

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 10:50 pm

I don't see how anything bad could come of it You seem nervous about it, but I think you should just tell him. If I were him, I would probably be happy about the news.

Caesaran
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2012, 6:01 pm

yeah sorry for the bold idea earlier.

simply just tell him, it isnt a major deal.
it would clear up alot of his worries too.

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2012, 9:48 pm

It's ok Caesaran, no need to apologize. And yes, UnLoser, I am nervous about telling him. I;m not sur if he's an accepting person, but he seemed to accept my friend when she was diagnosed with bioplar. I didn't want to tell him today because it was his birthday. I could try to finally tell him before first period tomorrow if I can manage to bring something up about aspergers to him.